• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The Glavenus sub species looks badass and WTF is that thing at the end???? I'm so excited for this!! It's going to be so great battling these monsters via World's game play. The turf war animations look incredibly cool too.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MHW is sorely lacking in Water monsters (only Jyuratodus), so I for one welcome our new Water Elder.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
vAntpxH.jpg

Looks awesome

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hmmm should i be wary of the spoilers? Or they are just the tip of the iceberg?

Honestly nobody is going to know until the game is out. I was initially going to go media black out but in the end I realized I don't play MH for the monster reveals or story to it anyway. I'd say if you really want to go in with a clean slate don't watch this trailer however you've probably already seen the elder dragon design just scrolling through the topic.

OP
OP
roflwaffles

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
MH isn't really a spoiler centric franchise - the story is basically nonexistent and only an excuse to kill monsters and wear their skin as armor.

I was hoping this new Elder would be more Cthulu-like but I like the design! Reminds me of a dragon Ebrietas.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
How beginner friendly is this game atm? Kinda want to get into, but have no friends to play it with so I'd have to rely on randoms. Having to go through the base game before Iceborne is kind of daunting.

May 9, 2019
Honestly nobody is going to know until the game is out. I was initially going to go media black out but in the end I realized I don't play MH for the monster reveals or story to it anyway. I'd say if you really want to go in with a clean slate don't watch this trailer however you've probably already seen the elder dragon design just scrolling through the topic.
Agreed. However for me I don't even know what's new besides new hub, moves, monsters and clutch claw. I've been avoiding detailed videos and articles. Going in Iceborne blind.

Oct 27, 2017
I have this downloaded through game pass but have not yet started.

Is it too late to get into this? And roughly how long would it take me to level up sufficiently?

Thanks for the answers

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
What's the story with this Guardian set? If I haven't finished MH World can I put this on and do the Iceborne stuff no problem?

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
No, the guardian set is meant for players that are new to the base version of world, and want to get their HR over 16. According to the video, it will have notably high defense plus some defensive skills to improve player survivability. It will lose revelevancy upon reaching iceborne, but for everything before it seems like a good defensive set

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
What's the story with this Guardian set? If I haven't finished MH World can I put this on and do the Iceborne stuff no problem?
You have to clear the main story to start doing the Iceborne content. Also, Iceborne content is going to be master rank with a difficulty spike comparable to the difference between low rank and high rank. The Guardian armor set is high rank, so it'll probably be acceptable for early master rank monsters, then fall off very quickly and you'll need to craft master rank armor.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
I have this downloaded through game pass but have not yet started.

Is it too late to get into this? And roughly how long would it take me to level up sufficiently?

Thanks for the answers
It will probably take you around 30 hours to complete the story. If you wait until Iceborne it will be even faster with that guardian set and the hunter helper system.

Never too late.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How beginner friendly is this game atm? Kinda want to get into, but have no friends to play it with so I'd have to rely on randoms. Having to go through the base game before Iceborne is kind of daunting.
With so many good QoL changes, MHW is the best place to start. I would suggest starting the game and heading into the training zone to play with all the weapon types till you found what you like.

The game is really fun coop but could can still Solo a huge chunk of the game and solo is the best way to learn the weapons.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Monsters will now build a tolerance to flash attacks. While monsters will be less susceptible to flash attacks or be completely immune to them for a period of time, their tolerance will reset afterwards.

Well, now I'm never fighting Rathalos again.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Namielle looks dope, my poor bow got nerfed into the ground, still no Zinogre to be found, those QoL changes are overall really good but some of them like the flash pod nerf are concerning.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Namielle looks dope, my poor bow got nerfed into the ground, still no Zinogre to be found, those QoL changes are overall really good but some of them like the flash pod nerf are concerning.
If the Flash Pod nerf was in effect during the Beta (which I'm 99% sure it was) then it's not too terrible. It really just means that when a monster's enraged you can't flash them.

Which sucked for Rathalos, but the fight was still totally winnable. It just wasn't a curbstomp like it is now. It's much better than the current system for Tempered monsters with "You get 3 flash pods and that's it."

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Its actually an improvement

Before this when monsters were given immunity it wouldnt reset at all (tempered and arch tempered)

Now over the course of a long hunt flash immunity will eventually wear off which is a buff over the old endgame setup

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
They actually went and nerfed weakness exploit, flash bombs, temporal mantle, and the longsword and a few other skills that I always use like non elemental boost for my divine slasher. They basically killed my build lol.

Looks like Iceborne is going to be tough and I love it.

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on blackout but are they fixing the multiplayer so you dont have to watch the CS before you can call your friend's? Or did they already fix it, played in a long while.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been on blackout but are they fixing the multiplayer so you dont have to watch the CS before you can call your friend's? Or did they already fix it, played in a long while.

That'll still be present in Iceborne. But I think they mentioned that the cutscenes will be shorter.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The changes have me wantign to start over from scratch, but they're not adding an option to skip cutscenes. Ugh.