• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this on Twitter and had to share. Ok I really didn't HAVE to, but I want to.

6fxANwJ.jpg

Monopoly, one of the most biting platforms for satire, recently (?) released a millennial themed version of the board game everyone wants to play but never finish (no, not Risk). Wanna have fun with friends in-between bites of your avocado toast? Look no further!

From Hasbro:
Money doesn't always buy a great time, but experiences, whether they're good -- or weird -- last forever. The Monopoly for Millennials game celebrates just that. Instead of collecting as much cash as possible, players are challenged to rack up the most Experiences to win. Travel around the gameboard discovering and visiting cool places to eat, shop, and relax. Interact with other players via Chance and Community Chest cards, (which are super relatable). And players don't pay rent -- they visit one another, earning more Experience points. This board game is a great way to bring a fun and relaxed vibe to a party or casual get-together.

The Hasbro, Hasbro Gaming, Parker Brothers, and Monopoly names and logos, the distinctive design of the gameboard, the four corner squares, the Mr. Monopoly name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment.

• MONOPOLY FOR MILLENNIALS GAME: Adulting is hard; take a break from the rat race with this edition of the Monopoly game
  • PARTY BOARD GAME: This Monopoly game is a great choice for Millennials who need a break from the life of adulting; great for parties and get-togethers
  • CHOOSE COOL PLACES AND DESTINATIONS: Collect Experience points by visiting the hottest Destinations -- from your Friend's Couch, to the Vegan Bistro, to a Week-Long Meditation Retreat
  • SET THE TREND: Collect money from players who visit the Destinations you discovered first
  • IT'S ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE: In this version of the Monopoly game, the player who collects the most Experience -- not the most money -- wins the game

8pzwpye.jpg

2tMyCTk.jpg

Anyone play it yet? Or Monopoly in general in the past decade? Could Uno for Millennials work?

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, the 'to go' cup did make me chuckle.

It's Monopoly though, I don't care how they dress this edition up, a game of Monpoly will tear apart friends and family who play it.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao this is awesome. I would honestly buy this. Like you take this out in 20 years for a party and everyone is going to have a blast.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'll give you 10 dollars if you let me crash at your parents basement

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if parent's basement and friend's couch are unintentionally grim or if there's a bit of commentary snuck in there

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like half the people who worked on this were very self-aware about how stupid this is (he's wearing a participation medal for crying out loud) and the other half of the people were very earnest in thinking that this is actually something people want.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
a feeble attempt to ward off millennials from MURDERING monopoly

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You said its a real game that exists. Is that true? I don't see it on Amazon or HasbroGaming.com ?

I'd buy it, but it looks like an april fools joke or some fanmade thing

or have millennials already killed it

Oct 25, 2017
Real Millennial Monopoly is like real Monopoly but all the squares have already been bought by a non-player entity and you are just paying money to it repeatedly as you land on its squares and you will never buy anything of your own.

There is 1 chance card that says you win the lottery and then you win the game. But only 1 card, the rest will screw you.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Seeming as Monopoly was invented as an indictment of landlords and the rent economy, this is just Monopoly staying on brand, I guess?

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Monopoly was born to satirize the inefficiency of capitalism. So at least this version is closer to the original intent than any othrer.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: Why is this only on Walmart's website, why is this not listed on Amazon or Hasbro's official website???

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to till the last millennial is over 35 and we can all stop being advertised to in popular cultural. Hurry up late 90s kids!