• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

More and more I think the original leak a year or so back about it just being SP only is true. People just found this in the game files post-update in MW and it specifically says: "Campaign Remastered" not just: "MW2 Remastered"

Yeah, I don't think MP is coming. Between MW (2019) base, Warzone, and CoD 2020, I don't think they want to split the playerbase up more.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if it'll boot from MW '19, or a separate launcher on battle.net

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna be very strange to be selling a game called Modern Warfare 2 a year after selling a game called Modern Warfare, but the former is not a sequel to the latter.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly would just do a MW2 map pack for MW 2019 and call it a day, no need to restore the whole MP and make possibly three COD compete against each other.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Hopefully it will have a standalone release. I'm not really interested in a new MW game for this particular moment, but would love to finally play MW2.

Oct 25, 2017
If they made a 'classic edition' playlist to the MP with OP noobtubes and the teleporting tac knife that'd be fun. Can't see myself going for the campaign at all though

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
I honestly would just do a MW2 map pack for MW 2019 and call it a day, no need to restore the whole MP and make possibly three COD compete against each other.
I read an article that some leaker of the campaign way-back-when had tweeted (before their account vanished) that this is what they are now going to do so that it doesn't split the players.

Of course that means it will be free so. Perhaps Warzone is doing well enough that Activision will be generous.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Can we get the remasters on the switch please?

But I would not mind a port of the original trilogy with MP modes, they still look suprisingly good

Call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2.jpg

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Time for Modern Warfare to break past 200GB

also I bet they add a few maps to the current modern warfare multiplayer and maybe a couple guns from MW2 that are still missing

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is even happening.

I can't believe how badly Activision are handling this.

Although giving me the classic skin means I would not be bothered about getting the tier 100 skin, because I will just use the OG skin forever.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Sounds like it is sold within Modern Warfare.

Maybe it's just kind of a big campaing add on with the same engine and so on

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I mean even from the original leaks like a year ago everyone said it was just gonna be the campaign.

Not that surprising.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming it will probably be like a $20 add on for MW 2019, and a smattering of MW2 maps will probably added into MW 2019s MP as a free content drop.

It could be totally separate too and buying it will get you that classic Ghost pack.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
MW2 multiplayer wouldn't hold up in comparison to the latest Modern Warfare. They should just bring over the most popular maps.

The campaign should be reworked in the style of the latest modern warfare as well.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
*puts on aluminium foil hat*
Must be because they suspect waaaaaay more people would enjoy and play MW2 MP remastered than MW 2019, even if the MP was broken. Still lots of fun and arguebly way more fun than the current one.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
My guess,, it'll be single player DLC or a separate campaign, I do wonder the state of MWR after MW2019 came out.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Fuuuuuu** without the multiplayer this is a no buy for me at anything above $10 damn I was so excited for the multiplayer but fixed

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I would anticapate this being DLC for MW2019 and then sold "seperately" later, in a similar manner to how Warzone was distributed "seperately" from MW2019 (i.e. still had to download the MW2019 client and the bulk of the files).

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Why would they want to kill their own multiplayer after just releasing a major entry in the series. There's a reason why they are Doing the campaign and just importing maps. Some of you guys make no sense