• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Alright, thanks for the answer. Doesn't really seem like the deluxe edition is worth the asking price to be honest.
Unless you really care about emotes and skins that go over your Armour to look like other things, deluxe is pointless. Get the regular versions and if you feel inclined, you can buy some dlc.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Wow cdkeys price is really good

Does anyone know if the europe region lock means you can't BUY it (ie redeem code) or that you cant PLAY it outside europe?

In other words, if I buy this in UK and move to USA then will it stop working in USA?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up to the whole mess of this port, and it's seem like another classic Capcom situation.
I still don't know where this narrative is coming from.
Content is fair criticism, features of the port isn't when we have not really seen much.
I mean the graphics options make me think 'console parity' is a mistranslation/misunderstanding or refers to extra features like Hairworks and stuff.

tWQ64tjEzEALTi4RjBdbsk.png

6AJM6EJJeGZNatyFWQJFFm.png

This looks fine to me. (Lol at "Mesh Lod Level Bias Help Message", someone is still working on things :) )

And we don't even know what "High" settings actually are.
For all we know Resolution Scaling on High means downsampling from 4k. Or there's a super-expensive effect that gives you 20fps when you put it from High to Medium without noticeably looking worse (*cough* shadows *cough*)
I'm all for giving Capcom flak for the high price + deluxe edition nonsense, but some of the complaining in here is quite premature.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Well the official word is that visually speaking it has console parity, it is launching only with vanilla content and with Denuvo. I'd call that a mess.

The official screenshots of the graphical options shows it doesnt have console parity, which is something that might have been misinterpreted.
Price point and Drm has nothing to do with port quality.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man the game is looking like its gonna be another great port from Capcom. They always release highly optimized games.

I don't understand how people are trying to say this is a bad port already. Aside from their classic collections, Capcom is one of the few Japanese companies that release highly optimized games with a slew of graphical options. The graphical menu looks very thorough and should allow people to highly customize their performance.

People whining about this game only being able to do 1080p@30fps on a 1060 at high settings should take a look at the graphical menu. There are settings on there that are performance heavy that could be bumped down to medium without a huge impact on visual fidelity, but at the same time can give you a huge boost to performance. If render resolution on high means more than 100%, then that will be a huge culprit. I'm thinking it means either 125% or 150%. Medium might be set to 100%. Lowering that will give you a huge performance boost.

People really need to get out of this ridiculous mindset of always running their games on high or maxed out. It's starting to get annoying that consumers haven't come to this realization yet.

With all that said...

I'm taking that plunge on the GMG version now that the preorder DLC is included. I'm gonna grab the Deluxe version at $51.14. That's $1.14 more than what I expected to pay for the base version at a non-discounted price.

Have the people going crazy about the price point not seen the huge discounts for the game yet? Most PC releases get huge discounts if you look outside of STEAM.

Oct 31, 2017
so, no uncapped framerate? Guess I'll have to play it on my 4k tv rather than 1440p 144hz monitor.
Still better than consoles' 30 fps though so can't really complain. Bring it on.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
I assume cross saving is not possible? Would like to pick up the pc version, but I'm not going to start a new playthrough after spending 350+ hours with the PS4 version.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
If my 1060 3GB cant do at least 900p 60fps on this I won't buy it again

Last edited:

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The price is already up to €38,69 on CDkeys and if it's anything like past releases it will likely continue to steadily rise before launch, so I recommend to order quickly if you want it from them.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna pre-order this for the discount, but if I can't get a stable 60 FPS with a 1070, I'll just buy it on PS4 at half the price

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I wanna pre-order this for the discount, but if I can't get a stable 60 FPS with a 1070, I'll just buy it on PS4 at half the price
I highly doubt you won't be able to get a stable 60 fps with a 1070. Some of those settings on maximum are probably very demanding so you could always lower some things to get a performance boost.

-Devious-

Oct 25, 2017
Are CD key selling sites allowed? I thought some of them were dodgy and that steam sometimes removes them from your account. If you want to support the dev do so by a legit storefront.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are CD key selling sites allowed? I thought some of them were dodgy and that steam sometimes removes them from your account. If you want to support the dev do so by a legit storefront.

Most are, but CDKeys is efficient at getting you codes. It's the only one that is pretty universally trusted to my knowledge.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt you won't be able to get a stable 60 fps with a 1070. Some of those settings on maximum are probably very demanding so you could always lower some things to get a performance boost.
Yeah I should be okay, even though I'm a bit worried that 1440p might be too much for the 1070, but I'll keep my fingers crossed
GMG and CDKeys are legit

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a GMG key? I'm not sure if CDKey will work in my region.

Edit: got one!

Last edited:

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Double dipped day 1. Picked up on GMG for 49 standard edition. I spent 60 on PS4 and logged over 270 hours so if I spend even 1/2 that time again on PC it's money well spent imo. See you all online! I'll need new people to hunt with as I don't think any of my friends are picking up the PC version except me. Maybe an Era Squad except with a better name than that :)

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
That port seems to already dig his own downhill.
I'm not following reddits and forums around the net, but the Denuvo+ Badport +High requirments +high price +No dlc , will make it become an auto skip from a lot of people.

Now even no mod support and no cross platform.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not following reddits and forums around the net, but the Denuvo+ Badport +High requirments +high price +No dlc , will make it become an auto skip from a lot of people.

It's already top of the top sellers in multiple regions and there is absolutely no evidence that it's a bad port. Especially when every other game on this engine is excellent.

Oct 26, 2017

The game is at the top of the Global Seller list on Steam and going by Capcom track record with both RE Engine and MT Framework titles this won't be a bad port, at all.

It's better to wait the launch of the game instead of spreading nonsense you know? I already saw you on the other Capcom thread dismissing MHW.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
It's already top of the top sellers in multiple regions and there is absolutely no evidence that it's a bad port. Especially when every other game on this engine is excellent.
I'm sorry, i express myself badly.
What makes a bad port, for me, is what i already listed before:

Denuvo+ High requirments +high price +No dlc +no mod support + no crossplatform

I didn't mean that the port is bad on his own as a "technical prospective"

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So we know we aren't getting the new dlc monsters yet will we have all the fixes and QOL changes that were in titles updates so far?
Doubt we'd get anything that was released in content patches, as we're getting the base game ported.
That said, there hasn't been that much fixed or changed after launch, and it's releasing quickly apparently.
The legit ones are.
Stuff like G2A or similar are not.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
It's better to wait the launch of the game instead of spreading nonsense you know? I already saw you on the other Capcom thread dismissing MHW.

I gave my opinion, i'm free to do so as you are.
I didn't say any nonsense and if you don't want to read my comments there is a option called "ignore", i invite you to use it..

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I gave my opinion, i'm free to do so as you are.
I didn't say any nonsense and if you don't want to read my comments there is a option called "ignore", i invite you to use it..
Calling it a bad port based on it having denuvo, high requirements (which are usually not accurate), high price, no dlc, no mod support and no crossplay is nonsense, because that's not what a bad port is.
It can be a bad product for you, but none of that makes it a bad port.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Spreading of misinformation can be brutal because then everyone will think it's a bad port even though we know nothing about it. Everyone needs to chill out and wait for information or when the game comes out to find out the actual quality of the port.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Calling it a bad port based on it having denuvo, high requirements (which are usually not accurate), high price, no dlc, no mod support and no crossplay is nonsense, because that's not what a bad port is.
It can be a bad product for you, but none of that makes it a bad port.

I'm sorry, i express myself badly.
What makes a bad port, for me, is what i already listed before:

Denuvo+ High requirments +high price +No dlc +no mod support + no crossplatform

I didn't mean that the port is bad on his own as a "technical prospective"

I don't get where you can't read that, this is a bad port for me.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spreading of misinformation can be brutal because then everyone will think it's a bad port even though we know nothing about it. Everyone needs to chill out and wait for information or when the game comes out to find out the actual quality of the port.

Maybe Capcom is to blame? Less than one month to release and no PC footage, all we got at some config screens, "console parity" comments and no DLC at launch with no timing windows.

And Denuvo is always a polemic choice.

So if people are freaking out because after having to wait 7 months for a full priced port with plenty of doubts surrounding it less than one month from release , I think Capcom should get some blame for the situation too.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I don't get where you can't read that, this is a bad port for me.
Doesn't matter if you say it's for you or not, none of what you said can make it a bad port, no matter what you think.

A port of a game is a conversion of a game from one platform to another, so a bad port is a game that was poorly converted from a technical point of view (be it from having poor performance taking into consideration its performance in its original platform or how it looks graphically, having crashing issues or bugs, and so on).

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Capcom is to blame? Less than one month to release and no PC footage, all we got at some config screens, "console parity" comments and no DLC at launch with no timing windows.

And Denuvo is always a polemic choice.

So if people are freaking out because after having to wait 7 months for a full priced port with plenty of doubts surrounding it less than one month from release , I think Capcom should get some blame for the situation too.
Maybe. Also maybe people shouldn't jump to conclusions? Denuvo is in basically every Triple A release so if someone has a big problem with it then they are fairly limiting their game choices.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe. Also maybe people shouldn't jump to conclusions? Denuvo is in basically every Triple A release so if someone has a big problem with it then they are fairly limiting their game choices.

Ppl are not in any obligation of have faith in companies, if they want to put themselves in the "worst case scenario" it's legitimate. The one who have to proof themselves, the ones that are asking our money, are the ones that have the obligation to put to rest people doubts.

If they failed at communicating is not our problem.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
A port of a game is a conversion of a game from one platform to another, so a bad port is a game that was poorly converted from a technical point of view (be it from having poor performance taking into consideration its performance in its original platform or how it looks graphically, having crashing issues or bugs, and so on).
I think the needs or standards of the target platform should also be considered. Otherwise, the port of the first Dark Souls would be considered a flawless port.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't matter if you say it's for you or not, none of what you said can make it a bad port, no matter what you think.

I don't know where to start.
But no, a bad port is not only be made by the tecnical aspect of the game.

Cut content / insert of drm and other major elements affect the overoll view of the product and the port itself

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Ppl are not in any obligation of have faith in companies, if they want to put themselves in the "worst case scenario" it's legitimate. The one who have to proof themselves, the ones that are asking our money, are the ones that have the obligation to put to rest people doubts.

If they failed at communicating is not our problem.
I'm not asking anyone to have faith. I'm saying people should wait. You don't have to put money down right now. But how is it helpful to automatically assume it'll be a bad port when people could just wait and see? It's still spreading misinformation even if it's because Capcom haven't communicated well enough.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not asking anyone to have faith. I'm saying people should wait. You don't have to put money down right now. But how is it helpful to automatically assume it'll be a bad port when people could just wait and see? It's still spreading misinformation even if it's because Capcom haven't communicated well enough.

IMO with what we know now, I think is fine to be displeased. Denuvo, console parity, DLC and price give people enough reason to be disappointed. That's actual info, not misinformation.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I think the needs or standards of the target platform should also be considered. Otherwise, the port of the first Dark Souls would be considered a flawless port.
Yeah, you're right.

I don't know where to start.
But no, a bad port is not only be made by the tecnical aspect of the game.

Cut content / insert of drm and other major elements affect the overoll view of the product and the port itself
Cut content (if anything it's delayed content, and even then the PC version is going to have all the content the consoles versions had at launch anyway) and drm have no relation to the quality of the port.

The game may be a bad product for you, but calling it a bad port is pretty much spreading misinformation.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you're right.

Cut content (if anything it's delayed content, and even then the PC version is going to have all the content the consoles versions had at launch anyway) and drm have no relation to the quality of the port.

The game may be a bad product for you, but calling it a bad port is pretty much spreading misinformation.

The problem is that, i'm not spreading any misinformation at all if i say "in my opinion"
That's what you have to understand.
You have no power over the opinion of other people, and they can say all they want about it.
For me a port is not only the mechanical aspect of the game, and the insertion of drm elements, no dlc from day one (when the console version has them), full price, no crossplatform and so on make it a bad port and a bad product where to invest my money on.
For you is a different story.
I have no obbligation over having your same opinion or to follow your same way to see a "Port".

I'm not talking as a pr representative or as a gaming journalist.