• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Since they're not going to reveal more till the August 1st they should at least upload a raw PS4 Pro footage of Gunfight mode. 15+ days with 900p stream quality videos won't cut it.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I am reluctant to give an opinion on the game before actually playing it because it's hard to judge something based on a low quality stream and one game mode but I do want to share a few thoughts on what I have seen.

Firstly, it's nice to see that they are trying something different, it reminds me a lot of early days rainbow six siege in the way the game moves and feels, seems a lot slower paced and methodical but still keeps the call of duty feel.

It looks quite early in terms of how finished it is though, whilst the graphics look pretty darn good and the animations look fantastic at times, something about it just feels, I don't know, clunky at times?

I can't quite put my finger on it, I don't know what it is, it feels a lot like a game on a brand new engine (which it is) in both good and bad ways, honestly if I didn't know this was COD I would think it was a new game on the market trying to emulate what COD 4 did but with better graphics and slightly clunkier gameplay, almost like an smaller dev team doing a love letter.

Everything seems like it has an added weight to it, which isn't a bad thing imo, like it's going for a more sim/tactical approach but it still keeps the fast paced feeling of older COD games.

That being said however, I am very interested in this, it made me want to see more and has genuinely got me interested because I feel like it has a lot of potential, especially on the single player side of things, there was a lot of positives to take from this and at the very least it feels like they are trying something different.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this gave me even a few more questions about full MP, especially factions.
gunfight was
Alliance(Russians)
vs
Coalition(SAS)

Wonder if it will essentially be
1. Two teams of custom good guys against each other just labelled differently
2. Coalition side is customizable, Opposition side are mostly set
3. Coalition side is customizable, Opposition side has separate Operators and customization

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watching some of the gameplay, are most of the weapons not name correctly? Like the famas is called the fr .556. Could be licensing or whatever but I wonder if this has been brought up. Or am I one of the few odd balls that care about those type of things.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some of the gameplay, are most of the weapons not name correctly? Like the famas is called the fr .556. Could be licensing or whatever but I wonder if this has been brought up. Or am I one of the few odd balls that care about those type of things.
Yeah, some have weird labels like the "M91" which is the "Saw" or "M249".

Thinking about it though,
- Activision years back said they wouldn't do licensing deals with weapon companies anymore
- Activision got sued for humvees in MW2 without a license
- the SWAT-556(Sig 556) from Black Ops 2 was named the SWAT RFT in Black Ops 4
- the Galil from Black Ops 1 was renamed the GRAV in Black Ops 4
- MWR weapons retained their names but the new weapons all had knock off looks and names(Lynx = Honey Badger, D25s = SR25/M110 )

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
I need to see TDM before making any opinion. The 3v3 mode and S&D were too stressful for me to enjoy them.

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
This looks awesome to be honest. Extremely small quarters leads to constant action despite the "waiting to respawn" mentality.

I dislike modes like Search and Destroy, and sometimes Rainbow Six Siege, as you have to wait inordinate amounts of time before getting back into the action.

The way these levels are designed forces players into action rather than camping.

I hope the 6x6 multiplayer also gives us small levels. Larger levels with the same amount of players is some boring shit. Snipers camping in windows, running simulators. There's a reason why stuff like Nuketown, Firing Range, Jungle, Summit, Hijacked, Slums, Plaza and Raid are popular maps.

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing from the leak that there are currently only 20 operators is extremely disappointing.
IW doesn't have the Siege excuse of the gadgets that require precise balancing.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else out here disappointed by the way they've marketed Modern Warfare? The game has so much potential to bring back fans who felt alienated with past few COD iterations and all that's out there a story cinematic/in engine trailer. No SP campaign gameplay footage, no proper multiplayer footage. All we have is 2 or may be 3 screenshots shown at E3 and "We are not ready to show it out yet" comments, but hey we've had journalists play them and you can read their impressions. And now we've got streamers showing some gunfight gameplay which doesn't come across good first impression?

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else out here disappointed by the way they've marketed Modern Warfare? The game has so much potential to bring back fans who felt alienated with past few COD iterations and all that's out there a story cinematic/in engine trailer. No SP campaign gameplay footage, no proper multiplayer footage. All we have is 2 or may be 3 screenshots shown at E3 and "We are not ready to show it out yet" comments, but hey we've had journalists play them and you can read their impressions. And now we've got streamers showing some gunfight gameplay which doesn't come across good first impression?
Yeah marketing is atrocious.

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
We're getting raw gameplay send by Infinity Ward to YouTubers half an hour from now. Drif0r received some footage and accidentally broke the embargo on his stream

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering what that James Bond -like sprint animation was about, but I guess it's to distinguish it from 'super sprint' (at 2:30 in the video?).

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this.... actually looks good to me. I'm now excited to see how the more hectic modes (and new BR) play out with the added animations/weightiness.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
They should've shared this from the get-go, announcing via stream was a good idea for hyping but the streamers they brought was so cringey and 900p compressed footage didn't do the game justice. The game looks and sounds incredible I can't imagine the level of detail in the singleplayer. We are finally getting a worthy successor to MW2.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that looks like Call of Duty all right.

I'm still waiting to see how it's monitization system is since Black Ops 4 killed whatever trust I had left in the series.

May 17, 2018
Kinda weird that there's no one jumping. At least in the Gamespot video. Especially in such close quarters, you better believe people will be jumping and landing in prone.

Unless they're pulling a God of War and removing jumping?

Anyway, looks incredible and I can't wait.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Another year where CoD looks great to me. Heck , this one looks like the one that keeps me interested though. Wow at the gameplay.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Emphasis on KILLstreaks is a great thing, even for a scrub like myself. Matches up with the leaks too.

Can't wait for the full reveal this week.

is there a better thread to discuss this game? The multiplayer reveal is happening this week

The mods locked all August 1 reveal threads when it got announced for whatever reason, but I think someone could make a new one now or the OP could request a change

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The mods locked all August 1 reveal threads when it got announced for whatever reason, but I think someone could make a new one now or the OP could request a change

Some reason the mods kept thinking that the August 1st reveal was the Gunfight reveal. So they kept closing them even after telling them that.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The multiplayer reveal for Infinite Warfare wasn't until September, so they're actually a month ahead of the last cycle lol

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Weren't Scorestreaks a better idea/version of Killstreaks tho? If I'm playing a Objective mode, actually assisting with objectives should be valued.

it should be variable in my opinion.

killstreaks for any deathmatch mode and any objective mode moves to scorestreaks...............would make sense

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Emphasis on KILLstreaks is a great thing, even for a scrub like myself. Matches up with the leaks too.

Some reason the mods kept thinking that the August 1st reveal was the Gunfight reveal. So they kept closing them even after telling them that.
sounds like we need a new thread then

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

is there a better thread to discuss this game? The multiplayer reveal is happening this week
I already made a multiplayer reveal thread last week, can we move all current discussion there as this thread has served its purpose?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That makes it look so cool.

Really nice if we select our streaks from a warehouse type setting.

Still not getting overhyped until I know the mtx system
they hypest i could be would be getting hands on it with it, and actually being good and having fun with it

I actually prefer scorestreaks over killstreaks tho, oh well, maybe its a mix of both

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the YouTuber who's been leaking everything was right. He leaked the killstreaks a few weeks ago.
  • Personal UAV
  • Shielded Turret
  • Care Package
  • Scrambler Drone
  • Clusterstrike
  • Cruise missile (sounds similar to predator)
  • UAV (for the whole team)
  • Precision Airstrike
  • Wilson (small remote tank)
  • Chopper Gunner
  • Advanced UAV
  • White Phosphorus (chemical strike)
  • VTOL (fighter jet that hovers over map)
  • Juggernaut
  • Pavelow
  • AC-130
  • Nuke (25 kills, will be game ending at the moment)

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
hmmm...killstreaks? I never got far with killstreaks and my 2kdr. Can someone explain to me why are killstreaks better than scorestreaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.