• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 25, 2019
London
Grabbed it on Steam tonight after debating which platform to buy it on for several days and am really enjoying it. Just a delightful game. I hope it gets a little more Metroidvania-y later on. The pig's walking/running animation is hilarious.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
Finally grabbed the Switch version this morning; as I said before, I had a blast with the demo and I can't wait to play this

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly tempted to get this but the music in the first level really put me off. Is it that obnoxiously loud and in your face the entire game?

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought it on Steam. I'll play it right after I beat Salt and Sanctuary. Metroidvania is my favorite genre so I'm looking forward to this.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought it on Switch, I need to beat Final Fantasy XII before I start it though.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Cant decide between the Switch and the PC version. Tried the PC version and it supports ultrawide but portability on the switch.. hmmmmmmm!!! I'm stuck!

34D7624C3075F0D85F88F1C47CFA206ABB8A0454

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know there was a demo for PS4. Otherwise, i might have bought the game full price after trying the demo. Anyhow, tried the demo now, enjoyed it, bought the game and i'm having a great time with it so far. It's fun, fresh, colourful and well made.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Already bought this on Switch when it was $30, but I encourage anyone to go for the $20 deal if they're interested. It's an absolutely GORGEOUS game, with tight controls and a quality soundtrack.

Personally, my biggest hangup has been the Pig gameplay that's forced upon you early on. I'm not generally a fan of "transformations" so this game might not have been entirely up my alley but I could see many people enjoying it, especially those that are fans of Metroidvania-esque world structures.

That said, when I play the game, it feels less like Metroid or typical Metroidvania and more like Mega Man ZX. A series of "levels" that happen to have connecting points. Basically, it feels linear until it's not.

Cant decide between the Switch and the PC version. Tried the PC version and it supports ultrawide but portability on the switch.. hmmmmmmm!!! I'm stuck!
I can't speak for the PC version as I've put off further PC gaming until I pick up a new gaming laptop. The Switch version may lack "ultrawide" but it looks and runs fantastically, both docked and undocked.

Last edited:

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I have the same problem :D PC Version supports 4K but Switch is portable..
It sounds like the assets are designed for 1080p and that resolutions higher than 1080p (presumably also on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X) won't see any sort of improvement in sharpness, according to this post from a past thread:
Yes, it's 1080p and uses a method of scaling for larger resolutions (PC version: We plan to support 21:9).