• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
This sounds so dope man!! I cannot wait for this Call Of Duty. Anything that has to do with the first Modern Warfare just warms my little heart so much!

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's cool for people who look forward to that kind of mode, but 2v2 sounds really boring to me.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Where on earth did you read that? Literally most of the promo has been around the ENTIRELY new engine which has been worked on for 5 years and will be the cod engine for all future titles.

I'm excited to see this and glad to hear they are trying new modes on the small scale PvP side and not just doing old pvp + br.
It's not a new engine they say that every year
Where on earth did you read that? Literally most of the promo has been around the ENTIRELY new engine which has been worked on for 5 years and will be the cod engine for all future titles.

I'm excited to see this and glad to hear they are trying new modes on the small scale PvP side and not just doing old pvp + br.

Are you new to cod? They say this every year and it's always just the same engine modified.

I read it on earth from multiple places you should check your hype this happens every single year.

Here's the digital foundry article

"The engine has been radically retooled with an eye for real-life accuracy, kicking off with a move to a state-of-the-art physically-based rendering system built on exploiting photogrammetry - the science of scanning objects directly, replicating not just their shape but material properties such as their roughness and reflectivity, essential for integration into a brand new lighting solution."

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
It's not a new engine they say that every year

Are you new to cod? They say this every year and it's always just the same engine modified.

I read it on earth from multiple places you should check your hype this happens every single year.

Here's the digital foundry article

"The engine has been radically retooled with an eye for real-life accuracy, kicking off with a move to a state-of-the-art physically-based rendering system built on exploiting photogrammetry - the science of scanning objects directly, replicating not just their shape but material properties such as their roughness and reflectivity, essential for integration into a brand new lighting solution."

Huh? they have never ever said this. Do you have any links to prove this?

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
meh.

Just show me some raw traditional MP mode footage!

Yup it makes you wonder why they haven't showed much I'm assuming as usually the game is coming in hot.

Like who cares about a 1v1,2v2 mode multiplayer must be running like shit if they haven't showed it yet.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

This is absolutely not the same stuff they say every year dude. Most outlets have been simply reporting it as a new engine.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Hostility towards another member
This is absolutely not the same stuff they say every year dude. Most outlets have been simply reporting it as a new engine.

Holy shit your reading comprehension is bad. They aren't going to toss out the cod engine and start from Scratch it's just a heavily modified version of the old cod engine which isnt really bad thing. Not sure why your Panties are all in a bunch.

I personally am done falling for Activisions bullshit PR let's be real here.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Holy shit your reading comprehension is bad. They aren't going to toss out the cod engine and start from Scratch it's just a heavily modified version of the old cod engine which isnt really bad thing. Not sure why your Panties are all in a bunch.

I personally am done falling for Activisions bullshit PR let's be real here.

You said "They say this every year and it's always just the same engine modified." Then linked a huge deep dive digital foundry did on the massive engine overhaul/new engine (whatever you want to call it). Activision have not gone hard on the PR for their engine like this in a looong time, they don't say this every year, like at all. I get that you are cynical about it, but please don't make stuff up and get your facts straight before you try insulting my reading comprehension you clown.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh wow does this mean we actually see some fucking gameplay!!!

About God damn time. Only 3 months away from release without a single second shows of gameplay. Unbelievable.

Buy moar shitty BlackOps4 lootboxes doe!!!

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Isn't this mode supposed to be like fiesta in Halo where you spawn with random weapons? Should be good to show off different weapons, but yeah this is a very weird marketing play. I'm thirsting for gameplay so I'll take what I can get, I guess.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Traditionally we haven't seen MP stuff at this point with previous games (aside from BO4).

This is factually incorrect are you just One of those people who has to get the last word in even when wrong?

WW2 multiplayer trailer was June 12th, blops 3 was also in June. What are you arguing here?google is a thing you know this shit is not hard to find out.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
We didnt see demo of Single player either wtf now their first reveal of actual gameplay is some random mode 2v2 streamed by twitch ?

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
???

Any reason they won't show good ol' MP? 2v2 doesn't seem interesting in the slightest.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best memories I have of CoD are doing 2v2 Faceoff in MW3 with my buddy and trying to get care packages to land on their side on Erosion so we could go out of bounds and mess with the other team.

Good times. Goooooooood times

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Huh? they have never ever said this. Do you have any links to prove this?
They at least said that with Ghosts, which was total BS considering it looked exactly like MW3 just with higer res. Advanced Warfare legit looked like they used a new engine, but it still should be the older engine just with upgrades. And yeah, they absolutely didn't say that every year.

Anyone know if they still have some old idTech 3 engine code in there like in the old days?

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017
They at least said that with Ghosts, which was total BS considering it looked exactly like MW3 just with higer res. Advanced Warfare legit looked like they used a new engine, but it still should be the older engine just with upgrades. And yeah, they absolutely didn't say that every year.

Anyone know if they still have some old idTech 3 engine code in there like in the old days?

Out of curiosity, I'm pretty sure somewhere in Unreal 4, there's still some code originating from Unreal Tournament 1999 somewhere. Same with Doom 2016 and the old idTech engines. However, nobody ever really disputes that those are "new engines" and never complain about how Fortnite and Doom 2016 are still using technology over a decade old. At what point is an engine changed enough to the point that it is considered a "new engine?" When some marketing department slaps a new number on the end?

Livestream links
OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Last edited:

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Aaah can't wait! Crazy excited for this cod and any multiplayer gamemode that allows for teams of 2 is an instant yes in my book.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By now we should have seen some traditional footage - 2v2 sounds boring and not exciting.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Out of curiosity, I'm pretty sure somewhere in Unreal 4, there's still some code originating from Unreal Tournament 1999 somewhere. Same with Doom 2016 and the old idTech engines. However, nobody ever really disputes that those are "new engines" and never complain about how Fortnite and Doom 2016 are still using technology over a decade old. At what point is an engine changed enough to the point that it is considered a "new engine?" When some marketing department slaps a new number on the end?
For me, new engine would mean they start completely from scratch, especially if it's an in-house solution like the CoD engine has been since at least MW1. At the same time, I would argue that at least since AW there have been so many significant changes to the engine that I'd call it new compared to the engine of the PS360 era. And I'm pretty sure that MW will make another huge leap.

It's a weird distinction to make, but that's my stance.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me correcting your incorrect statements with facts is not being argumentative.

Jesus.

I'd rather not have to respond but it's hard to not respond to false information.

It's your tone that stinks, there's ways of talking to people.

Anyway traditionally worth CoD games aside from the games you listed we didn't get MP info until August September, that's what I was getting at.

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway traditionally worth CoD games aside from the games you listed we didn't get MP info until August September, that's what I was getting at.

In particular, for the last Infinity Ward CoD, we didn't get a single bit of multiplayer footage until September 2.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
For me, new engine would mean they start completely from scratch, especially if it's an in-house solution like the CoD engine has been since at least MW1. At the same time, I would argue that at least since AW there have been so many significant changes to the engine that I'd call it new compared to the engine of the PS360 era. And I'm pretty sure that MW will make another huge leap.

So you realize Frostbite, Naughty Dog's Engine, The Decima engine and such are all based off ancient code right?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

I would bet that you haven't got anything completely from scratch since like the 80s.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So you realize Frostbite, Naughty Dog's Engine, The Decima engine and such are all based off ancient code right?
FIrst of all, I don't take any issue whatsoever with a studio using older code. The only time the "new engine" claim annoyed me was with CoD Ghosts, because it extremely obviously wasn't new. Secondly, of course I know that most engines have a starting point, but didn't at least Forstbite start from zero?

EDIT: Maybe I should clarify that "starting from zero" means not using middleware engines and the start and iterate from there to me. CoD started on the Quake 3 engine, iirc and went from there. Frostbite, the ND engine didn't start from Unreal or other code, afaik.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I actually just wanted to dispute the claim that CoD devs promote their games with "NEW ENGINE!!!" every year. Which they don't.

Last edited:

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm not expecting to see some crazy good graphics like it was hyped especially not a generation leap forward (comparing to BF5)

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017
FIrst of all, I don't take any issue whatsoever with a studio using older code. The only time the "new engine" claim annoyed me was with CoD Ghosts, because it extremely obviously wasn't new. Secondly, of course I know that most engines have a starting point, but didn't at least Forstbite start from zero?
I don't know the behind the scenes stuff about Frostbite, but I'm pretty sure DICE didn't start from absolute zero with Frostbite, at least not in the way you've described previously.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You're the one getting mad when you are corrected with factual information found in a simple google search.

Yet her you are still trying to argue lol. Talk about my tone stinking. You have always been a dick in cod threads as far back as the old website we don't name. Don't bother responding your now on ignore I'm not interested in talking in circles with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.