• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Well help me understand why MH structure is the only way MH can be done. Explain to me why there are no other alternative, or at the very least, the grind severely lessened.

But the grind is lessened.

People who got the game early has reported that the material required for armor set has been drastically reduced- something like by half the required amount.

At least the early game sets are really cheap and easy to make

Im not sure how steep it scales up but everything seems to be a touch easier to make

And there are other mechanics in place as well.

Theres not really as much grinding as you think.

If series tradition holds true, crafting one armor set can take you pretty far due to an item called armor spheres that allow you to improve the stats of armor. This allows you to keep your current stuff and keep pace with some of the newer armor that becomes available. I played most of MH4U wearing only the Tetsucabra set.

As for items, there is a farm in the game that help with resources so you don't constantly have to scour the fields for things like honey and herbs and theres a lot you can just buy from merchants for cheap.

redfiend

Oct 25, 2017
You guys realize the spikes act as shrapnel when he dives. That's one of his main attacks. If you don't actually see him hit you is because his spikes do.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
nergiganteh4u0j.png

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
Does multiplayer allow you to do story missions? Can my girlfriend and I do the whole story mode together? Also, I've read different takes about how they scale monsters in this one, I heard someone say they're scaling it to 4 players even if you're only a group of 2--will just her and I as totally new players be able to take things on, or are we better off not playing together at first?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Does multiplayer allow you to do story missions? Can my girlfriend and I do the whole story mode together? Also, I've read different takes about how they scale monsters in this one, I heard someone say they're scaling it to 4 players even if you're only a group of 2--will just her and I as totally new players be able to take things on, or are we better off not playing together at first?

Yes you can but its a bit weird

First story encounters with each monster each have a cutscene which is solo only till after the cutscene plays then you can join up and both get credit for the quest

At least this is what ive read. No idea why you couldnt just play the cutscene for all players (like Destiny does) but its a weird hangup lol

Either way yes you can play the whole campaign in multiplayer

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Not sure how it will be in the final game, but in the beta i have a easier time taking a monster down solo than with just a team of 2 or 3 players. Depending on how much time you have to complete a quest in the final game maybe just 2 will be enough to most of the low rank monsters. You can also make a room with ur GF and then invite 2 randoms for harder monsters if u feel you need more players. Playing solo requires a bit more knowladge about the monster movement as you will get monster atention on you all the time, so even playing with 2 will feel less hard. Just depends on how much time it takes to take the monster down.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Yes you can but its a bit weird

First story encounters with each monster each have a cutscene which is solo only till after the cutscene plays then you can join up and both get credit for the quest

At least this is what ive read. No idea why you couldnt just play the cutscene for all players (like Destiny does) but its a weird hangup lol

Either way yes you can play the whole campaign in multiplayer

I think I know why- they want that seamless transition lol

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nergigante can eat my unshaved, unwashed asshole while I'm taking a hot steamy shit.

Anyone who thinks this is a good encounter has no standards for how a Monhun fight should be. Their opinions are forever neglected and I seriously will never, ever take one of such person seriously.

Good encounter: see Diablos, Tigrex.
HERPDERP Shittier: Nershitface

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Nergigante can eat my unshaved, unwashed asshole while I'm taking a hot steamy shit.

Anyone who thinks this is a good encounter has no standards for how a Monhun fight should be. Their opinions are forever neglected and I seriously will never, ever take one of such person seriously.

Want to team up on that fucker? The randos I've played with ain't up for the task...

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I want to main Charge Blade, but after several missions still feel like I'm mashing or not getting the hang of it. Any general tips for utilizing it properly?

I've been practicing transferring Charge from Shield to Sword, but not even that I'm getting consistent.

Other than that, I might suggest that if you're newer to MH, complex weapons like Charge Blade might not be best weapon. I've been playing since PSP and I still feel like CB is too much to keep up with and it makes it harder to pay attention to the monster you're fighting. I basically save CB for when I've already mastered monsters and just want to play something different.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

It's just a regular MH encounter though? He doesn't even really have any super special attacks.

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
Nerg is fine outside of that big dive attack that can one shot you. I have no idea how you are supposed to dodge it and it is responsible for the majority of my carts.

Zipzo

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Is there a cheese method to beating nergi solo? Reason being is I'm not too great at the game yet but dont want to miss out on the extra rewards so I'd rather just be done with the reward earning before the beta is over so I can focus on practicing with weapons that take more time to get good with.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a cheese method to beating nergi solo? Reason being is I'm not too great at the game yet but dont want to miss out on the extra rewards so I'd rather just be done with the reward earning before the beta is over so I can focus on practicing with weapons that take more time to get good with.
Don't lose your way!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no cheese method.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Superman dive has a nice hearty length of invincibility frames so yeah.

You see an Elder dragon prepping the BIG ONE be sure to sheath your weapon and prepare to dive lol

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017

Seems like the HBG is really effective with slicing rounds. Im pretty sure the rewards for it are just consumables and early upgrade items so dont feel like you absolutely need to get them.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Superman dive has a nice hearty length of invincibility frames so yeah.

You see an Elder dragon prepping the BIG ONE be sure to sheath your weapon and prepare to dive lol
You counter it with the best weapon in the game, the weeb blade
I know foresight slash doesn't work on attacks that continue past the first hit.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Having trouble?

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my Nerg hunt. Certainly not the prettiest but it was a battle. I got lucky so many times and should have carted but the gods smiled upon me.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

Other than that, I might suggest that if you're newer to MH, complex weapons like Charge Blade might not be best weapon. I've been playing since PSP and I still feel like CB is too much to keep up with and it makes it harder to pay attention to the monster you're fighting. I basically save CB for when I've already mastered monsters and just want to play something different.

Yeah, I watched that video about 10 times before asking here. I actually had a harder time following it than Chaos2Frozen's small write-up earlier. I still appreciate the response.
And yeah, it seems like it's a high maintenance weapon, but I really like it. I'm traditionally the Press Button and Cut it Up type, but I think going off the (relatively) deeper end might be good for me. Who knows as I'm still just starting out.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, same. Shit fight is shit. Beat everything else in one or two attempts but this shitfucker who is catered to the normal spam triangle gamer (ala 99,999% of the community) is ridiculous.

0/10
If it's catered to mindless spammers how did you fail multiple times? It should be simple, right?

Thinking_Face_Emoji.png

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Breathe, my man. He's no thing. If everything was no cart 1-2 attempts, it'd be far too easy. I believe in you.
No, I HATE that this game is encouraging the triangle-spam-fest-weapon (dual blades).

I go with my main GS and can't beat him, 5 attempts or so, note that this is the weapon that I've DESTROYED the other games and monsters with.

Now I choose dual blades, first attempt, he's down. I've had no practice with the weapon.

It's disencouraging to play other weapons when I can play the HERPDERP DYNASTY WARRIORS TRIANGLE SPAM-weapon and beat everything. Shit balanced, and a shit monster.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, I HATE that this game is encouraging the triangle-spam-fest-weapon (dual blades).

I go with my main GS and can't beat him, 5 attempts or so, note that this is the weapon that I've DESTROYED the other games and monsters with.

Now I choose dual blades, first attempt, he's down. I've had no practice with the weapon.

It's disencouraging to play other weapons when I can play the HERPDERP DYNASTY WARRIORS TRIANGLE SPAM-weapon and beat everything. Shit balanced, and a shit monster.
He has a bunch of openings for you to charge the GS though.

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I watched that video about 10 times before asking here. I actually had a harder time following it than Chaos2Frozen's small write-up earlier. I still appreciate the response.
And yeah, it seems like it's a high maintenance weapon, but I really like it. I'm traditionally the Press Button and Cut it Up type, but I think going off the (relatively) deeper end might be good for me. Who knows as I'm still just starting out.

It was really rough picking it up for the first time through the betas trying to learn it. It is so damn satisfying once it clicks though and you are landing full axe discharges easily. Im just trying to get my head around guard points now.

ClubNorth

Banned for having an alt account
Jan 17, 2018
i often hear that this series has one of the greatest combat systems of all time?

is that a fair statement?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Some weapons always worked better against some monsters *shrug*

I also like to play GS and sometimes it just isn't the easiest weapon to use.

And just because you died a couple times there should really be no reason to get so angry at this.
You probably also killed him with the DBs because by then you had gotten all his tells and such down.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Yeah, same. Shit fight is shit. Beat everything else in one or two attempts but this shitfucker who is catered to the normal spam triangle gamer (ala 99,999% of the community) is ridiculous.

0/10

Never change, Yoshi ❤️