• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I have the option of getting this on X or Pro. Was there ever a consensus on which is the best platform and mode for someone who's frame rate sensitive?

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
The optional quest line that has you capturing monsters for the researcher unlocks a special monster in the 5 star quests. Beating said monster will get you a new mantle that is very useful for certain quests.

Make sure you do all the quests for the chef as they unlock ingredients for the canteen.

Thanks for the tips!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling when your doing a Master Rank Azure Rathlos investigation that has only 20 minutes...

And you managed to capture it with 12 seconds left to spare.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
These events times are so wonky.

If they're going to make a basic "Hunt Rathalos and Lavasioth for nothing special" event last until the end of the year, why not do the same for every event?
Maybe (hopefully) since its new they just arent giving spoilers of new equipment? Hopefully... Doubt it though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
same! just want to enjoy the expansion. In the base game I rushed to the end game. after creating the weapons/armors i want. i started to find the game boring for me. I will now change my gaming approach to this expansion!

Even crazier are the people that just bought MHW and are asking how quickly they can get to Iceborne. They just bought the game, what do they care about getting to the new content? The old content is new content!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lightning damage has served me very well in Iceborne, effective against a lot of the new monsters

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I think theres a bug with the hammer unless i missed something.

Pressing LT after a full brutal charge swing makes you hit a bunch of times (small damage numbers) for no reason , i think it's because of the new move.

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, fucking had Barioth with the skull on his face and mega bombed him, then got wiped after getting killed twice while stunned. So frustrating

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Just got this DLC. I didn't eat, and have crap gear since I haven't played since I beat Xeno, and I'm stuck in this limbo for the first monster fight.

There's no time limit, I can't quit and I have unlimited tries no matter how much he knocks me out.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
How do you get more pendants? Only got one so far (Bronze Hunter) and I cannot make any or seem to find any others. Is it random?

People already at MR50 in Era group and here I am MR7 and I just spent 2 hours taking pictures of cats.

Yeah, I've put in like 30+ hours and I'm still MR7, hah. Actually enjoying going after the original monsters in MR and racking up the new armour/weapon materials in Optionals, Investigations, Events, building out my house, etc. etc. Barely scratched the surface and taking my time!

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
God damn, fucking had Barioth with the skull on his face and mega bombed him, then got wiped after getting killed twice while stunned. So frustrating
I always go for a capture whenever I can, especially in MR where monsters still have a ton of HP left after they go to sleep.

This is the best advice. If it's like the base game, you have better chances at good rewards from capturing also, on top of it being quicker/safer. Just throw a couple tranq bombs on the monsters head while it's asleep and immediately put a shock trap under it.

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
This is the best advice. If it's like the base game, you have better chances at good rewards from capturing also, on top of it being quicker/safer. Just throw a couple tranq bombs on the monsters head while it's asleep and immediately put a shock trap under it.

Well shit - knew i was forgetting something. Thanks!

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

ezexcz5hwel31.jpg

(Funny pic from reddit)

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I think theres a bug with the hammer unless i missed something.

Pressing LT after a full brutal charge swing makes you hit a bunch of times (small damage numbers) for no reason , i think it's because of the new move.
What happens is after you clutch onto the monster you perform the aerial spin attack while traveling from you position to the monster's. Or is something else happening for you?

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone having trouble with the sos feature? No one seems to join my iceborne rooms.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Hoo boy, powered up Zinogre in HDR. Lots of people were disappointed that he(along with Super Saiyan Rajang and some others) isn't "colorful" enough in World. It's great, you just need the proper viewing experience, not washed out YouTube videos. He and Namielle are wondrous to behold.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
For some reason I feel like the bow is getting the shaft, especially when concerning finding a good armor set-up for it. It feels like there are plenty ways to play if you are using melee or even stuff like lbg/hbg, but bow is just really kinda limited.

Don't know why, I just kinda feel that way. Maybe it's just my imagination.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finally started Iceborne. That Beotodus sure didn't go gentle into that good night because damn, that hunt took a while.

Nice new house btw, although I personally prefer them a bit smaller. The Private Quarters in Astera were pretty much perfect, with the best music as well. I wonder how the rest of the fleet feels about your hunter living in a mansion while they rot in a tightly crowded bunkhouse...

And nice of the game to immediately give you a nice set of layered armor. A good thing my character looks damn good in white, even if I do say so myself.

I always go for a capture whenever I can, especially in MR where monsters still have a ton of HP left after they go to sleep.
Plus it just feels more ethical. I had to kill this Beotodus because I used my only shock trap too soon, but it left a bad taste in my mouth like killing monsters always does.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
For some reason I feel like the bow is getting the shaft, especially when concerning finding a good armor set-up for it. It feels like there are plenty ways to play if you are using melee or even stuff like lbg/hbg, but bow is just really kinda limited.

Don't know why, I just kinda feel that way. Maybe it's just my imagination.

No it's not your imagination. There are setups but every one comes with many slots of skills that I don't want locked in. My favorites so far are 4pc Namielle beta with Teostra beta gloves. I get 5 Constitution, 3 Stamina Surge, 3 Weakness Exploit, but have to just accept Blight Resistance, Heat Guard, etc. I'm also a fan of Velkhana beta Helm and Waist with 3pc Nargacuga. Crit Element and True Razor Sharp with Blast Coating give a ton of dps. That one gives me a lot more damage but I have to use external Stamina management(Dash Juice, Wiggly Litchi). Either way, it seems completely optimizing for damage/crit is going to be nearly impossible, and we'll have to build for QoL that increases dps/uptime with a couple utility skills thrown in.

Finally started Iceborne. That Beotodus sure didn't go gentle into that good night because damn, that hunt took a while.

Nice new house btw, although I personally prefer them a bit smaller. The Private Quarters in Astera were pretty much perfect, with the best music as well. I wonder how the rest of the fleet feels about your hunter living in a mansion while they rot in a tightly crowded bunkhouse...

And nice of the game to immediately give you a nice set of layered armor. A good thing my character looks damn good in white, even if I do say so myself.

Plus it just feels more ethical. I had to kill this Beotodus because I used my only shock trap too soon, but it left a bad taste in my mouth like killing monsters always does.

The fleet stood by while I killed Nergigante and Xeno'jiiva. I earned that hot spring on my balcony.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
No it's not your imagination. There are setups but every one comes with many slots of skills that I don't want locked in. My favorites so far are 4pc Namielle beta with Teostra beta gloves. I get 5 Constitution, 3 Stamina Surge, 3 Weakness Exploit, but have to just accept Blight Resistance, Heat Guard, etc. I'm also a fan of Velkhana beta Helm and Waist with 3pc Nargacuga. Crit Element and True Razor Sharp with Blast Coating give a ton of dps. That one gives me a lot more damage but I have to use external Stamina management(Dash Juice, Wiggly Litchi). Either way, it seems completely optimizing for damage/crit is going to be nearly impossible, and we'll have to build for QoL that increases dps/uptime with a couple utility skills thrown in.

Yeah, it does feel that way, isn't it.

I have a bad hunch about it when I see Legiana's set armor that gives bow bonus at 3 but none of the skills for them are good for bow users, hahah.

Probably I'm going to use Head Velkhana, Armor Velkhana for Critical Element... none of the skills they have (Divine Protection and Quick Sheath) are really optimal for bow... especially Quick Sheath, meh.... and then the Namielle pants + Legs for element acceleration and those two give stamina surge and constitution... don't know yet about the hand armor, since Nergacuga gives 2 stamina surge that has already been given by Namielle's leg.

Large Elder Dragon Gem, do you need to get it from Guiding Lands or any of the Master Rank Elder Dragon is suffice...?

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, it does feel that way, isn't it.

I have a bad hunch about it when I see Legiana's set armor that gives bow bonus at 3 but none of the skills for them are good for bow users, hahah.

Probably I'm going to use Head Velkhana, Armor Velkhana for Critical Element... none of the skills they have (Divine Protection and Quick Sheath) are really optimal for bow... especially Quick Sheath, meh.... and then the Namielle pants + Legs for element acceleration and those two give stamina surge and constitution... don't know yet about the hand armor, since Nergacuga gives 2 stamina surge that has already been given by Namielle's leg.

Large Elder Dragon Gem, do you need to get it from Guiding Lands or any of the Master Rank Elder Dragon is suffice...?

Any MR will do. I farmed old faithful Teostra(even though he got some upgrades in MR, still probably the easiest/fastest one) for mine. I'm pretty sure Namielle and Velkhana can drop it too, if you'd rather do two things at once. I need to get on farming Velk but it's so stressful lol. Like Shrieking Legiana that can actually kill me.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Played SP for the first time yesterday. Got destroyed by Brachy and Uragaan.
Definitely a different game if you're by yourself lmao

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017

Humbling experience for sure. Especially when your cat faints and you get all the attention until it comes back. Some of these MR monsters HP bars seem balanced around 4 player though.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side I got two mantles from Acidic Glavenus

On the bad side it makes me want to fight Acidic Glavenus again

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Broke down and picked up a SSD because I know I'm going to be playing this for months upon months.... wow, glorious under 10 seconds to load into a quest. So wonderful!

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

The first time I see three monsters duking it out at the same time, and then it happens again and again when I hunt Solo, is the moment where I said to myself, fuck it, not gonna try solo too much, lol.

Not even Elder dragon hunt is safe now, as I just found out last night....

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Can people from nat 1 and nat 2 play together? Yesterday the game felt so empty, i flared sos and almost no one came

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan

I will never understand this.

When I play online and the monster goes to sleep because it's low on health, other players will ALWAYS try to mega bomb it, and I'm like WHY AREN'T YOU USING TRAPS WE CAN END THIS RIGHT NOW AND GET BETTER REWARDS.

Is there something I'm missing!? I guess it's better if you're looking to break particular parts for their rewards!?

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
The first time I see three monsters duking it out at the same time, and then it happens again and again when I hunt Solo, is the moment where I said to myself, fuck it, not gonna try solo too much, lol.

Not even Elder dragon hunt is safe now, as I just found out last night....

Wait, do non-Elders Turf War with Elders now or something? I haven't seen anything around at all when I'm fighting Elders.