• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly mom needs to hit the range if that was an actual burglar he could have still killed her, stolen all of her stuff, pooped on her couch and left. She might need some clay-mores to plant under the patio so intruders can be preemptively detonated saving her valuable ammunition

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't we just section the whole of America as the world's psych ward?

What a stupid situation...

Let's throw a surprise party, the surprise is no one outside of America would shoot you if this happened.

ps3ud0 8)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
"TO ALL PRESENT FAMILY MEMBERS AT 2 AM, I AM ANNOUNCING THE PROCEDURE OF GOING TO THE BATHROOM AND URINATING, PLEASE HOLSTER ALL FIREARMS"

UPDATE - URINATION HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO A POOP. PLEASE DO NOT BE ALARMED BY ANY SUDDEN PLOPS. I REPEAT - POSSIBLE PLOP WARNING

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Are there any stats on people who have guns actually being safer in these less than ideal areas?

I've lived in some sketchy places and I can't imagine having a gun making me safer in those times, if anything I imagine it'd increase my risk of doing something stupid like the mother this thread is based on.
I know you're joking but it's pretty stupid to lump violent and property crime together. I mean getting shot is somewhat worse than someone stealing my bike.

I added an /s.
The thought of "announcing yourself to go to the restroom is nuts. Did she even have time to announce herself? The whole incident is sad and bizarre.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I added an /s.
The thought of "announcing yourself to go to the restroom is nuts. Did she even have time to announce herself? The whole incident is sad and bizarre.

Oh I got the sarcasm, but am genuinely curious if there's anything to back up the idea of owning a gun making you less likely to be the victim of crime in your home in an area that's below the average safety value, in my mind it really would work the other way and increase your risk of incident.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Victim Blaming
The gun is tangential to the story - that was a flat out stupid thing for the daughter to do.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
mom at home like

tenor.gif

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
If she had a gun, her daughter could have shot the bullet mid air!!!!!!
Hey, I already made that joke.
You know what this means, we need to settle this dispute the only way it can be in a civilized country: A duel to the death, at high noon in front of the Saloon.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Again we throw parents in jail for leaving their kids in a hot car

But a parent shooting their child by accident?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
American gun owners are without a doubt the most jumpy and paranoid people on the planet.

The fearmongering about 'home-invaders' that you should be ready for at all times really seeps into people's brains. That's no fucking way to live, being scared shitless for every shadow or unexplained noise. That kind of hypervigilism is bordering on mental illness.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they're not expecting you — announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you're getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night," Norman said.

Oh fuck you. Maybe if gun owners weren't paranoid, skittish and trigger happy they wouldn't need to shoot someone getting up at night for a drink.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
"If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they're not expecting you — announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you're getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night," Norman said.

fuck outta here. get rid of the gun.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
That mom was obviously playing too much CoD, gotta be stricter with video games to prevent this.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gun is tangential to the story - that was a flat out stupid thing for the daughter to do.
Don't see how you can make those statements simultaneously. As either way, even if you want to call the daughter's actions stupid for some reason, they would only be stupid because a certain someone was armed with a gun (as even say keeping the paranoia but replacing the gun with a knife it's much less likely for things to have ended the same way due to needing to get close and being able to tell who it was at that point). Either way, the gun was anything but a tangent to this story.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't want to be surprised in your home by people entering, just lock the door.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That last quote is pathetic. Do they think other countries have their police recommend people announce they are getting a glass of water to not get stabbed by their parents?

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahahahaa. Fucking fix yourself, America.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
The daughter "I really shouldn't have gotten in front of her bullets. That's on me."

Can't wait for that mother's 50th bday surprise party.

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, placing the emphasis of blame on the person getting a fucking drink of water to not get shot is definitely the sensible and logical option, you goddamn fuckwit.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Ahahahaa. Fucking fix yourself, America.

lmao so at 2am: "Just so everyone knows it's just me! I'm just getting a glass of water please don't shoot!"

Oct 26, 2017
This just goes to show why guns carried by teachers in schools is an awful idea. Innocent people are going to get shot for being perceived as a threat.

If only there was an obvious solution to prevent people from being shot by guns.