• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
EDIT: Released. https://store.steampowered.com/app/960781/Monster_Hunter_World__High_Resolution_Texture_Pack/

---

I remember them talking about possibly updating PC-version with better textures later on, but was still somewhat skeptical if they would actually do it. But alas, it's finally happening. They are apparently updated across all asset types too (said by Wbacon on steam comments). Here are the upcoming patch notes:

Major New Features/Design Changes:
- Added support for High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
You can change to high resolution in-game textures by downloading
this pack as free DLC from the Steam store.
Note: The High Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of
free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM). We will provide
more detailed information on the system requirements after the update.

- Added a "TAA+FXAA" option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.

- When selecting "Take All" at the rewards screen after completing a quest,
a list of all items received will now be displayed.

- Added a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement
when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.

- Added a "Friends Can Join" option to the Private Session Settings.

- Various bug fixes, including localization-related issues.

c6433de6471548c00b20db71ef4a29cc6efb2b87.jpg

Update-page here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1804161906378132114

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yo, that's dope. Textures on the PC version are really bad so I'm all for this.

They've really improved on this port after the horrendous launch. Good on Capcom.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Not sure if the improvements are enough to warrant an extra 40 gigs. Need more high-res comparison shots.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
40 GB of Free Space + 8 GB of VRAM? My PC has those, but the game already runs pretty bad without maximizing the current graphical settings...

dom

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice to get "Take All" on PS4/XB1
Let's also get an option for Scoutflies taking over the camera. *Scoutflies turns camera around to focus on footprints while looking at monster.

OP
OP
Shinrou

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Also updated the main post by adding link to Steam update-page. I was supposed to but seems like I half-assed that post.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, gotta have 8GB VRAM for it? And here I was thinking of upgrading to a RTX 2060...

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we expect the game to get a price cut once Iceborne releases ? I wanna play it on Steam before they announce the next game.

Galava

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, gotta have 8GB VRAM for it? And here I was thinking of upgrading to a RTX 2060...
6GB is going to be more than enough for these new textures at 1080p, don't be fooled.
8GB most surely is for higher resolutions.
If those textures actually need more than 8GB of VRAM, I don't know what the f are those developers doing. The quality is not that high to require that much

I have a RTX2060, and despite having *only* 6GB, needs to be noted that it's GDDR6, which makes max capacity a bit less important, it runs great any game and doesn't cap its VRAM.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like TAA is actually the real game changer here. I only played the beta but it was shimmery as hell. Capcom's TAA can be a bit soft, like in RE2, but in DMC5 it looked great.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah 40 GB seems a bit absurd for the gains shown here, need more comparisions as well.

But I already barely managed to get the game running at 4k 60fps. I don't think I can use these without totally tanking the performance.

Also I hope this is a positive sign for Iceborne being there day and date on PC.

Mar 23, 2018
Does this mean the game will be 40GB~ total with the new textures or that it will take another extra 40GB over the original 30GB~ the game is right now, which means it will become a 70GB~ game. That's a lot... I don't know if I can justify an extra 40GB just for textures if that's what it means.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Looks good! I will use if it doesn't impact performance but it's already one of the worst performing games I own.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this is crazy good. Gone from worst textures to best by a longshot.

OP
OP
Shinrou

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Does this mean the game will be 40GB~ total with the new textures or that it will take another extra 40GB over the original 30GB~ the game is right now, which means it will become a 70GB~ game. That's a lot... I don't know if I can justify an extra 40GB just for textures if that's what it means.

It's an additional download, so yeah, it more than doubles the game size.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
It's very cool that they're offering this, and some of the improvements on armor seen so far look pretty cool.

The requirements both in terms of space and GPU memory seem a bit much though considering what we've seen so far.

Hopefully it won't be all armor and weapons at least and some of that huge size comes from crazy good looking environment textures we haven't seen yet or something.

*Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
It's very cool that they're offering this, and some of the armor shots look pretty cool and like a decent improvement for sure.

The requirements both in terms of space and GPU memory seem a bit much though considering what we've seen so far.

Hopefully it won't be all armor and weapons at least and some of that huge size comes from crazy good looking environment textures we haven't seen yet or something.

"Some of the armor shots look pretty cool"?
Did you see more screenshots of the new textures than the one shot in the link?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited about what they're doing than that they're doing it. Preparing myself mentally that they're releasing a 40GB texture pack but don't fix the mip-mapping issue that makes a lot of the game textures look like garbage currently.

Also, sorry, but that's the worst comparison shot for texture quality that I've ever seen. Just put two non-JPG crops of high resolution screenshots next to each other.

That being said, some nice other changes. Nice to see continued support.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's awesome that this is a secondary download. So I can keep my file size smaller by not indulging in this while also not impeding people who want the new textures.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
This game is on my radar, but the problem is I already play MMOs and JRPGs, and those two genres are my reasons why my backlog is huge...

I guess I'll wait until Iceborn comes out?

OP
OP
Shinrou

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
This game is on my radar, but the problem is I already play MMOs and JRPGs, and those two genres are my reasons why my backlog is huge...

I guess I'll wait until Iceborn comes out?
At this point I'd suggest to just wait for Iceborne and experience it all at once, since you seem to have your hands pretty much full at the moment.

forrest

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Better late than never I guess, but honestly this really should have been in at release, especially with the delayed pc launch.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I used this mod and happy with the result.

46-1535016992-829604331.jpeg

46-1535017011-1318109131.jpeg

Official patch is always nice though, and there are additional improvements too on top of textures.

Assets are of higher quality than those included in the original release, so texture fidelity and overall image quality will be better than above.

As far as memory footprint is concerned, it will of course vary depending on the monitor resolution due to differing frame buffer requirements. Graphics options you enable will also have a slight impact on memory usage. The 8GB memory mentioned in the blog post is on the upper end when using 2160p resolution.

We'll have more details in the next Steam blog post.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Assets are of higher quality than those included in the original release, so texture fidelity and overall image quality will be better than above.

As far as memory footprint is concerned, it will of course vary depending on the monitor resolution due to differing frame buffer requirements. Graphics options you enable will also have a slight impact on memory usage. The 8GB memory mentioned in the blog post is on the upper end when using 2160p resolution.

We'll have more details in the next Steam blog post.
Cool, so I guess at 1080p I'll be fine with 6gb VRAM. Thanks for the confirmation.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Too bad this game doesn't support cross save cause I'd play it on PC in a heartbeat. I'm not un-assing 300+ hours on PS4 by starting over on PC though