• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
#thankful #blessed #angelwatchingoverme

Imagine having to scream "FRIENDLIES COMING THRU" to take a piss late at night.

ThunderousPowerlessAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Also to protect from the family.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the major problems I have with the gun culture in the states. I am all for people owning guns, with caveats that I won't go into right now, but when some dumbass shoots their own child there needs to be some legal consequences beyond "That was a close one. Remember people announce yourself or else your mom might gun you down"

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I can only imagine.

3 AM: "Mooooom, I'm going to the kitchen to drink some water, please don't shoot me".

That last quote in OP is ridiculous.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017

Now I feel old.

I worked with people like this. A conversation I had with one of the married guys.

Them: My gun is always in reach even when sleeping.

Me: What if you don't wake up and they get your gun from the nightstand.

Them: It's not on the nightstand, it's in a secret holster on the back of the night stand. Also I lock my bedroom door at night.

Me:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
So how many actual intruders has the mom shot? Cause if the number of daughters you've shot is higher than the number of intruders you supposedly got the the gun to protect yourself from then it's clearly not -ing working.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is White Minstrelsy at its finest.

The original news story even has the nerve to describe this as "It's a scenario that is likely a parent's worst nightmare."

It never crossed my mind to be anxious about accidentally shooting my children. I'm a little behind on parental worries it seems.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Yea WTF? Mom was ready as shit in camo gear and about to toss a grenade at whoever enters the house. What a nutjob.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how many actual intruders has the mom shot? Cause if the number of daughters you've shot is higher than the number of intruders you supposedly got the the gun to protect yourself from then it's clearly not -ing working.

It's actually mapping accurately to statistics. You buy a gun to protect your house (when you're not a meth dealer) and you're already gambling that the murderers are coming despite statistics clearly demonstrating accidents, suicides and deliberate domestic violence are much more likely.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's actually mapping accurately to statistics. You buy a gun to protect your house (when you're not a meth dealer) and you're already gambling that the murderers are coming despite statistics clearly demonstrating accidents, suicides and deliberate domestic violence are much more likely.

I wonder whether there are more families with guns than fire extinguishers at home.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Now I feel old.

I worked with people like this. A conversation I had with one of the married guys.

Them: My gun is always in reach even when sleeping.

Me: What if you don't wake up and they get your gun from the nightstand.

Them: It's not on the nightstand, it's in a secret holster on the back of the night stand. Also I lock my bedroom door at night.

Me:

giphy.gif
I'm sure he's a trained assassin and wakes at the drop of a pin. He's also never groggy from being sleepy and his eyes are 100 percent focused when he wakes up. He also doesn't have that slight delay of confusion when something wakes you up out of a deep sleep.

I wonder whether there are more families with guns than fire extinguishers at home.
Not even a question. Besides, they could shoot the fire to extinguish it.

Lol

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Even as someone who thinks we shouldn't ban guns at all, if you're the type of person who can't recognize a family member trying to surprise you or someone in your household grabbing water in the middle of the night from an intruder trying to do some shit, you probably shouldn't own a gun.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Pure insanity. Nothing else to say.

I guarantee you that you would hear something like this again:

This is one of the worst stories I've ever read. They literally gave an loaded gun to a 5 year old boy and leave him alone with his little sister.

Like, what? The parents should be in jail.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the worst stories I've ever read. They literally gave an loaded gun to a 5 year old boy and leave him alone with his little sister.

Like, what? The parents should be in jail.
My 2 year old nephew just "discovered" guns cause his dad played COD in front of him. Now anything that's shaped like a gun in the house he grabs it and goes "pew pew pew" and shoots at people in the house.

I can without a doubt imagine that if my brother kept a gun in the house and it was stored carelessly someone would've been shot by now. Most likely my nephew. Feels bad man..

As for that story, why the hell would you introduce a firearm to someone too young to process exactly what it is and the danger it brings is beyond me.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw it pointed out on Twitter, but there was absolutely nothing "accidental" about this. The shooting was entirely intentional.

Exactly!
Those quotes are straight from a dystopia "announce yourself when getting up to drink water in the middle of the house"...it's insane! "I had an angel protecting me"...your mother shot you with a gun!

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
Since I saw this story, I just picture the mom sitting in a chair facing the door with a gun in hand, waiting to shoot whatever came in.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing in the US sordid love affair with the gun can be explained through the lens of intelligence...it is a classic case of fetishization of individual rights, along with vast gulf between the perception and reality of threats in many parts of the country. A form of social insanity

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She kept her family safe.

Wait.

Imagine being a gun toting conservative and strapping on some Kevlar before you take a shit because your crazy mom might come shooting.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is most certainly true in America. I can count on one hand the amount of people I've met in my life who have had a fire extinguisher in their home. Is there a country/place where this is common?
Huh? To be clear, I don't think we're talking about full-size fire extinguishers here (which of course most people won't have) but just like these little things, about the size of a pop bottle, that you usually find in a kitchen, right?

safe-flame-fighter-haujkyx.jpg

Are you thinking of the full-size fire extinguishers, or have you really never seen anyone with these in their homes either? Because both my parents and grandparents definitely have these around.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have a gun, be a stranger in your own home.

And its amazing how people are so quick to shoot. I mean I would think thrice before firing a gun pointed towards the sky.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh? To be clear, I don't think we're talking about full-size fire extinguishers here (which of course most people won't have) but just like these little things, about the size of a pop bottle, that you usually find in a kitchen, right?

safe-flame-fighter-haujkyx.jpg

Are you thinking of the full-size fire extinguishers, or have you really never seen anyone with these in their homes either? Because both my parents and grandparents definitely have these around.

I have two regular extinguishers inside the condo, and one more next to the front door.
One time my sister came over and did her best to burn the place down with a deep fryer.