DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
What are moments in media where a character does something that the narrative paints as bad but they are actually in the right?
One example for me is George roasting his mom from George Lopez. Benny has been a horrible abusive mother and even in adulthood, she treats George poorly. So one time, George decides to get back at her

People in the show and the episode act like he was wrong but the thing is, Benny has been way worse, so George has every right to get some payback

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to say the same for Seinfeld lol.

So many times I relate to George and the feeling the world is against him.

Now as much as I admit George is right sometimes and relate to him a lot, he's also a pretty horrible person along with the rest of the cast. Seinfeld is definitely a bad example of this, because there's very few times any of them are doing anything right by normal standards.

Larry David in Curb I can kinda see, but even he does some pretty shitty things as well lol

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
cyclops.jpg

No matter how much Marvel the Avengers wanted him to be wrong, Cyclops was right. No one would care about Mutants if he didn't.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Now as much as I admit George is right sometimes and relate to him a lot, he's also a pretty horrible person along with the rest of the cast. Seinfeld is definitely a bad example of this, because there's very few times any of them are doing anything right by normal standards.

Larry David in Curb I can kinda see, but even he does some pretty shitty things as well lol

Off the top of my head, there's the 10 Step episode where George is trying to get his apology, but keeps getting dunked on throughout the episode. I was on his side the whole way.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aquamarine villain. Like yea he's a dick but straight up countries routinely go to war for less.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wracking my brain about this one.

The thing with Larry and George isnt that they're right, it's that they're righteous. It's their inability to comprehend how others could think they're wrong, that gets them in trouble.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
It's been a loooooong time since I watched the episode and even the show, but didn't the Bendy episode of Foster's Home have this? Where the main cast, whom Bendy's been torturing and abusing the entire episode, try to get him in trouble, they're the ones who look bad to everyone else in the mansion.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Superman killing Joker in Injustice. Sure what he did later is wrong, but that moment is not.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
It's been a loooooong time since I watched the episode and even the show, but didn't the Bendy episode of Foster's Home have this? Where the main cast, whom Bendy's been torturing and abusing the entire episode, try to get him in trouble, they're the ones who look bad to everyone else in the mansion.
Yes it was exactly that, everyone agrees that episode sucked

Superman killing Joker in Injustice. Sure what he did later is wrong, but that moment is not.

Also adding to this is the prequel comic acting as if Superman killing the Parademons and saving millions of people (alongside some heroes) was wrong, something even Batman uses to say that he is continuing to cross the line, it's so stupid since no one has ever given a fuck about Parademons

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cyclops.jpg

No matter how much Marvel the Avengers wanted him to be wrong, Cyclops was right. No one would care about Mutants if he didn't.
Shout out to the Secret Wars timeskip, where Cyclops died a horrible villain who made Mutant/Human relations worse for everyone.

cyclops-right-02.jpg

Then it turns out he just blew up the Inhuman fart gas cloud that was poisoning and sterilizing all of Mutantkind. The only defense offered in the inevitable and inevitably awful Inhumans vs. X-Men is when Medusa insists the X-Men should have just asked her nicely to turn it off and she would no sweat.

Nobody hates the X-Men worse than Marvel writers.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
What are moments in media where a character does something that the narrative paints as bad but they are actually in the right?
One example for me is George roasting his mom from George Lopez. Benny has been a horrible abusive mother and even in adulthood, she treats George poorly. So one time, George decides to get back at her

People in the show and the episode act like he was wrong but the thing is, Benny has been way worse, so George has every right to get some payback

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Arthur.

No, not for that scene. He shouldn't had hit her for that.

I'm talking about the time when he got pressured by everyone to beat the Brain on checkers. When he melts down from the pressure, everyone acts scaree as if it was his idea and he should have been grateful for the challenge.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Most of John Cena's opponents.

Nah, both were in the wrong, moreso Joel.

In the last of us universe, there is not a single man made creation post outbreak day that isn't made of wood. Everything else is scavenged from pre outbreak day stuff that somehow still works. Creation, mass production and distribution of a vaccine/cure is beyond human capability in the universe. They were going to murder that girl without telling her for nothing. Not to mention Joel asked them nicely not to do it first before they said "if you don't leave, we will kill you".

#JoelDidNothingWrong.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that Tucker got chewed out by Archer because he tried to fight for gender rights.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
One might say that Vision had a point in Infinity War when he said to just destroy him and his stone together before Thanos even came close to finding him. Cap objected and said it was wrong to willingly trade lives for any reason.

While I understand Cap's sentiment, when half the lives in the entire universe are on the balance, you'd think that trading one life for a surefire way to stop Thanos would take priority, regardless of the value of that life.

The only reason Cap's idealism didn't ultimately doom everyone was because Stark just happened to come up with time travel.

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I don't agree with all his methods, but Killmonger had some points, that's all I'm gonna say

(though this may perfectly fit the thread, since you could argue that the movie already framed it this way).

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
He is full of shit though. He's a monster masquerading as a force for change. Him shooting his girlfriend should have told everyone what kind of piece of shit he is.
This is the most glaring flaw with the movie. Yes, he's a piece of shit who shot his girlfriend EXCEPT none of the characters actually learn this. All of his actions that paint him as a villain are unknown to the good guys except for burning the garden of the heart shaped fruit.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Hermione in Harry Potter (fuck JKR) about the elf slavery. She keeps trying to abolish the elf slavery but everyone makes fun of her for being naggy and keep asserting that the elves like the slavery.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
This is the most glaring flaw with the movie. Yes, he's a piece of shit who shot his girlfriend EXCEPT none of the characters actually learn this. All of his actions that paint him as a villain are unknown to the good guys except for burning the garden of the heart shaped fruit.

It feels like a purposeful decision to me to demonstrate that the good guys/super heroes have this almost supernatural instinctive read on the villains so they don't have to see that shit to know, it's just for our benefit

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City

Where he also murdered in cold blood an innocent woman. I feel like people who say killmonger was right never paid attention to Nakia who was the one actually in the right.

It feels like a purposeful decision to me to demonstrate that the good guys/super heroes have this almost supernatural instinctive read on the villains so they don't have to see that shit to know, it's just for our benefit

They had the profile on killmonger by way of Ross and Shuri.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Most of John Cena's opponents.
I think the peak of this was Ryback of all wrestlers.
Whose so called heel turn on Cena was prompted by the fact that when Cena would get mugged by the shield, Ryback and others would be there to try and bail him out, meanwhile everyone else gets mugged by the shield and Cena just sits in the back and wouldn't lift a finger.

Then of course lol Cena wins and all, but still, it was Ryback so we all let this one slide.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I think the peak of this was Ryback of all wrestlers.
Whose so called heel turn on Cena was prompted by the fact that when Cena would get mugged by the shield, Ryback and others would be there to try and bail him out, meanwhile everyone else gets mugged by the shield and Cena just sits in the back and wouldn't lift a finger.

Then of course lol Cena wins and all, but still, it was Ryback so we all let this one slide.

Then there was that period where Ryback was standing up to bowlies and Vince, Steph and HHH were all treating Vicki like garbage non stop. Ryback tells her she's a good person and doesn't deserve to be treated that way and gives a hug.

What a heel.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Starfleet and the "evil" Admiral in Star Trek: Insurrection. The Ba'ku were warp capable and were willfully living without tech, they weren't subject to "protection" via the prime directive.

They were basically the cult from the DS9 episode Paradise.