• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

What to expect from the demo ?

Local multi-player and single-player. There are three hunts available for you to choose from and each represent a different difficulty level (from beginner to veteran). Each hunt is 25 minutes btw.

EDIT : Online MP too !

Preset characters to fight against a neat little twist on the alpha raptor archetype (Great Maccao), one of the big fan favorite monsters that's appearing for the first time in the west in five years (Barioth), and a deeply humbling encounter with a dragon crossed with an F15 (Valstrax).

DG7HGyLUwAILBMA.jpg:large

DG7HTjmUwAMLpR0.jpg:large
DG7ImTUVoAED2AM.jpg:large

DG7I1J-VYAAATEg.jpg:large

DG7JXE2UQAAiQJ_.jpg:large

+ don't expect any tutorial in the demo, so if you need some info/help feel free to ask in the thread !

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Good luck to all the new hunters (as well as those that started with World) that attempt to take down Valstrax.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Very smart of them to have the demo. I don't need it myself, but hopefully it convinces people who haven't tried the series before to jump in.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool I've been wondering what all the text says that I've been clicking through.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with capcom. Why is the schedule for this game so bad. Like, you could have announced this a few weeks ago.

Edit: You coudlnt because you decided to release World for PC on the same month!!!! But that just shows how stupid was your schedule in the first place! Gaaahhh

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be my first Monster Hunter.

I know there are some videos I need to watch to get me into the series and this demo will supplement that.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to getting used to the controls on the Switch, and hopefully the demo gunner equipment sets will be decent enough.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Will this be a demo where the save file carries over to the real game?

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
As good as world is, it just isn't doing it for me like I thought it would, all the quality of life stuff makes it feel... bland? I don't know how to state it. I'm wondering if I'm just so used to old monhun that I'll actually enjoy this more.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How will we transfer our 3DS saves again? (To the final version)
I don't think they've said so yet, but there's a video somewhere on YouTube in Japanese detailing how to do it with MHX on 3DS to MHXX on Switch.

Previously, when moving a 3DS MH3U save to WiiU, it involved a specific app tool that was released on the 3DS eshop, that then uploaded your save and generated a code based on it, that you then enter on the new console to transfer your save.

I suspect it'll be something like that, there will be quite a few people doing so I imagine, if I see a guide when it appears I'll make a thread so people can bookmark it.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they've said so yet, but there's a video somewhere on YouTube in Japanese detailing how to do it with MHX on 3DS to MHXX on Switch.

Previously, when moving a 3DS MH3U save to WiiU, it involved a specific app tool that was released on the 3DS eshop, that then uploaded your save and generated a code based on it, that you then enter on the new console to transfer your save.

I suspect it'll be something like that.

Thanks! I ... I hope they will release that in the US.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, nice!! Looking forward to checking it out. I have MHW for my 1X, but am more intrigued to play a MH game on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I've been enjoying World on PC for the past few days, I really am looking forward to a meatier Monster Hunter again.

So excited.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Cool, looking forward to trying this out when I come back from work. Wonder if the demo will have limited uses/restrictions on play time or if it's just unlimited.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
As good as world is, it just isn't doing it for me like I thought it would, all the quality of life stuff makes it feel... bland? I don't know how to state it. I'm wondering if I'm just so used to old monhun that I'll actually enjoy this more.
I feel the same way. I put about 80 hours into World and I think I'm good for the foreseeable future. I'm actually even excited for this game.

That said, things like infinite wheatstones and not having to carry bug bets, etc. will be missed..

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

Ive only played a few hours but I feel I need a nerf on being able to move and drink potions. Improvements for nets, wetstones, not having to make potions, thats all cool

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Preset characters to fight against a neat little twist on the alpha raptor archetype, one of the big fan favorite monsters that's appearing for the first time in the west in five years, and a deeply humbling encounter with a dragon crossed with an F15.

Thanks, I'll add it to the OP. Is the demo online or not ?