• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So why did it get figurines and two collaborations in FFBE? Also... not to mention the 20th anniversary concert years ago was huge. Sure, they might not give a crap about remaking it but they clearly STILL have it in their mind.
Those random licensing things have little to do with giving a damn about _the game_ as a product itself.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I think Square Enix deeply cares about Xenogears as a game and as a brand. They care so much that they are aware any remake can only disappoint the fans of the original. So they are waiting for the last living Xenogears fan who played the original to pass into the great beyond before they begin a remake project.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
sucks to be them, players who made -contact- with xenogears are just gonna keep reincarnating so they'll never truly be dead

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the time to look it over right now but thought I should bump you all because the monolith soft site has been revamped! I don't think there is much new there but it would be great for someone to look through

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I don't have the time to look it over right now but thought I should bump you all because the monolith soft site has been revamped! I don't think there is much new there but it would be great for someone to look through
one thing interesting of note is the removal of the production team 1 hiring page, I'm thinking we'll see the "permanent" monolith soft character artist pop up with the next xenoblade

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Possibly one of the best track ever made, so he sure as hell needs to listen to it even to this day.
I do, at least

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this thread just immediately died after Xenoblade 3 was announced lol, but I wanted to bump it to point out that they've now added Splatoon 3 to their list of games that they worked on:

www.monolithsoft.co.jp

GAMES|モノリスソフト

モノリスソフトの開発実績をご紹介します。