• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Over on the in-game store, the "Mother Russia" bundle is available for 2,000 COD Points (around $20 in real world currency), which includes the "Time to Die" character watch that keeps tabs of the Modern Warfare scoreboard deaths for your character! It seems that for now, this watch can't be bought separately, so those interested to be able to see their in-game deaths while in a match, will need to pony up $20 .While one can argue that this won't affect anything from a gameplay perspective, being able to see your deaths in the game while the match is on-going has been an oft-requested feature by the community, and is something every Call of Duty game has implemented until this year's Modern Warfare.

mw-scoreboard-deaths-counter.png

Source

Before people ask why it's important, all game modes do not show deaths. Only certain game modes show deaths while others will replace the death statistic on the scoreboard. This is real, you can check yourself under the store tab and scrolling through it using R2.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They really don't respect people's money is all that says to me

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This adds or removes nothing to the game. It's a vanity item. If you want it—cool. If you don't—cool. You're not missing out on anything.

Don't spend extra money on games with yearly releases.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Headline makes it seem like a bigger deal.

Some objective game mods don't show deaths because folks start sweatin their K/D rate.

Deaths shouldn't be a focus on those modes and there's no problem if it's not shown.

In objective modes like domination they'll show Kills/Flags captured/Flags defended/etc. Basicllt relevant to the game type.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is completely normal. CSGO doesn't let you see it either without buying a skin or getting it on the paid loot boxes.
Edit: NVM, mixed up deaths with kills

Last edited:
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
They really don't respect people's money is all that says to me

If you wanna change the title to something less 'big' you can change it to something like 'If you want to see your deaths in every game mode on Modern Warfare, it'll cost $20.' but I still think this is worth the discussion. It's a little ridiculous.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. This was free in every entry until this year?

So a lot of modes don't tell you what your death counter is until the very end of the match. In place to try and get people to not focus on their K/D as much AFAIK.

You still see your K/D as normal in your barracks and such.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
you see deaths at the end of the match though? Still don't see why this item would matter to anyone, really.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't agree with the practice of taking something that was once free and/or a standard feature and putting it behind a paywall. I honestly recommend that people do not support this.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even noticed which modes don't have deaths on the scoreboard. I play a few different ones and they always seem to be there when I look. I feel like if this was really meant to be predatory they would've hidden deaths in every game mode, which isn't the case.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
this is not a big deal. it's $20 for the entire bundle and its all.
So a lot of modes don't tell you what your death counter is until the very end of the match. In place to try and get people to not focus on their K/D as much AFAIK.

You still see your K/D as normal in your barracks and such.

It's not a big deal to the casual audience which is huge, but it's a big deal to the competitive or want to be competitive audience in my opinion cause things like your KDR will matter when it comes towards trying to get noticed in tournaments or get onto teams etc. I know it isn't a huge deal, but an item like this shouldn't be locked behind a $20 bundle. It should be separate for those who want only that item imo.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a big deal to the casual audience which is huge, but it's a big deal to the competitive or want to be competitive audience in my opinion cause things like your KDR will matter when it comes towards trying to get noticed in tournaments or get onto teams etc. I know it isn't a huge deal, but an item like this shouldn't be locked behind a $20 bundle. It should be separate for those who want only that item imo.

But in the end you still know what your KDR is for the match. What your saying would only be a problem if the game NEVER showed you it.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017

Some objective game mods don't show deaths because folks start sweatin their K/D rate.

Deaths shouldn't be a focus on those modes and there's no problem if it's not shown.

In objective modes like domination they'll show Kills/Flags captured/Flags defended/etc. Basicllt relevant to the game type.
How the fuck deaths don't matter in team deathmatch, that's the whole point of TDM.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If you wanna change the title to something less 'big' you can change it to something like 'If you want to see your deaths in every game on mode on Modern Warfare, it'll cost $20.' but I still think this is worth the discussion. It's a little ridiculous.

You could just use the CoD app also. It'll show the last 20 matches.

Also, I think at the end of the game the game shows all your deaths. It's just during the match it doesn't. And tbh I prefer it like that.

It'll just promote more camping to pass your kills instead of actually going for the objective.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title made me think this was like an exclusive kill cam perk. But it's literally just the number of deaths you have. Really not a big deal.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck deaths don't matter in team deathmatch, that's the whole point of TDM.

What the fuck?

TDM isn't a objective mode.

Read the OP or play the game. It shows deaths in TDM. In modes like Domination it doesn't show deaths until the END of the game. Instead itll show flags captured and flags defended.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck?

Read the OP or play the game. It shows deaths in TDM. In modes like Domination it doesn't show deaths until the END of the game. Instead itll show flags captured and flags defended.

Actually TDM only shows Kills/Assists, it doesn't show deaths until the end of the match.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
But in the end you still know what your KDR is for the match. What your saying would only be a problem if the game NEVER showed you it.
Yes, I know, but that's still effective because if you're someone who's aiming to be competitive, you want to know your Kill/Death Ratio in-game while the match is going on so you can finish the match going positive. I understand your point though, I'm just trying to show the competitive side/argument against it, ya know?

You could just use the CoD app also. It'll show the last 20 matches.

Also, I think at the end of the game the game shows all your deaths. It's just during the match it doesn't. And tbh I prefer it like that.

It'll just promote more camping to pass your kills instead of actually going for the objective.

The games shows all your deaths, after the match. Like I said above though, people wanna continue to grow their KDR competitively and you can't change that after a match is done, ya know? There are people who really care about their KDR, and honestly, most of the game modes don't have camping unless it's Ground War from my experience. A lot of people run around with the .725 shotgun which is just as obnoxious though lmao. Then again, I mostly play Domination, Kill Confirmed, Headquarters and Ground War or sometimes Shoot House 24/7 which really doesn't have camping cause the spawns are trash in that mode.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
What the fuck?

Show deaths as in the stat? Because unless it changed in the last 2 weeks TDM does not show your death count until the match ends.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
What the fuck?

Maybe you should play the game, you can't see your deaths in TDM until a split second at the end of the game.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
For the people that keep saying this is nothing and non news.

Do you know that they removed the ability to see your Deaths during a Team Deathmatch game, something that has been in every single COD since the beginning, and the only way to see Deaths now is through this bullshit.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
By the way, I already reported the thread asking for a title change to make it a little more accurate to cause less confusion Slayven or whoever else can do it, I'd appreciate it!

May 17, 2018

This, entirely. Taking deaths out of the scoreboard was a great move. Won't make everyone focus on the objective, but, it *definitely* helps!

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do ppl actually fall for something like that and more importantly for that price. Yikes.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
This, entirely. Taking deaths out of the scoreboard was a great move. Won't make everyone focus on the objective, but, it *definitely* helps!

I wouldn't even mind if they removed 'Kills' from the scoreboard for objective modes like domination. I see so many people playing this mode like TDM with 0 captures. Drives me insane.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
You can check your death after the game is over and the scoreboard scrolls over.

Taking deaths out of the scoreboard means people stop emphasising the KDR infatuation that kind of plagued previous CODs. I'm totally fine with them taking it out and adding it in as a meaningless cosmetic thing that had no effect on the game

This seems like a nothing issue... keep the free maps coming.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yep, I love the trend of games not showing deaths on the scoreboard. I'm not sure if CoD even did it first, might have been Halo.

But hey if selling stuff like this let's me play new maps for free, then great.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They can sell me all this shit, but no thank you. The trade off for free maps has been superior.