• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
*This thread is inspired by Luxin's video.

Ever since Monolith Soft became a first-party development studio, the company not only produced several high-quality games of their own, they also contributed to many of Nintendo's largest IPs over the last decade. Their software output has been nothing short of amazing.

Below is a list of all the games they developed in-house or assisted since being acquired by Nintendo in 2007:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Soma Bringer

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED

Xenoblade Chronicles

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Project X Zone

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Pikmin 3

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Splatoon

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Project X Zone 2

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Splatoon 2

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country

To view their full catalogue, take a look at their website here (in Japanese)!

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
The first Xenoblade Chronicles will always be their crowning achievement, for me at least.

That game excelled in all aspects and is among the best JRPGs ever made.

Wish they could recapture that magic again~~~

Last edited:

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
eh, loads of Japanese studios do assistance on tons of games.

seems as tough Nintendo hasn't used Asian studios for outsourcing

Oct 25, 2017
While their games were likely not deemed successes until XC2, their assistance on so many products has likely made them well worth keeping around.
Hope they keep improving their own output, XC1 is probably the most well rounded game but XCX and XC2 are very impressive in their own right

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we're getting XBX2, the first one was so damn addicting

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
While their games were likely not deemed successes until XC2, their assistance on so many products has likely made them well worth keeping around.
Hope they keep improving their own output, XC1 is probably the most well rounded game but XCX and XC2 are very impressive in their own right

The original Xenoblade certainly was viewed as a success as claimed by the late Iwata. Not sure about Xenoblade X, but I doubt Nintendo thought it was a failure.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
They are my favorite NIntendo first party dev and I hope they continue. Xenoblade 2 was easily my favorite JRPG I played in 2017.

TongPoo

Jul 14, 2018
They have also helped with map design for Splatoon & Splatoon 2, and the most recently, Octo Expansion. Quite impressive for multiple assistance job at the same time.