• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Got it installed and ready to go any minute.

As a huge Monster Hunter fan since the PSP days, I am so happy it is having insane success in the West right now. If you told me 10 years ago that it would be more than just a niche product I would have said you're full of shit.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I can't believe that 1 year ago I thought Monster Hunter would never have it's big break in the west. Oooooh girl I was so wrong

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
That... suggests a pretty astronomical number of sales.

It's just below being a Top 10 of all time Steam Concurrency.

steamrecordsd8dlp.png

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats amazing - congrats Capcom. Glad to see the PC/Steam audience embracing the series.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Capcom are delighted with this. It probably helps that some people are double dipping as well.

Alej

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, played in on PS4. It's a blast, good times ahead PC gamers.

How much did it sell on consoles ? 7M?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To give this some context, it is already beating at launch games like the Dark Souls series, which do really well on PC.

It is likely to end up one of, if not the most successful Japanese PC games. And certainly for late ports.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why this one is so successful when the others did nothing outside of japan. It's truly baffling to me.

edit: I don't just mean on PC I mean in total.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why this one is so successful when the others did nothing outside of japan. It's truly baffling to me.

Because the game is finally accessible without losing the depth, and they removed all the clunkyness / added a lot of QoL stuff.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018

More exposure from youtube.

Also its finally on a proper console for the first time in like 10 years

Great for capcom. Fantastic game

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
To give this some context, it is already beating at launch games like the Dark Souls series, which do really well on PC.

It is likely to end up one of, if not the most successful Japanese PC games. And certainly for late ports.
It already is the most successful Japanese game on steam going by peak concurrent users numbers.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Cool :)

Even though my friend dislikes the way co op is set up to work (which is a fair criticism) it's a nice and fun game overall.
The support by Capcom is also very good.

so we can say that... MHW is perfect for [the] PC.
I kid.
But yea good news :)

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I had no idea it'd get these numbers on PC. Still creating my character.

I hope we've justified getting the PC port of the next Monster Hunter on the same day as consoles today (even though Rockstar still doesn't give two shits about us).