• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I'm hoping for. A ramp up to get me back in the groove. Really don't want to butt heads with AT level monsters while I shake the rust off.

I don't even plan to use meta sets (AT Nergi and Drachen) for early Master Rank stuff lol.

So how shitty is this gonna be for people who hated how difficult and troll-circlejerky* most of the post launch monsters in World were? It'd also be shit if this was designed expecting you to have extreme 500 hour grind gear. I put over 200 hours in and am end game but not like, the extreme bullshit that people still playing would have.

*Difficulty is fine, but monsters designed explicitly around how "LoL tHeYrE sO bRoKeN" or around mp like Behemoth suck ass.

Master Rank early to mid stuff are balanced around people who only cleared Xeno in the story (who don't even augment their armor). Also early Master Rank armor will probably outclass the best High Rank armor DEF wise.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From playing the beta the monsters seem easier than tempered elders/deviljho that we got in the end game. I beat Banbaroo and Tigrex on my first try, and while I haven't beaten Velkana yet that's more due to the 15 minute time limit than the difficulty of the fight. I'd guess that the Iceborn endgame stuff will be just as hard or even harder than the base game endgame content though
That's a good sign lol, id rather an easy handful of monsters first that lead into the harder ones.
Different design team on this one (the original World team is presumably moving on to next-gen MH6) so they will likely take a different approach to balance and difficulty.
Hopefully they ease up on mechanics like Behemoth and the Leshen, and ease into the difficult shit better.

I don't even plan to use meta sets (AT Nergi and Drachen) for early Master Rank stuff lol.

Master Rank early to mid stuff are balanced around people who only cleared Xeno in the story (who don't even augment their armor). Also early Master Rank armor will probably outclass the best High Rank armor DEF wise.
Thank god, I completely ignored augmenting armor/weapons because that was waaaay too much of a grind.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
MR armor will outclass Gamma/Drachen in the long run, if only for DEF reason (and MR armor have level 4 Jewel slot).
It will be outclassed almost immediately based on some of the details that have been leaked from review copies. In defense especially
Beotodus armor's defense in BASE form (no upgrades) is 116 per piece. Beotodus was describe by the devs as the first new monster you face in iceborne. Current endgame armorsets Base per piece is 72 and maxes out at 92, so almost right away you'll be able to have 120 MORE total defense with just the Beotodus set with zero upgrades.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
  • You can now craft a variety of layered armor.

Do we know what this entails yet? is there a full transmog system or just more layered armor?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • You can now craft a variety of layered armor.

Do we know what this entails yet? is there a full transmog system or just more layered armor?

We're not entirely sure. We know you can craft a lot of layered armor. A Capcom rep said on a stream that we can't craft every armor, but the exact extent is currently unknown.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
it's like they want to show off they can do snow as good as any other

Fnvzw6J.gif

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played since like Kulve Tarroth was released. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get back on the saddle.

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PC 2020
why capcom :((

I don't have time to start from scratch on consoles so I just gotta wait

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. I finished up a lot of the extra challenges I wanted to do a while back with the series of festivals they had going on, I'm ready for my snow area and everything else.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I heard you can upgrade current weapons in the expansion.
You heard? Was World your first Monster Hunter game? To answer your question yes you can players have always been able to upgrade their High Rank equipment into their G/Master Rank equivalent. Just be aware their might be some weapons that don't have a Low/High Rank equivalent and start off as a Master Rank weapon when you first craft them

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else starting from scratch? Lost my original save file so it's going to be a long slog.....

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
It will be outclassed almost immediately based on some of the details that have been leaked from review copies. In defense especially
Beotodus armor's defense in BASE form (no upgrades) is 116 per piece. Beotodus was describe by the devs as the first new monster you face in iceborne. Current endgame armorsets Base per piece is 72 and maxes out at 92, so almost right away you'll be able to have 120 MORE total defense with just the Beotodus set with zero upgrades.

Just saw that info, jesus that is massive increase especially compared to non-augmented, fully upgraded armor. I was expecting the early MR armor to be around 80-90 base DEF lol

----------

Just skimmed through the leak in reddit. Am hyped for

Metal Raths

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
I'm struggling to get the clutch claw and high damage mine down on LBG. If I have my gun out and press LT + B, the mine flies out(instead of the claw). It only does like 77 damage. Sometimes I've seen it do 400+ What's needed to make this function?

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
HR 76 here, been going back and forth over whether or not I want to jump back in but...fuck it, why not. MH has always been one of my favorite franchises, would feel wrong not to be there day one for this.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has the performance been improved In terms of FPS for this expansion?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I'm struggling to get the clutch claw and high damage mine down on LBG. If I have my gun out and press LT + B, the mine flies out(instead of the claw). It only does like 77 damage. Sometimes I've seen it do 400+ What's needed to make this function?

Press R3 when aiming with Bowgun to swap to Clutch Claw aiming.

As for the new Wyvernblast mine, you need to time it so that monster hit (and trigger) the mine before it explode by itself. For example, shoot it right when Banbaro raise it's head to slam the boulder, if the boulder slam hits the mine (before it explode by itself), it explode for massive damage.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how they're fixing the biggest flaw with monster in the world in expansion. Wonder what they're going to do for world 2.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, I beat the final monster in the base game then dropped it. Will my hunter rank be high enough to start the expansion (can't remember what rank I was)?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I beat the final monster in the base game then dropped it. Will my hunter rank be high enough to start the expansion (can't remember what rank I was)?
Yep. You can jump into the expansion as long as you've beaten the final boss. They're even giving out a free armor set to help people manage to break into master rank just in case your armor set isn't up to snuff.

Summoner

Nov 4, 2017
For those of us who bought the original game........If we buy Iceborne(on disk) will it just upload the expansion only?
I have shitty Aussie internet and I'd rather not download the whole expansion and wait hours for it to be playable.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
So the livestream is about 40 minutes away. I think this is the first time there's no English one beside it? Maybe this is just gonna be a recap stream for Japan since we been getting all the news before them?

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how long would it approximately take to get to the new content when I start vanilla fresh?

Because I never played on ps4 so obviously no save file but I think I should be plenty fast with the experience I have from the PC version.

Like 2-3 days (a couple of hours /day) I'm guessing?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never bought MH: World but pre-ordered this. Looking forward to all the content :)

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for this, been blitzing the tempered and AT monsters since my return after a year long hiatus. All farmed up and ready, could do with some more zenny though...

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
So how long would it approximately take to get to the new content when I start vanilla fresh?

Because I never played on ps4 so obviously no save file but I think I should be plenty fast with the experience I have from the PC version.

Like 2-3 days (a couple of hours /day) I'm guessing?

About 25 hrs or so I would say, my playthrough was more 45ish to beat the boss if I remember correctly but did farm a few of the monsters for armour but the new helper system should speed that up.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question regarding preordering in PS4, I tried to open the preorder page to check how long until preload up (been doing it regularly since June), but now each time I try open the preorder page, it throw me back into PS4 home menu, highlighting the base game. Is this normal ? This is the first time I preorder DLC. I can open the Deluxe page just fine (and it tells me I can't purchase it because I already preordered the standard edition).

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Such a wonderful OT, BDS.

Very much looking forward to Iceborne, even thought I might not be able to play it day 1.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Can't wait. MHWorld is top 5, probably top 3 for me this gen, put so many hours into it and still play is regular since release. Just a shame the PC version is still not day and date with the consoles, it was so hard going back to the base PS4 after playing PC all of this year. It's too far away to wait though so console version will have to do!

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Press R3 when aiming with Bowgun to swap to Clutch Claw aiming.

As for the new Wyvernblast mine, you need to time it so that monster hit (and trigger) the mine before it explode by itself. For example, shoot it right when Banbaro raise it's head to slam the boulder, if the boulder slam hits the mine (before it explode by itself), it explode for massive damage.

Thank you!!

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
The performance won't be changed, right.

The beta looks and runs like a different game on Xbox One X (framerate mode). The difference in Ancient Forest is night and day compared to the shitshow that World was. Same on PS4 Pro but this time it feels like Capcom actually gave a fuck about the Xbox version.