• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So I stopped playing MH after essentially maxing out everything to do after the game released. Put in about 120 hours.

Anyone kept playing till today?

Have they been supporting the game well? I know there was some small DLC drops here and there, but what about general patches?

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say still PC. Yeah there's delays but it's worth it. Regarding online population, it's extremely active on PC, probably just as much as PS4 considering the number of sales seem to be pretty close. Of course, this might differ based in your region.
Excellent, thanks much. Followup question: do the matchmaking servers automatically detect and allocate your region or is there an option to choose?

I don't mind they're adding more difficult monster, as long as it's not as tedious as facing Ex Behemoth.

But balancing the armor that's already released with future g-rank equipment would be tricky. Especially with how powerful the Hunter become currently, adding more health pool and damage wouldn't be sufficient to make a proper g rank.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder is this is too long of a gap for non hardcore monster Hunter fans to care. Not much info and a weak trailer not sure I'm sold at all, need to see/know more.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
About time
World was lacking in roster and difficulty, and its endgame was pretty bad
I hope this expansion will fix it

Aranea

Oct 25, 2017
I'm goddamn ready since March,but autumn 2019 is too far away

download.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Timing of this release is terrible. They clearly didn't put much thought into the long-term support of the game. Lucky for them MH will still have an active username by then.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully by Autumn they mean at least late August. This should of been ready for the games one year anniversary.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Timing of this release is terrible. They clearly didn't put much thought into the long-term support of the game. Lucky for them MH will still have an active username by then.
Considering we used to have to wait until a year or so after the g-rank expansions release in japan to even get the game at all, I think they're doing ok.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how they will balance the expansion in regards to player power/skill levels. The expansion is sure to bring lapsed players back.
Do they cater to the crowd that left MHW after they beat the MSQ, or to the crowd that is killing arch-tempered monsters left and right since release? There is a gap in skill and gear between players. This seems quite tricky imo.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Man that is way to long from now .
Truth is Capcom got caught with there pants down when it comes to this game DLC plan .

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm in but I can't get excited when it's so far away... but at least this will change the relatively barren endgame for me. Love the theme ... hope I still care by then.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So far off, I'm not going to bother getting hyped or speculating. Glad it exists, I'll think about it more next summer.

Also Witcher collab early next year!

I love how blatant all of the Witcher crossovers are. It's just "What if Geralt gets teleported to a new world and immediately begins killing things? That works, right?"

The bigger question is how signs will work in combat. I could definitely see him being extremely overpowered, which would be awesome at this point.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Man that is way to long from now .
Truth is Capcom got caught with there pants down when it comes to this game DLC plan .
Nope, truth is there's just a bunch of people who are new to monster hunter who don't realize it has always gone this way. Except this time we can get it cheaper as DLC instead of having to buy an entirely new game.
Is that supposed to please everyone? Not pleasing Switch fans.
I hope it's free, anyway.
I mean, when they say monster hunter world news that will please everyone, I think that was the point where Switch fans were excluded. This 100% will not be a free update.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It's a paid expansion.
Nope, truth is there's just a bunch of people who are new to monster hunter who don't realize it has always gone this way. Except this time we can get it cheaper as DLC instead of having to buy an entirely new game.

I mean, when they say monster hunter world news that will please everyone, I think that was the point where Switch fans were excluded. This 100% will not be a free update.
Meh. Oh well.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
That's so far off, plus I bought the PC version so guess I'll have some more months.
Still gonna get it day one, whenever that'll be.