• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So happy about this. Grabbing it on PS4 today. Hasn't been this cheap ever.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Nice. Liked the Switch demo and have been waiting for a good discount ever since.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Ah I've got Wonder Boy in Monster Land just yesterday.
Can't wait to get this one on Switch too.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought it as I'd been waiting ages for a sale. Looking forward to finally jumping in.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I guess no more info on how "soon" is this gonna drop for Switch I assume... Almost pulled the trigger on PS4 sale, but I already have Inside to start tonight

Oct 27, 2017
Had a great time with this one on Switch. Excellent game! Excellent soundtrack too (minus the obnoxious music in the first stage that went way overboard with the trumpet). Plenty of gameplay variety, and looks great too!

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Always wanted to play this game,but waited a good deal,also want to play on Switch,but my joycon has drift problem so I don't know if I buy now and wait until I buy a new controller to play,or I just get the PS4 version :/

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Always wanted to play this game,but waited a good deal,also want to play on Switch,but my joycon has drift problem so I don't know if I buy now and wait until I buy a new controller to play,or I just get the PS4 version :/
Oh yeah that's important and I forgot, thank you for reminding me.

Can this game be played with the D pad? I plan on playing this mostly in my commutes and my left joycon is super drifted up

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just to be sure, this is the one Monster Boy game that didn't have a Switch retail release in Europe, right?

Not up to import something, so i think i'll bite on this offer. ^^

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Oh yeah that's important and I forgot, thank you for reminding me.

Can this game be played with the D pad? I plan on playing this mostly in my commutes and my left joycon is super drifted up

it can be controlled with the dpad. there is a mode to where you use a wheel to switch between your monster forms via analog stick, but you can switch it to the shoulders ala Mega Man.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Nice to see this getting a large discount. I was actually just checking to see whether it was discounted as part of any of the sales going on recently, and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't. Out of curiosity, are there any notable differences between the Switch and Xbox One version in terms of resolution and performance? I mostly play on Xbox One X, but I'm kind of tempted to buy this on Switch because of Switch's support for most Bluetooth controllers.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
it can be controlled with the dpad. there is a mode to where you use a wheel to switch between your monster forms via analog stick, but you can switch it to the shoulders ala Mega Man.
Perfect. A wheel shouldn't be an issue for my broken joycon, I used that config(move with D pad switch weapons with joycon) to play My Friend Pedro almost exclusively on portable mode and finished the game with plenty of S ranks :)

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
I've been waiting for a sale on this game for a while! Does anyone know how the Switch performance compares? Is it 1080p docked, or does it suffer any performance issues by comparison?

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Did this game ever come to PC? I remember really wanting to play it last year