• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
The Walking Dead Season 1 ending. That was painful.
Yeah, though I have to say that the ending of season two also made me cry. I picked the ending in which...
...Kenny leaves Clem at that settlement. Kenny has his flaws, and I couldn't stand him in season one, but I was genuinely happy to see him return season two, and I think this ending makes a lot of sense for his character

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
The ending of FFX had me tearing up. And that post-credits scene had me curious about what it meant:
3-berightback_(22).jpg
But the "good" ending of FFX-2 had me crying buckets for going back to that post credits scene and explaining it. It was like... I'd been here before but never realized! It was a beautiful way to tie the two games together.

ishimoto

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Celeste, on multiple occasions.

The gondola ride.

This line - "I could pull us all the way down to the center of the earth"

The final chase sequence.

The level up.

Whole game felt like the devs made it specifically to call me out personally for my bullshit.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
The ending of FFX had me tearing up. And that post-credits scene had me curious about what it meant:
3-berightback_(22).jpg
But the "good" ending of FFX-2 had me crying buckets for going back to that post credits scene and explaining it. It was like... I'd been here before but never realized! It was a beautiful way to tie the two games together.
FFX's ending is very, very good. It's not my favorite Final Fantasy but it's probably my favorite FF ending.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Top 2 cry moments in the spoiler: (never cried but came very close)

Reasons:
  • The Mass Effect lore and "method" is in the high seat for this particular emotional moment.
  • I lost my dad to cancer, and this scene perfectly captures the moment when someone you love is drawing their last breaths, surrounded by loved ones, even if it's just Kolyat and potentially your Shepard.
  • It was foreshadowed from the moment you met Thane that he would die of his own illness, and not something heroic. The more you managed to keep him alive the more you remind yourself that he passed his chance to die in a blaze of glory.
  • The death ties directly into the emotional crux of the character, which is his loyalty mission where you find out who his family is and what life he abandoned.

Reasons:
  • The music is cathartic, serene, strange and embodies the mood of the game as it closes.
  • The castle is the game. The game ends by ending itself as you see the castle crumbling into the ocean, and zooms away from the main character as he makes his escape.
  • You get a trophy "Emancipation" in the PS3 collection, that encapsulates what this was about. I get a very social message from this. You're a boy who was born with horns and people around him won't accept that; they call it a curse and cast him out from society. You escape your prison of oppression and emancipate change that even someone with odd traits can live in the outside world.
  • This moment was accomplished by a friendship. You saved the girl Yorda to take her hand and help her through every room in the castle. The whole game was spent holding R1 to make sure you both got across. Her final choice is to hold you and save your life.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crisis Core FFVII.

What they did with the DMW was cruel and genius. That ending broke me in ways I never expected a PSP prequel about an otherwise minor character ever could.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Probably alone in this, but I got misty-eyed at the end of Super Mario Galaxy. Not because the game was sad, but because it made me appreciate for the first time in years why I played video games—pure fun and escapism.

Other than that, never have.

I completely understand feeling this way. I think I've had similar moments at the end of favorite 3D Mario games. And I remember tearing up a bit at the beautiful story between Rosalina and the Baby Luma.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Other ones that come to mind for me:

-Both Ori games
-Ghost Trick
-Tippi and Count Bleck in Super Paper Mario
-The end of Paper Mario: Color Splash

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Witcher 3. The Door Scene. Best scene in the whole game and not a word spoken in it. Fantastically executed.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
For me it was Wind Waker when I beat the game. It was so charming and beautiful that of it got me in the feels.

The big one though...The game that actually made me CRY from the emotional rollercoaster it took me on, was the Last of Us. When those credits rolled I felt my eyes welling up with tears. I was legitimately choked up and really confused about what was happening to me in the moment. I eventually started laughing while tears were streaming down my face because I couldn't believe I was fucking crying from a game. crazytown.. 😂

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
When Max and Chloe read each other's letters from the time capsule.