- Oct 26, 2017
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Genre: Beat the shit out of monsters Hunting Action
Release Date: August 28, 2018
Price: US$59.99 (Amazon)
- G Rank: G Rank returns to Generations, and it's the G Rank you know and love. Monsters now hit like a prehistoric truck and will easily cart you if you're not prepared. But in return you get to craft the best weapons and armor in the game.
- 2 New Styles: Valor and Alchemy Styles are the new additions to GU, raising the total number of available styles to 6. Valor is a high risk, high reward style that takes away some moves from your weapon in normal mode. But when you charge up the Valor bar, you can gain back all your moves and unleash new, more powerful ones. Alchemy is a support style, where you gain an Alchemy Barrel to craft unique items in a hunt. These items can heal allies, damage monsters, and provide buffs to yourself and your allies.
- New & Returning Monsters: Valstrax is the new flagship Elder Dragon and the new boss of GU. But that's not all. The other Fated Four join Glavenus with their deviant subspecies, and so does Ceanataur, Malfestio, and new returning monster Diablos. Speaking of returning monsters, series favorites like Nerscylla, Barioth, and Barroth make their appearance in GU too.
- Armor Fusion (Glamoring): You can now fuse other armor parts with whatever armor you're wearing as cosmetics. Unlike World, you're not limited to a select few cosmetic sets. Instead, as long as you have the part, you can use it as a cosmetic armor. No more wearing ugly mixed sets just to get the best skills, but note that it'll fuse the other part into the target part so it'll be unavailable until you unfuse it.
- I've played Monster Hunter World...
Let me stop you before you say anything else and watch this informative video:
- Can I import my saves from Generations?
Yes, with the MHGU Save Transfer App on the 3DS. However, you cannot import saves from the Japanese MHX or MHXX.
- What are the key quests in GU?
Gaijinhunter to the rescue again:
HR Village Key Quests
G Rank Key Quests
- It looks kind of ugly/dated...
It's a HD port of a 3DS game, what did you expect.