• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vaco6121

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Near Rochester, MN
Jan 2, 2018

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. Just how unsafe is america. Like are there day time robberies or break in common that people are so on edge. I feel like i read a similar story once or twice a month.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
"If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they're not expecting you — announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you're getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night," Norman said.
I thought it was from the Onion...

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
It's not though. I realized this as soon as my girl said she wanted to get a gun for protection. Any surprise visit can get you killed.

Of course it is. You're saying that it's completely ok that in a supposed civilised society a child can get shot in their own home by a gun-tooting parent for not announcing themselves when they wake up to get a drink in the middle of the night?... That's somehow a completely OK situation to you? And if said child does get blown away by dad or mom, it's their own fault for not remembering to announce themselves?... wtf?!

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness for the Angel watching over her that night! Mind you, would have been nice if the Angel had stepped in marginally earlier and stopped her mum from shooting her in the first place, but it's all banter amirite. Rember that time you shot me mum! How we laughed.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I really wish God stepped in a second before disasters instead of narrowly saving people every now and then.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Even the staunchest gun advocate should agree that no person that fires their gun blindly at people should be allowed to have them right?

That's about as far away from "responsible gun owner" as it gets.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more embarrassed than not to be american anymore. I'm sure this happens all the time and isnt reported in the media.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
It's 3am. I crack open my bedroom door as quietly as possible and scream into the dark:

"Everyone! Wake up! This is Dave. I am going to go get a drink! Please respond affirmatively that you will not murder me!"

So the mom was just sitting there with her gun pointing at the door and started blasting as soon as it opened without a second of thought?

You really never know when Obama is gonna show up to steal your guns.

Oct 27, 2017
So even after being shot, her solution is to announce your presence everytime you move in your own home to avoid getting blasted.

What a bunch of fucking idiots. The gun did not protect you, it almost ruined your entire family.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Only in America can a kid get maimed by their gun-toting parent and see it as a sign that the heavens are protecting them.

Edit:
"If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they're not expecting you — announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you're getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night," Norman said

I mean look at the insanity of this quote. The police urge the Family of gun owners to announce when they wake up to get water. You fucking have to wake everyone up so you don't get shot if you are thirsty? It's so much more likely that a gun owner will shoot a relative than ever have an intruder to shoot, yet we pretend that intruders are the ever present danger.

Last edited:

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
their are so gun culted that they even smile after getting show by their moms

I wouldn't be fuckin' smiling at all. I would be, fuck your gun!

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
for next time, mom:

AXVTb9p.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
For reference, here in the UK I've lost track of the amount of times I've entered my old childhood home unexpectedly and my 73 year old mother had hurdled the sofa brandishing a blade and sliced me up.

Pretty normal sitch 'yo.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Oh Hannah remember that time I shot you? Oh how we laughed. You know mum, I'd completely forgotten about that. Wasn't it a giggle!

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Every time I come home and don't get blasted away, I know that my angel is looking out for me.

But if I do get shot at, my angel will keep me from dying.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of when Pope John Paul got shot and after surviving he said something like "a maternal hand guided the bullet", presumably referring to Mary. You'd think she could have guided the bullet not to hit you at all but I guess she was having an off day.
But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Checkmate liberals, non fatal bullets redeemed

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When did this guardian angel stuff become a thing? It's not in the Bible.

Edit - Looks like the old testament has mention of angels protecting over people.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
"If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they're not expecting you — announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you're getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night," Norman said.
I don't have words for this, just wow.

"Listen up everyone, I have to take a shit, please don't shoot me!"