• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
This new naming convention is gonna have me thinking of that one pokemon opening everytime I go out on a Master Quest.

What I do wonder in regards to this DLC, considering the audience it's cultivated and that G rank generally involves brutal muggings that make high rank seem small time, is it just gonna be G rank content? or will they add to high rank as well for the people who didn't zoom all the way to World's endgame and kit themselves out like a mobile fortress.
More than likely they will scale things to not need drachen and just expect people to have some nergi mix or around that power level. Unfortunately that means people using drachen will blow g rank monsters up in no time since gradual power creep has been off the charts compared to previous games.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
thought we got updates on iceborne for a sec 😒
should be 1-2 more months right? didn't they say new info on spring

xem

Oct 31, 2017
I hope they improve the matchmaking system. Really looking fwd to this, Iv got 500+ hrs in World

NSESN

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Great, now i ony need the confirmation of new types of monster like beasts and leviathans

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
More than likely they will scale things to not need drachen and just expect people to have some nergi mix or around that power level. Unfortunately that means people using drachen will blow g rank monsters up in no time since gradual power creep has been off the charts compared to previous games.
Considering how they've said that Iceborne's story directly follows from the base game's, I'm fully expecting at least the start of it to be balanced around people that might not have ever beaten the Tempered Kirin urgent. And certainly nothing that requires significant amounts of augmenting.

It's going to be weird if Master Rank quests require lower HR than all of the ATs we've been fighting though.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
despite it exceeding their expectations, we're getting treated as 2nd class citizens

dont want all those filthy pirates ruining the console sales you see
I feel so burned by the PC version. I already had like 400 hours on PS4, got the platinum, and bought the game again on PC so I could do crazy modded/cheat engine playthroughs offline.

A few months after release, they patched in a very heavy anti-cheat that is impossible to conveniently get around, meaning my PC version is essentially useless.

I really wish they had taken the Dark Souls approach and just softbanned people, letting them cheat offline but preventing online play.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what mods did they shut down? You still can do the weird fire-kirin/gobul modded fights plus 'add everything to the shop' and stuff like moving the farm/research npcs to the gathering hub, can't you?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Wait, what mods did they shut down? You still can do the weird fire-kirin/gobul modded fights plus 'add everything to the shop' and stuff like moving the farm/research npcs to the gathering hub, can't you?
Yes you can, I have the buy anything from shop mod installed and working fine as I type this.