• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
That was fantaastic time. Introduction of verticality was much more enjoyable than underwater combat from the previous games for me. I always thought mounting made things a little too easy back then but boy do I still love it that mechanic.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who loved world, would I still appreciate this game/generations on the switch? It seems like it is on sale all the time?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Still easily my favorite game in the series (haven't played Iceborne yet). It was great step up from 3rd at the time, and it was a blaaaast playing it on campus and using StreetPass. I really wish they'd have remastered this game or at least revisit some of those locations.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loved world, would I still appreciate this game/generations on the switch? It seems like it is on sale all the time?
The gameplay is super solid as always and there's a massive amount of content, but be prepared for everything other than that to be super clunky. The number of QoL improvements that World added can't be understated.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The game that got me into MH. Loved it, the abundance of content, and the quality of visuals made it hard to believe it was a 3DS game at times.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Absolute monster of a game. My entry to the series. Played it for more than 600 hours together with my girlfriend, and it was the reason we both bought a "New 3DS" back then. Damn good memories.

GagazetSK

Feb 18, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
First Monster Hunter game for myself as well. A group of us in the office I work at all bought it at launch, a couple guys even bought the special edition 3DS to play it on. Spent nearly 900 hours on that game, finished every quest right through to G3 and only had 1 or 2 G-Crown quests left to do (pretty sure it was at least just Fatalis remaining). So many great memories, like unlocking my HR and jumping from HR7 straight to HR86, learning a new weapon at G1, solo'ing a bunch of G3 quests and spending 10hrs straight trying to clear the key Gogmazios quest with another guy in the office (it was a very quiet day, we did not go home on time).

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Spent 300 hours on it and barely 30 on generations so that's saying something. A really good game, the 3D effect on the updated 3DS is pretty good as well.

May 9, 2019
Tri is my favorite MH but 4U was really the best one.

Only bad thing was the tedious apex system and those endless Gravios quests.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
It has more of a learning curve, but the fundamentals are still the same. The biggest thing to get used to is that you can't move while you use items and you can't cancel them by rolling, so it's very important to make sure you have an opening.

On the other hand, the monster selection blows World out of the water. You've got spiders, snakes, combiner insects, elephant-monkeys, land sharks, way more variety.