• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It was streamed earlier today on Twitch.

The dude who keeps screaming is like the most stereotypical bro-ish COD player I think I've ever heard ><

As others have said, the gameplay looks fine but this was such a weird way to reveal it. I'd much prefer a tightly put together dev walkthrough. Looks like I'll be waiting until August for that :/

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Looks totally unremarkable to me. Need to see their BR to see if I'll even bother...But if the BR is what I think it could be (Modern Warfare maps incorporated into a BR) then I'm all in.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Everything looks just alright to me. Even graphically looks just ok the environments look pretty empty so far. I await to see the rest of the game but so far im not really impressed or excited.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like how reigned in and paced the gameplay looks.

Been put off for so long by COD games that seem like that Twitch stream guy above in game form.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine. Expected PC footage though given the rumours of CoD's esports scene switching to PC (and franchised teams).

The 2v2 mode shown seems more like Gamebattles 2v2 SnD than Faceoff from MW3.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Such an odd way to handle an initial MP reveal. A handful of streams on Twitch.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Damnit I think I may finally buy another CoD game. I've made it since BLOPS 2, and I skipped a few before that, so I'm relatively happy with myself. It still depends on the monetization model for me though.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Yeah, I think we can all agree that hitdetection needs quite a bit of work. It seemed fine most of the time but at times it's like you were shooting a ghost, and at other times it was like you were shooting an elephant.
There are some bugs the team is looking at based on the killcam replay weirdness today. Especially snipers, not sure what's up there.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Looks fine. Expected PC footage though given the rumours of CoD's esports scene switching to PC (and franchised teams).

Huh? I'd love to see them try and create a PC esports scene but had no clue about such a rumour? Would make no sense to me when they have some massive pros in the console scene like Scump.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really different. That is a welcome change, I'm sure people will adjust, at its core it still seems like CoD.

Of course, we've been playing CoD with the same engine more or less for over 10 years at this point.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think there is any rumour he seems to pulled that from his arse?
lol. nah the rumours come from a reddit/twitter account that has leaked roster changes in the competitive scene amongst other things over the years (cod burner).

Edit: Also should've added "leaked" as they are hit n miss like all industry "insiders".

Last edited:

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
why the fuck is that guy screaming on everything. I couldn't watch past 5min. Just fuck off dude and play

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
omg my god my ears on that twitch reveal. Jeeez. Graphics definitely look a step up

It's like the devs were like "WE NEED THE HYPEST HYPE PLAYERS"

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? I'd love to see them try and create a PC esports scene but had no clue about such a rumour? Would make no sense to me when they have some massive pros in the console scene like Scump.
That and the CoD business model of releasing a game every year kinda goes against how the usual esports FPS titles work nowadays. Regardless, the franchising part seems to have panned out if this reply from Crimsix is anything to go by

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm definitely picking this game up, but I'm combing through videos to find people who are talking over other's gameplay. Most of the streamers end up just being super hype for their chat.

Any talks about a beta?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the Modern Medal of Honours and not like COD at all which is interesting.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay at first glance looks like a nice refresh, might be my first call of duty since advanced warfare.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It looks excellent. I can't wait to play it.

I truly dread the amount of microtransaction bullshit they're going to layer into this game each month post launch though.

Also, the screaming is insufferable. Jesus fucking Christ, dude... I had to turn the sound down.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything official available from Activision? I don't really care to watch the streamers.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
I liked it. Looked like a mix between CS GO and R6 Siege.

Odd choice for IW to start with this for their first impression. Those streamers did not help as well.

3 weeks of waiting until the next reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
Despite liking what we saw this was a horrendous first look and it seems like the response besides graphics is mostly negative imo.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Watched MrmattyPlays' video and while it does look better, it's far from amazing or anything. Foliage still seems static as hell, even in such a small map too.

I really want to see campaign now. But we have no idea when we're getting that eh?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People I watch like driftor and xclusive ace were actually really impressed

Maybe I'll actually end up liking this, just gotta get my hands on it

Status
Not open for further replies.