• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Would you guys advice me to finish up the high rank hub quests before i begin with rank 10 village? If im not mistaken rank 10 is basically an epilogue/post game right? does the difficulty go up from rank 9 to rank 10 village? or is it about the same as usual?

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Would you guys advice me to finish up the high rank hub quests before i begin with rank 10 village? If im not mistaken rank 10 is basically an epilogue/post game right? does the difficulty go up from rank 9 to rank 10 village? or is it about the same as usual?
The difficulty in the 10 star Village is a definite step up from 9 star with a lot of useful equipment from the monsters there. Once you hit the final pack of "postgame" urgent boss monster quests (Nakarkos and friends), that'd be a good opportunity to level things up on the Hub side - maybe all the way to G rank.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Damn I need to find Stones to make bombs and after visiting LR volcano 3 times I only got one.
Usually I easily find them, I don't understand

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I need to find Stones to make bombs and after visiting LR volcano 3 times I only got one.
Usually I easily find them, I don't understand
If you just need Bomb Casings, they do occasionally show up as one of the items offered in the Trader's rotating stock. If you check back after every quest, you may be able to stock up on them in bulk.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
If you just need Bomb Casings, they do occasionally show up as one of the items offered in the Trader's rotating stock. If you check back after every quest, you may be able to stock up on them in bulk.

Ho didn't know that, I was hoping for something like this but I guess I didn't check at the right time.
Phew, awesome news, thank you !

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
The difficulty in the 10 star Village is a definite step up from 9 star with a lot of useful equipment from the monsters there. Once you hit the final pack of "postgame" urgent boss monster quests (Nakarkos and friends), that'd be a good opportunity to level things up on the Hub side - maybe all the way to G rank.
oh oke, so if i understand correctly rank 10 is gonna kick my ass even if i made it trough 9 with maybe 2 deaths? Is is harder than G rank or 6 advance Quest, or is it comparable to 6 advance?

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
oh oke, so if i understand correctly rank 10 is gonna kick my ass even if i made it trough 9 with maybe 2 deaths? Is is harder than G rank or 6 advance Quest, or is it comparable to 6 advance?
Village 10 is comparable to Village 6 in that it's divided into a couple of sections. The early quests aren't that much harder than Village 9 and should be feasible right now. But then there's a wall of tough Urgent quests in the middle, a lot of Advanced G rank level quests that won't be unlocked until you've hit G rank on the Hub side, and finally some really difficult challenge quests at the very end. You'll know when you hit those urgents because they'll arrive all at once, and that's a good sign that it's time to get your gear up-to-date and maybe clear out easier quests on the Hub side instead.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
What's the online community like this now? I am thinking of moving onto this after Dark Souls, or maybe alongside it. I've never really played a MH before so not sure how the co-op works even. Is it still easy to find players?

Is a good place to start in the game the Key Village quests highlighted in the OT YouTube link?

Last edited:

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Village 10 is comparable to Village 6 in that it's divided into a couple of sections. The early quests aren't that much harder than Village 9 and should be feasible right now. But then there's a wall of tough Urgent quests in the middle, a lot of Advanced G rank level quests that won't be unlocked until you've hit G rank on the Hub side, and finally some really difficult challenge quests at the very end. You'll know when you hit those urgents because they'll arrive all at once, and that's a good sign that it's time to get your gear up-to-date and maybe clear out easier quests on the Hub side instead.

tnx! any advice on when to start tackling the 6 advance quests? i already have most of my high rank gear, only thing missing is my headpiece and armpiece.

Deleted member 4198

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the online community like this now? I am thinking of moving onto this after Dark Souls, or maybe alongside it. I've never really played a MH before so not sure how the co-op works even. Is it still easy to find players?

Is a good place to start in the game the Key Village quests highlighted in the OT YouTube link?

Multiplayer works by making and finding rooms. There are a few parameters you can set in the room/search and you can name it too, like "key quests" or "turns" or targeting a specific monster. There's still a lot of rooms available when I play online.

Start with the Village quests, those are balanced around single player. Hub can be soloed but it's more difficult.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer works by making and finding rooms. There are a few parameters you can set in the room/search and you can name it too, like "key quests" or "turns" or targeting a specific monster. There's still a lot of rooms available when I play online.

Start with the Village quests, those are balanced around single player. Hub can be soloed but it's more difficult.

Thanks! :) Downloading the demo atm to try it out!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a guide to which Hub quests you need to do to trigger the urgent Rank raising quests?

I've been doing all the village quests but I dont think I cba doing all the hub quests also :/

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
So I just got to High Rank Village, using Sword and Shield. Any suggestions on what I should immediately start doing now that I'm here? Weapons/Armor to begin crafting?

Also, I've done literally no Hub quests, so I'm wondering if I should start grinding that out as well?

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
This Hapless Bodyguard quest with the 3 Rajang is a nightmare for me because i'm so bad at fighting them, the same with silver rathalos and gold rathian but i need so much rath gleam.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
So I just got to High Rank Village, using Sword and Shield. Any suggestions on what I should immediately start doing now that I'm here? Weapons/Armor to begin crafting?

Also, I've done literally no Hub quests, so I'm wondering if I should start grinding that out as well?

This Hapless Bodyguard quest with the 3 Rajang is a nightmare for me because i'm so bad at fighting them, the same with silver rathalos and gold rathian but i need so much rath gleam.

Feel free to join the discord in the OP - There will definitely be some people willing to grind with you / help you with some guild quests.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
question, im finally high rank (hr4) on the hub side, is it possible for me to join people who are playing 5 or 6 star hub missions?

I know that low rank cant join high rank missions, but im very curious if this is possible (hr4 joining on hr5 or 6 missions)

OP
OP

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
question, im finally high rank (hr4) on the hub side, is it possible for me to join people who are playing 5 or 6 star hub missions?

I know that low rank cant join high rank missions, but im very curious if this is possible (hr4 joining on hr5 or 6 missions)

You should be able to do anything other than HR 7+ I believe. Once you're in the rank you can do all missions outside of those that open up after the rank boss, like higher tier hypers and elders.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
You should be able to do anything other than HR 7+ I believe. Once you're in the rank you can do all missions outside of those that open up after the rank boss, like higher tier hypers and elders.
So i could do the HR6 mission of Glavenus so that i can start the special permit to be able to create the charred slicers now right?

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
So i could do the HR6 mission of Glavenus so that i can start the special permit to be able to create the charred slicers now right?
You could do regular high rank, 6 star Glavenus at HR4, yes. But the Special Permit Hellblade Glavenus is more difficult and has stricter HR requirements than usual, so you'll need to raise your HR to join those quests.

Hellblade Ⅰ to Ⅳ need HR6 and up
Hellblade Ⅴ to Ⅷ need HR7 and up
Hellblade Ⅸ and Ⅹ need HR8 and up

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to fight the DLC g rank Hyper Gammoth solo was a huge mistake, it's probably one of the 2 or 3 times i've ever ran out the clock since i've playing monster hunter period.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Trying to fight the DLC g rank Hyper Gammoth solo was a huge mistake, it's probably one of the 2 or 3 times i've ever ran out the clock since i've playing monster hunter period.
Yeah he has a boatload of HP and hits like a truck in the event. What weapon are you using? He's a guy that definitely melts faster with Pierce bowgun than just about any other weapon.

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he has a boatload of HP and hits like a truck in the event. What weapon are you using? He's a guy that definitely melts faster with Pierce bowgun than just about any other weapon.

Unfortunately not using any range weapons this time around.

I was using the Glavenus switch axe aerial style, I thought the 210 attack would be enough, but probably should just use the 320 attack charge blade I have and see if that helps.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
The few monsters with more HP than Hyper Event Gammoth are EX Elderfrost, the Fatalis family and Lao-Shan Lung, so I'd recommend a weapon with as much attack power as you can possibly get.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
How decked out are your Palicos? Gammoth's pretty weak to poison and paralyze iirc, so you might find it advantageous to equip them with status weapons and/or poison traps (if possible).

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Unfortunately not using any range weapons this time around.

I was using the Glavenus switch axe aerial style, I thought the 210 attack would be enough, but probably should just use the 320 attack charge blade I have and see if that helps.
Yeah, using a weapon with starter g rank stats for endgame super deviant level hp is not gonna go too well. Definitely upgrade that thing if you want to keep going with SA

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Just ordered my Switch. Is there a step by step guide for transferring saves from MHG to MHGU? I'm assuming everything transfers over? Anything I should do/farm in MHG in the meantime while I wait for my Switch to arrive?

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered my Switch. Is there a step by step guide for transferring saves from MHG to MHGU? I'm assuming everything transfers over? Anything I should do/farm in MHG in the meantime while I wait for my Switch to arrive?
The transfer is pretty simple. You'll need to download the free transfer app on the 3DS e-shop (just search for "Monster Hunter" and it'll be in the results) and the MHGU main menu has an entry for importing your save.

Almost everything transfers over. Your playtime will be reset, as will your hunter rank if it's over 8 (though these stats are saved as a Guild Card award). Also there's a few sets of DLC collaboration gear that didn't make it over (the Star Rook and Star Knight sets in particular) so those will be converted to money if you have them. But otherwise, all your gear, items, parts and saved sets will be right as you left them. Though you will have a 1-time chance to redo your hunter's name, gender, etc. as if making one by scratch, in case you'd like to tweak some things.

Since MHGU is a near total superset of MHG's content, there isn't anything in particular you need to do that you won't be able to do later. Though since your cleared quest progress carries over, anything you do now is something you won't have to do later.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Which level of g-rank deviant drops what? Kirinaco seems to split their drop tables into 3 but I can't figure out from it what the cut off points are.

sgb

Nov 1, 2017
How active is the online for this game now? I want to sink a few more hundred hours into it but not if it is incredibly dry online!

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely less rooms than there used to be but i still find rooms in a reasonable amount of time

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
How active is the online for this game now? I want to sink a few more hundred hours into it but not if it is incredibly dry online!
I've not had any issues online in the last few weeks.
There's also the ResetERA MH discord (in the OP) and there are always people available to help. It's been kinda dry there lately since most of the regulars have done just about everything in the game so we're playing other stuff, but we keep the discord open and hop in if someone needs help with a quest or just wants to have fun and hunt.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Finally picked this up for cheap and I can't decide what weapon to play. Played Hammer in 3U, Dual Blades in 4U, Adept Bow in Generations and fell in love with HBG in Worlds. Man it's hard to choose.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HR 141, been using longsword aerial style the whole game, but I'm beginning to feel like it just won't cut it anymore. Feels like I'm constantly trying to sneak one or two hits in, while the ranged weapons can space and constantly bombard enemies safely, dual blades users are quick enough to keep up with monsters like rajang and agile enough to maintain pressure on monsters that aggro with twisty movements like brachy or to get plenty of stop and go hits in on monsters like akantor, ukanlos, or G deviants. There's also gunlance which can tank and poke while ranged weapons deal the heavy damage, and blast away at monsters at opportune moments (toppling, etc).

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
HR 141, been using longsword aerial style the whole game, but I'm beginning to feel like it just won't cut it anymore. Feels like I'm constantly trying to sneak one or two hits in, while the ranged weapons can space and constantly bombard enemies safely, dual blades users are quick enough to keep up with monsters like rajang and agile enough to maintain pressure on monsters that aggro with twisty movements like brachy or to get plenty of stop and go hits in on monsters like akantor, ukanlos, or G deviants. There's also gunlance which can tank and poke while ranged weapons deal the heavy damage, and blast away at monsters at opportune moments (toppling, etc).
Valor Long Sword is supposed to be one of the most fun things to play in the game, and it's very powerful with that counter you get. I've seen excellen play it from time to time in our group and he always wrecks face with it.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using aerial longsword all the time in GU and it doesn't feel weak. Valor LS is broken, but aerial isn't bad at all. I recommend getting evade extender and making sure you're using the vault invincibility to your advantage:

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valor Long Sword is supposed to be one of the most fun things to play in the game, and it's very powerful with that counter you get. I've seen excellen play it from time to time in our group and he always wrecks face with it.
Weird, I tried using valor style while completing 2 or 3 low rank village quests and I felt like I couldn't do any- *looks up basic video*WAITYOUCANHOLDTHEYBUTTONTOMAINTAINASHEATHESTATE?

.... let me try that again

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS: I love this talisman. Insight + 4, expert + 9, no slots. Pair it with the Neset armor for Talisman Boost + Secret Arts to get Expert + 20 and Insight + 10 (Critical Eye+3, which is +30% affinity, and Composed, which increases the gauge fill rate.

I use the slots for the neset set to get me to Evasion + 2, or Evasion +1 and Airborne

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey everyone, just picked this up and transferred over my 70 hour save file from 3DS, and I'm OVERWHELMED with the amount of stuff they added right off the bat. Are there any guides or tips to get me started into Ultimate?

Also, is this me or does this game shower you with items compared to the original? Those free item packs were really generous!

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, just picked this up and transferred over my 70 hour save file from 3DS, and I'm OVERWHELMED with the amount of stuff they added right off the bat. Are there any guides or tips to get me started into Ultimate?
What I did was experiment with the new styles in the training mode and run through a lot of the new high rank Village quests to get a feel for the new additions before moving on to ranking up on the Hub side of things. Though we might be able to help if you've got questions about anything in particular.
Also, is this me or does this game shower you with items compared to the original? Those free item packs were really generous!
Not only are the item packs jammed with useful stuff, but the Felyne Courier will give you a seemingly endless amount of Lifepowders, meal Vouchers, and Deviant quest permits. They really want to encourage people to hunt with other players where those things are most useful.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Not only are the item packs jammed with useful stuff, but the Felyne Courier will give you a seemingly endless amount of Lifepowders, meal Vouchers, and Deviant quest permits. They really want to encourage people to hunt with other players where those things are most useful.
Definitely noticed this too. Gonna screw around some more and come back with any questions :) Thanks!

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Played a few hunts around HR 6/7 last night after being away for a while. This game is still so great!

What hunter "rank" is level 1 of Hellblade Glavenus? Some deviants like Snowbaron I felt that I could solo pretty well up until level 4 or 5 but Hellblade seems to require a group for the level I'm at. I think he one shotted one of our hunters with his charge up spin attack. I think his armor would be a good set to move on to after FINALLY doing away with my razorsharp rathalos/cenetaur mix that I have had forever.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
What hunter "rank" is level 1 of Hellblade Glavenus? Some deviants like Snowbaron I felt that I could solo pretty well up until level 4 or 5 but Hellblade seems to require a group for the level I'm at. I think he one shotted one of our hunters with his charge up spin attack. I think his armor would be a good set to move on to after FINALLY doing away with my razorsharp rathalos/cenetaur mix that I have had forever.
Some of the Deviants like Snowbaron start out at low rank strength and start you out at base camp with supplies, but Hellblade Glavenus starts at high rank even at level 1. This basically means you'll want gear at the upper end of high rank in order to tackle him. Keep an eye on the HR requirement for the Deviant quests in order to tell the difference.