Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate |OT| We have Jaggis!

Dec 8, 2017
OK, I just picked this up recently but haven't played MH in a long time so I'm going to have to relearn a lot. I'll probably stick to the charge blade for now since that's the gear I have on my MHG file. I believe I'm just entering high rank with a Tigrex CB and Los armor

Which styles are best or easiest to pickup for the CV? Are there any good tutorials for CB aside from gaijin hunter's YT vid?

Oct 30, 2017
Going between World and this game, I actually quite like how the Hub feels so simple compared to world. So far, my experience with gathering is also easier mainly due to how simple the visuals are where world is so dense. One thing I've wondered is why there really isn't a MH database within these games in particular the monsters you've already hunted, items they drop. Just the start feels a lot more diverse as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot we had this thread here lol, it doenst even show on my alerts anymore
I just reached G4 this week, ive been farming monsters on each G rank tier and doing a few random armors and weapons set.
So, how does one even use Valstrax unique skill, the one that only activates when you have the dragonblight, it seems useless (i still want to farm him just because)

So farming Deviants sucks eh?

I wanted the Dreadqueen Rathian set so I tried to solo her, which I did. Not a hard fight. She gave me enough materials on one hunt to make two pieces of armor. Making the whole set was easy. Each piece has a base defense of 30, which is way below the 80+ per piece I currently have from my Tigrex armor. No biggie, let me upgrade it.

Except in order to upgrade each piece to level 2, you need a Dreadqueen Ticket II. To get those, you need to beat a different quest. So I beat that too. Gave me two tickets which allowed me to upgrade two pieces to lvl 2, taking the defense from 30 to a whopping 34. And now I need Dreadqueen Ticket III in order to upgrade to lvl 3 which I get by obviously beating another different quest.

Just how much am I going to grind this thing until this armor becomes not useless?

Oct 25, 2017

Just how much am I going to grind this thing until this armor becomes not useless?
It's going to be a lot of quests. The Dreadqueen Soul skill unlocks at level 6 (for all pieces), and Dreadqueen Soul X at level 14.

The whole Deviant system is basically an endgame grind which goes a lot easier in a group.

Oct 25, 2017

I wanted the Dreadqueen Rathian set so I tried to solo her, which I did. Not a hard fight. She gave me enough materials on one hunt to make two pieces of armor. Making the whole set was easy. Each piece has a base defense of 30, which is way below the 80+ per piece I currently have from my Tigrex armor. No biggie, let me upgrade it.

Except in order to upgrade each piece to level 2, you need a Dreadqueen Ticket II. To get those, you need to beat a different quest. So I beat that too. Gave me two tickets which allowed me to upgrade two pieces to lvl 2, taking the defense from 30 to a whopping 34. And now I need Dreadqueen Ticket III in order to upgrade to lvl 3 which I get by obviously beating another different quest.

Well the skills on the armor don't even activate until level 6, so that's the minimum. Deviants suck for rewards in general. There are some good weapons, most of the armor is pretty bad in G rank and it's way too much effort to put in just to use it for high rank stuff at this point. They are my favorite fights overall, but they definitely missed on the reward for time put in ratio.

Jan 12, 2018
Yeah it’s kind of brutal. I managed to get up to Hellblade IV, I really want to hit VI for the armour skill though. Currently sitting at HR 7 so there’s probably better stuff I could be building for less effort.

I mean it looks cool at least!

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
Oh man... recently jumped back into the game and reached G rank (G2 right now, upgrading gear before gunning higher). This game remains surprisingly addicting. One of my favourite aspects will always be going back to monsters that originally gave me a hard time. Needed to farm Valtrax for a Red Dragonmind Stone. Not so tough now, are ya, red comet?

Except for you, Blangonga. God damn it, is that a frustrating enemy!

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
After beating the G4 urgent and unlocking Blodlust Diablo solo I felt that it not much left to do so I stopped playing.

But after a week I miss the combat! I played the whole game long sword adept and I did not get tired of it. I cannot understand how the combat can be so addicting!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
After beating the G4 urgent and unlocking Blodlust Diablo solo I felt that it not much left to do so I stopped playing.

But after a week I miss the combat! I played the whole game long sword adept and I did not get tired of it. I cannot understand how the combat can be so addicting!
I know! The gameplay itself is addictive. You might not even have an objective, but fighting by itself is so much fun you're fine doing it aimlessly. I guess it's why we see so many high ranked people helping lower ranked ones. They just want the thrill of the fight.

An update? This late? Weird. I know nothing. Hopefully it's good! Boost them FPS to 60!

One can dream, but it's probably some minor fix, though I don't remember hearing anything about bugs needing to be adressed.

Edit: Did you see the patch size?