• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You need the best streamstones for T12 gear, and you can only augment gear once to raise the upgrade limit. But you can augment any gear and raise the armor considerably.

You'll also be able to swap some of the Tigrex gear for stronger Brute Tigrex gear and keep the free meal bonus.
are those streamstones still doing simply tempered hunts?

And nice, did not know! Brute tigrex appears on guiding lands?

btw i think you have the Infinite wisdom glaive, i thought it had purple sharpness, but its really only white

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wish we could farm Nourishing Extract. Tailrider Safari is super inconsistent. I've been using regular armorskins and demondrugs for a while now.

I guess I'm going on a Kelbi killing spree. I need them horns.
I hate it so much when you find a safari route with two Kelbi slots and the little fuckers come back with 10 prized pelts and 0 horns.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
are those streamstones still doing simply tempered hunts?

And nice, did not know! Brute tigrex appears on guiding lands?

btw i think you have the Infinite wisdom glaive, i thought it had purple sharpness, but its really only white
Yeah Brute T shows up at MR70. You need to raise the Rotted region for him to spawn but there's also an event quest that may be up, or you can just join another player's GL.

For purple sharpness on Infinite Wisdom you need a chunk of Handicraft, so use the charm. I still need to fully upgrade that charm, it's expensive as hell. Even with that charm, you only get a little bit of purple so it won't last unless you have Master's Touch or Protective Polish.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should learn from monster Hunter frontier and allow you to buy almost all of the field use items.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I've been saving my megadrugs and meal vouchers for... some incredibly difficult future thing, I guess. I should swap megadrugs into my default item loadout for a while, and start burning through this massive pile of gourmet vouchers.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Had to do a double take on that quest...

A few days away...

EDIT

Am I reading this right? It's only available for 2 days? O__O
AcD6WBk.png

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah Brute T shows up at MR70. You need to raise the Rotted region for him to spawn but there's also an event quest that may be up, or you can just join another player's GL.

For purple sharpness on Infinite Wisdom you need a chunk of Handicraft, so use the charm. I still need to fully upgrade that charm, it's expensive as hell. Even with that charm, you only get a little bit of purple so it won't last unless you have Master's Touch or Protective Polish.
thanks for everything.

Man I kinda wish it was more like optionals and investigations.

I miss just fighting a monster, having a countdown, 30-50 minutes, and were 2-3 faints and game over. I know faints in guiding lands means less rewards, but it all feels like meh, idk, maybe ill get over it

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Okay so fighting Namielle for the first time,it was going well until he/she did that pummel on the ground with shock/thunder whatever that killed us all...I was full on health,which granted isnt much for now(almost at 800)but damn,does he/she does that when it is enraged or close to dying or getting weaker...? we had been fighting for 25 minutes at least...I added thunder resist stuff now,even on my vitality mantle but that only works when its active...

Spotting him for the first time was great though,just sitting there ;)

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so fighting Namielle for the first time,it was going well until he/she did that pummel on the ground with shock/thunder whatever that killed us all...I was full on health,which granted isnt much for now(almost at 800)but damn,does he/she does that when it is enraged or close to dying or getting weaker...? we had been fighting for 25 minutes at least...I added thunder resist stuff now,even on my vitality mantle but that only works when its active...

Spotting him for the first time was great though,just sitting there ;)

He does it sometimes when leaving an area, do a superman dive and you'll live unharmed.

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best way to gather threat level 2 tempered tracks? Should I go follow L2 monsters in Guiding Lands or just start up an investigation and follow the monster around? I've been meaning to fight Scarred Yian Garuga and trying to spawn him in GL is just not fun and some other factors leading me to waste a few hours today just trying to get the mats to upgrade my lbg and failing miserably. =/

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever used Dash Juice as a Bow user, I've always just had Constitution 4/5 *shrug*

If you want meta skills™ there is basically no way to get Constitution above 3 without making sacrifices to offensive efficiency. In fact apparently the current meta is to just go Constitution 1 and do both Dash Juice and Felyne Black Belt but that's just too much for me. I'm fine sticking with Con 3 and losing some DPS as long as there's no efficient way to farm Dash Juice or vouchers.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine sticking with Con 3 and losing some DPS as long as there's no efficient way to farm Dash Juice or vouchers.
Farming vouchers is easy with Steamworks, and can't you meld for Dash Juice?

Granted I'm not one to talk because I just zone out and don't even bother with basic upkeep like Might Seeds sometimes.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Farming vouchers is easy with Steamworks, and can't you meld for Dash Juice?

Steamworks, sure, you get a couple vouchers every time you hold down R2 for like five minutes, but it's still a bore.

Dash Juice can't be melded. Specifically, the Dash Extract you need can't be melded or purchased anywhere. You can sometimes get a couple from the argosy or tailraiders but it cannot be farmed en masse at botanical research.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
If you want meta skills™ there is basically no way to get Constitution above 3 without making sacrifices to offensive efficiency. In fact apparently the current meta is to just go Constitution 1 and do both Dash Juice and Felyne Black Belt but that's just too much for me. I'm fine sticking with Con 3 and losing some DPS as long as there's no efficient way to farm Dash Juice or vouchers.
i've never been a huge meta builder so instead of aiming for all offensive decos i just go for flexibility and survival and try to keep using the right element bow that also has decent affinity

any additional deco space goes towards weakness exploit (which i recently found out that i have 3 of??? when did that happen lol)

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Do the stamina use reduction song and the yellow bubble pools stack? If yes, what you need is someone dooting and forget about Dash Juice. :P
Any excuse to stan for higher HH usage.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
You could ask a friend to dupe some for you using the age old method. I feel no shame duping consumables if they don't give simple ways to farm them as they did in the old games.
  1. Find a friend that has a decent amount of them.
  2. Have them trade their whole stock to you.
  3. Friend quits without saving.
  4. Repeat until satisfied.
Only takes like 10-20 minutes to get a large supply that will last you a while.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Friends don't let friends dupe consumables.
IDGAF, really. :P More power to you if someone is willing to go through such a tedious task.
If Capcom cared about it they would enforce a save like when using daily vouchers forcing you to use cloud saves to bypass that, so they clearly don't care.

Plexippus

Jun 11, 2019
Dash Juice can't be melded. Specifically, the Dash Extract you need can't be melded or purchased anywhere. You can sometimes get a couple from the argosy or tailraiders but it cannot be farmed en masse at botanical research.

hmmm. im always melding my dash juice using the steam works voucher.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Had to do a double take on that quest...

A few days away...

EDIT

Am I reading this right? It's only available for 2 days? O__O
AcD6WBk.png

Seems like it's a bad information/translation, should have been "available starting on" instead of "available until".

What's the best way to gather threat level 2 tempered tracks? Should I go follow L2 monsters in Guiding Lands or just start up an investigation and follow the monster around? I've been meaning to fight Scarred Yian Garuga and trying to spawn him in GL is just not fun and some other factors leading me to waste a few hours today just trying to get the mats to upgrade my lbg and failing miserably. =/

Are you going to be online today around the time you posted this comment (11.46 PM GMT+8) ?

I think I have 1 Scarred Yian garuga investigation left, once you spotted it you can at least search SOS for it.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
So when are we getting Tempered Ruiner Nerg?

It's probably my favorite Elder to fight (just beating out Teo for the #1 spot) but I feel conflicted fighting it when I could fight the others and either have a chance to get Great Spirit Gems or much better decorations.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the base game yesterday and the last few fights were amazing. Vaal hazak was an amazing fight with all the particle effects and the last boss was just bonkers. I still have to hunt the pickle and do the witcher quest then I will slowly transfer into iceborne content.

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Are you going to be online today around the time you posted this comment (11.46 PM GMT+8) ?

I think I have 1 Scarred Yian garuga investigation left, once you spotted it you can at least search SOS for it.
Thanks for the offer. I just went crazy after that post and hunted tracks for lv. 2 temp monsters for an hour and I finally got the investigation and managed to get mats for the upgrade.lol RNG can be so nasty. T_T

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the base game yesterday and the last few fights were amazing. Vaal hazak was an amazing fight with all the particle effects and the last boss was just bonkers. I still have to hunt the pickle and do the witcher quest then I will slowly transfer into iceborne content.

Don't forget Lunastra, doing her questline also rewards one of the best Mantle in the game. Also would be agood idea to get all Palico gadget and mantle/booster before getting into Iceborne.

You are in for a treat when you get to Iceborne. Nearly all IB monsters I find better than vanilla monsters.

——-

Thanks for the offer. I just went crazy after that post and hunted tracks for lv. 2 temp monsters for an hour and I finally got the investigation and managed to get mats for the upgrade.lol RNG can be so nasty. T_T

Can you farm any Lv 2 Tempered track to get S.Garuga investigation ? Or only one in Ancient Forest ? I need tons of S.Garuga investigations for crown farming...

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget Lunastra, doing her questline also rewards one of the best Mantle in the game. Also would be agood idea to get all Palico gadget and mantle/booster before getting into Iceborne.

You are in for a treat when you get to Iceborne. Nearly all IB monsters I find better than vanilla monsters.

There are other palico gadgets?! How do I get different palico gadgets? I used the vigorwasp spray all game long for like 60 hours.

Oh and I liked almost every monster in the game except diablos and kushala daora. Those are more than annoying to fight with melee weapons.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Sometimes I join a player's guiding lands and they're just walking in circles at the camp. Obviously some sort of macro but why? Are they fucking with people by launching a flare and not playing? Is there an exploit for lurking in GL for hours?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I join a player's guiding lands and they're just walking in circles at the camp. Obviously some sort of macro but why? Are they fucking with people by launching a flare and not playing? Is there an exploit for lurking in GL for hours?

Not to my knowledge. That seems really odd but I dont really follow exploits for MH

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Not to my knowledge. That seems really odd but I dont really follow exploits for MH
If it was just people standing around I'd think nothing of it. People go AFK. But they're either walking a tight loop or spamming an emote, things that clearly are to prevent the game kicking them offline.

edit: only thing I can think of is they're trying to get certain monsters to spawn without having lures. But you can do that faster by switching between levels and checking the map each time.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If it was just people standing around I'd think nothing of it. People go AFK. But they're either walking a tight loop or spamming an emote, things that clearly are to prevent the game kicking them offline.

edit: only thing I can think of is they're trying to get certain monsters to spawn without having lures. But you can do that faster by switching between levels and checking the map each time.
Yeah but that requires you to keep your hands on the controller. This lets you AFK and still cycle through monsters.

Alternatively they could hope that people join and kill monsters while they're afk so when they report the mission they get a bunch of parts while doing fuck all to earn them.

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Can you farm any Lv 2 Tempered track to get S.Garuga investigation ? Or only one in Ancient Forest ? I need tons of S.Garuga investigations for crown farming...
What basically happened was I kept on repeating the MR4 Black Diablos quest and just followed him around praying an investigation would come up from picking up his tracks and then Scarred Yian Garuga finally appeared after some retries. I remember doing it for Kirin back in the base game for all those Elder Dragon investigations. T_T

Oct 29, 2017
I had fought every single monster in the game, even Rajang, besides Savage Jho. I finally did it now and I think I hate it lol. Carted 3 times, thankfully the investigation had a 5 faints limit.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
There are other palico gadgets?! How do I get different palico gadgets? I used the vigorwasp spray all game long for like 60 hours.

Oh and I liked almost every monster in the game except diablos and kushala daora. Those are more than annoying to fight with melee weapons.

You really want to get all those palico gadgets and level them up to max! You unlock the ability to grab an extra cat helper from their lairs or a tailrider-signal and get the tailrider-taming stuff at the same time, I need my mounts!
I still use vigorwasp the most though. It's nice to have a free faint-save and a bunch of heals lying around.

Use lance for diablos. It's really easy, especially with clutch claw counter. His underground attacks and massive hitboxes are useless against the lance's blocks.
Kushala can fuck off though, especially the tornadogeddon end-phase. I should really build a bowgun for it but I have no idea what I'm doing with them.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019

As mentioned, lance is excellent for Diablos. Also, sonic bombs are super effective. Sonic bomb while he's digging to get easy free hits everytime. In older games, this didn't work while the monster was enraged (which is most of the time), but they removed this immunity in World and it feels so broken since he so loves to spam dig.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
You really want to get all those palico gadgets and level them up to max! You unlock the ability to grab an extra cat helper from their lairs or a tailrider-signal and get the tailrider-taming stuff at the same time, I need my mounts!
I still use vigorwasp the most though. It's nice to have a free faint-save and a bunch of heals lying around.

Use lance for diablos. It's really easy, especially with clutch claw counter. His underground attacks and massive hitboxes are useless against the lance's blocks.
Kushala can fuck off though, especially the tornadogeddon end-phase. I should really build a bowgun for it but I have no idea what I'm doing with them.
Make the Rajang LBG and shoot stickies at Kusha's face then plant mines when he's down.
Make the Beotodus LBG and shoot ice wing to wing on Diablos.
Are there any Master Rank milestones between 70 and 99? Seems like I haven't seen anything since unlocking Region Level 6 for Guiding Lands.
No.

Last edited:

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Alright did the witcher quest tonight...and it was surprisingly hard. The leshen made me cart three times on my first attempt and I felt really embarrassed. Beat it on my second try in which I carted only one time. Really neat idea with the quest, I really liked it!