• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe their official first look on the new cod will be shown on a compressed twitch stream, no official trailer or anything but some dudes streaming a gameplay mode, no story mode trailer nothing.

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Are they only gonna show this mode?
There will also be some other announcement, but yeah in terms of what they'll actually show it's probably just this mode.
One announcement will probably be a new pre-order bonus if you pre-order through the digital store, with that pre-order bonus being Price for use in Black Ops 4's Blackout mode. It already leaked last Tuesday via the Xbox One version of the game.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
This just reminds me how Modern Warfare 2's maps were a cut above the rest. No other Call of Duty game, in my opinion, has maps better than this one. I play COD4 Remastered on PS4 and I really dislike every map in that game with the exception of one.

I think why I like the maps so much is because they don't feel like you're playing the 3-path structure that most COD maps now have.

Agreed, also two lead map designer from MW2 is returned to Infinity Ward from Respawn and they're responsible for the maps of MW 2019 this alone makes me more excited than all of the CoD games in this gen combined.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Stream hasn't properly started yet though one of the streams says that the multiplayer gameplay premiere happens August 1st at 10 AM PDT.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I kind of wish there was a Bunny Tracks mode in this games that was developed by the Unreal Tournament 99 community. Once I discovered mods and servers with different game modes in that game, I found myself playing Bunny Tracks more than anything else. It was fun as well to see the creativity of the community but also frustrating trying to execute such pin-point accurate requirements in order to make it to the end.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
i was disappointed to see yestertday that gamestop has the precision edition sold out already. I am hoping they havent really begun stocking it for pre order. I want the steelbook lol

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Looks like the game is 5v5 again? Lobby shows 10 players.
D_NbkwuXkAEqShd.jpg:orig

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really good. Gun animations and animations in general are a step above previous games.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's enough for me the streamer I watched has some sort of disorder with the amount of screaming he has going on.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
looks like the first person animations got a big overhaul. The gun is really moving around now when the character moves.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
CouRage is annyoing AF jesus

The animations looks a lot better, the lighting looks really good.

FPS animations are really nice. The game looks like a serious shooter and not a cartoon one.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit more weighty and realistic as well

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No minimap as the default would be amazing if they went for it, I'm guessing that's just mode specific tho

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Here's the rundown of how Gunfight works in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare:
  • Gunfight is only 2v2
  • Gunfight features specially designed maps for this mode only. Three maps have been shown today:
    • King: Interior of warehouse
    • Pine: Dense Forest
    • Stack: Desert Container Yard
  • There is no create a class in the Gunfight mode.
  • The load outs are set for each player, and the load outs that players play with change every 2 rounds.
  • There is 6 rounds total per match
  • When the match starts, the timer gives you 40 seconds to win the round
  • If after 40 seconds there is no winner, a flag appears on the map. Players have to run to the flag and defend it for 3 seconds to secure the win.
  • If no one can defend the flag within the new time limit, the round will end and the team with the most total health left wins
  • There is 100 health per player, combined for 200 health between the two players
  • You do not heal in this mode and auto-health regeneration is disabled for this mode. The health amount is set.
  • The top of the screen shows the combined health per team, allowing you to see how much damage you have done and how much health your team has left.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most different looking cod in terms of first person animations. They're realism and weight. I'm liking it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.