• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
Camelot's been exclusive to Nintendo ever since they separated from Sega.
That's incorrect. Camelot had a failed golf mmo game collaboration with Yahoo that turned into We Love Golf! for Wii published by Capcom. Camelot did (or still does, haven't been checking their social media) plenty of minor mobile system and app development for others.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know what Honne's been up to, but it's possible he has a role in Production 2's original project. Despite Kyoto's role in AC New Horizons, Honne was not listed in the credits.

Interestingly, Tadashi Nomura (Producer of the first 2 Xenoblade games) hasn't been credited since Xenoblade X. He's the only Monolith Soft executive who hasn't yet been credited for a single Switch game. He might also play a large role in the project. Nomura is the director of the newly opened Osaki studio.
What about the Project X Zone team? Apparently they've been dissolved and absorbed into other projects?

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
New artwork from Monolith's website (source):

mv15.jpg

Reminds me of Soma Bringer art.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what Honne's been up to, but it's possible he has a role in Production 2's original project. Despite Kyoto's role in AC New Horizons, Honne was not listed in the credits.

Interestingly, Tadashi Nomura (Producer of the first 2 Xenoblade games) hasn't been credited since Xenoblade X. He's the only Monolith Soft executive who hasn't yet been credited for a single Switch game. He might also play a large role in the project. Nomura is the director of the newly opened Osaki studio.
Honne left the Kyoto studio a year or two ago iirc. Stated as such in a blog.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Interesting. Kyoto was always his too look over? Damn more than ever I believe they have a new IP. He moved over to Tokyo to look over it.

I was hoping we'd here about it this year since it's been teased for so long but with the whole pandemic it's probably going to be next year it gets revealed.

New artwork from Monolith's website (source):

mv15.jpg

I love Xenoblade but man... Shulk has such a terrible character design. I could live with the sleeveless jacket andoverly detailed shorts but what the fuck are those kneepads? What's going on with the top of his shoes?

This is a trope of Japanese character design I have always disliked.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading Honne's blog. He stated on February 19, 2018 he was leaving at the end of the month to go back to Tokyo for work, BUT on November 2, 2018 he put that he was taking over Director duty at the Kyoto studio. So he left for like 9 months and came back it appears all in 2018.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I'm reading Honne's blog. He stated on February 19, 2018 he was leaving at the end of the month to go back to Tokyo for work, BUT on November 2, 2018 he put that he was taking over Director duty at the Kyoto studio. So he left for like 9 months and came back it appears all in 2018.
Oh so he's still there?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of funny Honne put out his interview in February 2018 that he wanted Kyoto to make new games themselves

He did the post of wanting Baten Kaitos 3 and it pains him when fans ask for it. You can tell how much he loves it. This was September of 2018. Lots of stuff happening in 2018 from him...

I noticed he LOVES playing cards. He's so much into it. It explains how he made Baten Kaitos lol. If he makes a game again I bet it will be a spiritual succ to Baten Kaitos

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Kind of funny Honne put out his interview in February 2018 that he wanted Kyoto to make new games themselves

He did the post of wanting Baten Kaitos 3 and it pains him when fans ask for it. You can tell how much he loves it. This was September of 2018. Lots of stuff happening in 2018 from him...

I noticed he LOVES playing cards. He's so much into it. It explains how he made Baten Kaitos lol. If he makes a game again I bet it will be a spiritual succ to Baten Kaitos
Developed exclusively for The Succ
Succ launch title confirmed

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any reason to still think that art was suggestive of a new game instead of just generic art used to recruit people for BotW2.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to still think that art was suggestive of a new game instead of just generic art used to recruit people for BotW2.
BotW2 has it's own dedicated page, just like the medieval game. they're both still on the main page even. usually their hiring ads don't get specific pages, but are part of their recruitment page

www.monolithsoft.co.jp

急募アクションゲーム開発経験者スタッフ積極採用中!|採用情報|株式会社モノリスソフト

モノリスソフトのブランドイメージとは異なる意欲的なプロジェクト。アクションゲーム開発経験者を募集しております。
www.monolithsoft.co.jp

「ゼルダの伝説」シリーズ開発スタッフ大募集! | RECRUIT | モノリスソフト

現在モノリスソフトが募集中の採用情報をご案内します。

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Updated summary:
From Takahashi interview
>Production 1 doing both DE and New games
>FC are 10-12 hours up to 20
>It can be longer if done as paid DLC but need more people BUT it will impact the new games production.

ryokutya2089.com

Switch【ゼノブレイドDE】『つながる未来』のボリューム感は10~12時間 | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

ファミ通最新号より 高橋哲哉インタビュー 第一プロダクションはDE、新タイトル、両方に関わるスタッフの三つに分けて編成していた。 キャラクターグラフィックはオリジナル版の心残りだったが強化している。 リマスターゆえ楽曲すべてをオーケストラで再収録はできない。アレンジやクオリティーアップをしている。 データ圧縮を2より緩和し音質は向上。 「つながる未来」 最初からプレイできる。 自分がプレイして10~12時間のボリューム感。脇の遊びも含めると20時間前後。 有料DLCならもっとボリュームアップできるがリソースを割きすぎると新タイトルに影響がでる。...

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
From Xenosaga

Takahashi said on famitsu interview regarding Future connected playtime

-Personally it took him around 10~12 hours to finish Future connected, it will be around 20 hours if you do all the side stuff.
It could have been bigger if it was made as paid DLC, but spending too much resources on this would have impacted the development of the new game.

Regarding game's development

-Currently the First Production Studio is divided into 3 teams: Team that makes Xenoblade DE, team that makes the new game, and team that is invovled in both games.
-In terms of character visuals, it was something that was regrettable in the original game so they improved it this time
-Since this game is a remaster, you can't re-arrange every songs in orchestra. So some songs just got rearrangement or improvement in quality
-The Data compression is better than Xenoblade 2, so the sound quality has increased.

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/31670

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man gonna get a chance to play new Monolithsoft material soon with Future Connected. Getting excited!!!

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
isn't group 2 doing botw and other nintendo project assets?
All that's confirmed about Group 2 is that they seem to be working on a Zelda project (probably assisting on development of Breath of the Wild 2).

Production Division 1 (Takahashi/RPG) and Production Division 2 (Zelda) are both part of Monolith Tokyo. The studio that primarily assists in asset/art production for Nintendo projects is Monolith Kyoto.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if there is a new IP we won't get the confirmation until we see it revealed. I don't think we'll get Takahashi saying "yeah we're also working on a new IP" in an interview

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally we can definitively stop this "but what if the supposed new IP is just botw2" speculation.

Umm... we still don't know whether they are working on a new IP or not. That was a mistranslation. Takahashi mentioned a new project which, for all we know, could be Xenoblade 3.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna be happy we far confirmation they're working on a new game. I don't if its a new Xeno or a new IP, just give it to me!

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
bought Famitsu
>DE planing start right after the sales of XC2 (2017)
>Also at the same time they planing for new game.
>Did a presentation(to Nintendo) together with DE (May 2018)
>So they seemingly doing 3 games at the same time with Torna development (1.Torna 2.DE 3.New game)
>DE&New game production officially starts after Torna gone gold (August 2018)

edit: add some detail

Last edited:

Malvingt2

Oct 25, 2017
Chattanooga, TN
bought Famitsu
>Also at the same time they planing for new games.
>So they seemingly doing 3 games at the same time with Torna development (1.Torna 2.DE 3.New games)
>DE production starts after Torna gone gold (August 2018)

Crazy and they are still hiring more people.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bought Famitsu
>Also at the same time they planing for new games.
>So they seemingly doing 3 games at the same time with Torna development (1.Torna 2.DE 3.New games)
"New games"? So it's plural, right

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
bought Famitsu
>So they seemingly doing 3 games at the same time with Torna development (1.Torna 2.DE 3.New game)

Thanks for the info! We should break this out into a new thread. Some cool points of discussion here.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
This is good stuff! I didn't realize they were so big to work on multiple projects. Don't care if their next game is XB or not, I will be there day one. They've earned my trust.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
bought Famitsu

Thank you for translating. Sounds like they have been very busy.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So if Torna, DE and the new game(either X2, 3 or new IP) is group 1, what group 2 was doing after BotW launched? Or is group 2 new and before 2018 everything was the same group?

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
So Xenoblade DE took an year and a half? That's not much, it seems that the new game really has a lot of manpower behind it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I was hoping we'd here about it this year since it's been teased for so long but with the whole pandemic it's probably going to be next year it gets revealed.

I love Xenoblade but man... Shulk has such a terrible character design. I could live with the sleeveless jacket andoverly detailed shorts but what the fuck are those kneepads? What's going on with the top of his shoes?

This is a trope of Japanese character design I have always disliked.
His future connected outfit is pure style

I think that proposing a Xeno 1 remaster/remake would have been pretty "easy".

-Update the game to more modern standards (visuals, qol changes etc) without a massive budget
-Epilogue to tease a potential 3rd game or just tie 1+2 together anyway.
-Recognisable character from Smash, if a newcomer enjoys this game then they are more likely to give XC2 a shot and subsequently Torna as a result; continuous flow of sales

At least that's what I thought of in 2 minutes lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
bought Famitsu
XC2 is still not going to get the recognition from the XC1 people.