• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
For this festival they mentioned they will be adding the gama sets. I will be nice if they add something more than that

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I may need to switch my character to a male if we get the gamma layered armors. Vaal Hazak and Damascus layered look so good on guys and they're whatever on girls.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Hey gang, comin in kinda late and uninformed here

Credits are rolling on the base game's campaign. Am I good to jump straight into Iceborne with my Defender kit (weapon's maxed, armor's at 60 def each) and vitality mantle? Or are there some specific vanilla items that are advisable to have first?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Longsword is very strong now I found, the fact you can cancel all the garbage animations after your main attacks with iai means there's little downtime and it increases damage a bunch, plus the iai normal attack gives you the bar charging buff 100% of the time so you're never short on ressources to do the combo. I'm not super sold on the iai counter since it seems to require too good timing for my old hands but just the rest is pretty good, I just hate using the clutch claw on it and any non heavy weapon, feels like shit.

Credits are rolling on the base game's campaign. Am I good to jump straight into Iceborne with my Defender kit (weapon's maxed, armor's at 60 def each) and vitality mantle? Or are there some specific vanilla items that are advisable to have first?
You'll be mostly fine with the first couple of monsters, but you'll want to upgrade by the time you reach a certain saber-tooth wyvern. Thankfully, even Great Jagras armor at MR is a hell of a defense boost over endgame HR armor, so you won't be hurting for something easy to make to get you on the right path.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
You'll be mostly fine with the first couple of monsters, but you'll want to upgrade by the time you reach a certain saber-tooth wyvern. Thankfully, even Great Jagras armor at MR is a hell of a defense boost over endgame HR armor, so you won't be hurting for something easy to make to get you on the right path.
Fantastic, thanks! Looking forward to hitting Iceborne tomorrow. What little I've seen looks great, and I'm a huuuuge sucker for snowy areas in games. So cozy. :D

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You may want to do some of the other optional quests and special assignments to unlock other mantles, especially the temporal mantle and rocksteady mantle, but those will take a good bit of time.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You may want to do some of the other optional quests and special assignments to unlock other mantles, especially the temporal mantle and rocksteady mantle, but those will take a good bit of time.
Yeah, but you can go back with early MR weapons and armor and do those much quicker, so there's no reason to not jump in.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but you can go back with early MR weapons and armor and do those much quicker, so there's no reason to not jump in.

Well no, his problem is stuff like the rocksteady mantle being gated behind "Fight X tier 2 tempereds/fight X tier 3 tempereds" which requires him to be a certain HR to do those quests. No amount of MR equipment will get him past that grind, assuming he's only HR20 or so. At best, he'll be able to do it a little faster.

The temporal mantle he can get right away though, I think.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted the best GS build. I can't find it, I thought I screenshot it with my phone but didn't.

Never mind found it.

Last edited:

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
I've finally made a constitution/marathon runner build for dual blades and I'm lovin it. I don't have to worry about running out of stamina throughout entire fights; the anjanath bonus with the extra stamina helps as well. Super fun build

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Well no, his problem is stuff like the rocksteady mantle being gated behind "Fight X tier 2 tempereds/fight X tier 3 tempereds" which requires him to be a certain HR to do those quests. No amount of MR equipment will get him past that grind, assuming he's only HR20 or so. At best, he'll be able to do it a little faster.

The temporal mantle he can get right away though, I think.
That's true. I forgot about that.

I'd 100% get MR armor before going for Temporal though because fuck Lunastra.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I've finally made a constitution/marathon runner build for dual blades and I'm lovin it. I don't have to worry about running out of stamina throughout entire fights; the anjanath bonus with the extra stamina helps as well. Super fun build

Stamina cap is super nice and comfy. It was a dream when the lunastra armor came out in base world as a DB user.

That said, keep in mind about the cap on stamina reduction. Felyne black belt and a dash juice are easy things to bring every fight meaning you hit the cap of 50% with just a single point of constitution which might free up slots for you....maybe for evade window? It feels godly to dash through ridiculous hits with your weapons out. It's the closest we come to LS counters.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
Stamina cap is super nice and comfy. It was a dream when the lunastra armor came out in base world as a DB user.

That said, keep in mind about the cap on stamina reduction. Felyne black belt and a dash juice are easy things to bring every fight meaning you hit the cap of 50% with just a single point of constitution which might free up slots for you....maybe for evade window? It feels godly to dash through ridiculous hits with your weapons out. It's the closest we come to LS counters.
about stamina reduction, drinking dash juice reduces both continuous and fixed stamina consumption? If I'm reading the wikia right it does, which I didn't realize. That would free me up some slots.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Master rank 540 with nearly all my endgame gear(need the chest piece and everything needs to be augmented.)
Loyalty.png

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Tried out HBG yesterday since I've heard positive things about it. It felt really slow though, movement and damage wise compared to Hammer.

I used the second best Viper Tobi HBG along with 2x Shield, Ranged Damage and Long Barrel. High affinity build with high Attack Power, Nargacuga set bonus.

Am I doing something wrong? I tested it against something simple like Xeno'jiwa and used Normal, Piercing and Spread shots. Also went up against Brachiodus which was slow too, so I can only imagine how bad something like a Tigrex would go.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anything to look out for when the festival event starts? I suppose I should at least finish the Iceborne story first?
Seems pretty quick though, I've been playing close to daily and only just got done with Velkhana.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
When my mega potions run out I can quick craft one, but only one because once I press those buttons again it just drinks the potion. How can I keep quick crafting them via the radial?

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These Tundra Molys keep burrowing their heads whenever they spawn, which make it impossible for you to capture them. Anyone know why? It's super annoying.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ah and because I was empty it creates one so I can take it. I'll go check and see how I can add the shortcut, it'll come in great handy I'm sure.

Do you often craft mid-fight? Otherwise just use the menu option. Takes a bit longer, sure, but it hardly matters if you're not in immediate danger. Can you even craft multiples with a shortcut?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Do you often craft mid-fight? Otherwise just use the menu option. Takes a bit longer, sure, but it hardly matters if you're not in immediate danger. Can you even craft multiples with a shortcut?

It seems I can. When I added the shortcut it asked me "select how many you wish to craft. One by one or all." I choose all. I'll go try it out and see if it crafts ten of them right away, if it does, it's a damn nice option for me. Yep I craft quite often on the fly during harder fights.

I love the Hornetaur armor, I wish the total defense wasn't so low though

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
When you beat the campaign youll enter the endgame where youll be able to get materials to unlock a bunch more layered sets

Which will be expanded further really soon! (the 24th to be precise)

OK, that's good to know. It'll be a while before I get there.

I'm now trying out different weapons in the training area because I'm getting a bit tired of the dual blades all the time. I'm thinking of the switch axe or charge Blade. Both seem kinda similar here and there, but what would be the better pick here? And what tree?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
OK, that's good to know. It'll be a while before I get there.

I'm now trying out different weapons in the training area because I'm getting a bit tired of the dual blades all the time. I'm thinking of the switch axe or charge Blade. Both seem kinda similar here and there, but what would be the better pick here? And what tree?

Switch Axe main here

What do you want to know?

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Does hunter rank go up in master rank quest? there is stuff I never got to see in high rank that i'd like to see still as well as doing some more missions to get the mantles and boosters i'm missing.