• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wow, not much of a following for this show on Era, huh? The writing is all over the place but Faris and Janney are a delight. Sad that Faris is walking away.
Yeah, it's a multicam sitcom on CBS about middle-aged women. So not exactly a demographic that fits here. Lol.

As for me, I'm not going to watch this show now. I know Anna Faris was having less and less screen time as every new character kept getting added, making it more of an ensemble show now, but I mainly did watch this show for her. If Christy got a proper send-off, then that would've been fine, and maybe I would've stuck around until halfway through, but I just can't care enough now.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
They're... they're even doing intros in the beginning? I don't even recognize this show anymore!

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
How is it? From the synopsis it actually doesn't sound like an eventful episode. Does Anna Faris show up at all? There was no indication she would.
You're right and Anna didn't show. It was clear that they were expecting another season until the cancellation forced them to do a cleaner ending.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
You're right and Anna didn't show. It was clear that they were expecting another season until the cancellation forced them to do a cleaner ending.
Oof. Well that sucks. At least the show ended with no cliffhangers. It's still so remarkable how different this show is now compared to when it started.

Also, hopefully we'll find out what happened with Anna Faris and why she quit the show so abruptly. Even the TV Line interview with one of the co-creators sidestepped a question of whether or not Faris was available for the series finale.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
This definitely felt like an episode that was edited and redone to try to serve as a series finale. It wasn't satisfying at all and didn't even feel like it was truly meant to even end the season. And did I hear wrong or does it also end with
Adam having discovered he has cancer.

Not too great but the season was good overall and they seemed to do their best to tie everything up.