• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
just got the game.

played it for ps4 way back when it came out, but i decided to wait to play iceborne for pc. I gotta get busy farming if I wanna be prepared for the expansion.

Id imagine there are lots of Era people playing pc?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Leon armor. Very meh IMO but I bet there's some use for them.

image0.jpg

I much prefer Rocket GS to any of the ugly options we have now.
The slots are so scarce, they are not even enough for my decoration setting which is supposed to include health boost

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out you can get the Silver and Gold Rath Pendants from Tempered Investigations.

That's way easier than leveling up two regions to 7.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Turned the game on again after a brief hiatus to check out the new stuff and I'm kinda disappointed. The RE collaboration is pretty meh and I can't believe that they made the new charge blade worse than both Zinogre and Tobi Kadachi. It is nice to be able to upgrade wyvern ignition though.

Edit: After looking even wyvern ignition is pointless since immovable dharma is better

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed in the RE event also, honestly 2 layoured armours for each would have been better than a full set never gonna use and some random home items. I was expecting to be able to change room a lot more to a RE theme. Also the RE music options are awful because they used RE2make's trash themes instead of the originals.

Plexippus

Jun 11, 2019
I'm disappointed in the RE event also, honestly 2 layoured armours for each would have been better than a full set never gonna use and some random home items. I was expecting to be able to change room a lot more to a RE theme. Also the RE music options are awful because they used RE2make's trash themes instead of the originals.

yepp! i really didnt bother to complete all RE event i just get the badges that's all. xD

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

If its anything like how they did these in base MHW then the layered armors will come later in some endgame line of quests

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I just came back for the RE event. cleared MR99 nergi with a hammer after procrastinating a few weeks. What's the meta now for a LS or Hammer user?

I went against nergi with this:
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d3002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2694117634235225-private%2Fc264b6bc-7229-4693-a51a-b6400fa58295.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3Dvx4e1hPkIR%252BZqqkDpqOWjnZ7hZZrDOwjTB20ukTxeLs%253D.png

but also have a stronger build:
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d2002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2694117634235225-private%2Fe12c718b-d83f-49ee-9a08-04617c084422.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3DC7MFt5xT%252FIZqkIudBT%252BQZOoD6NvAvP50GWUnhVMe0tE%253D.png

with nergi unlocked and the the two Raths walking the guiding lands, is there something better to aim for?
Swap out Kaiser B chest for Rex Roar Chest B, Kirin Arms B for Kaiser Arms B, and upgrade your Handicraft Charm to IV. Gem for Critical Eye 7, Attack Boost 4, Handicraft 5, Weakness Exploit 3, Critical Boost 3, Non Elemental Boost, and as much Agitator as you can fit.

Also augment the hammer if you haven't done so yet. I'd go Affinity and then either Health Regen or Attack.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Swap out Kaiser B chest for Rex Roar Chest B, Kirin Arms B for Kaiser Arms B, and upgrade your Handicraft Charm to IV. Gem for Critical Eye 7, Attack Boost 4, Handicraft 5, Weakness Exploit 3, Critical Boost 3, Non Elemental Boost, and as much Agitator as you can fit.

Also augment the hammer if you haven't done so yet. I'd go Affinity and then either Health Regen or Attack.

thanks for the advice. Grinded out all of that yesterday. Still working on augments. Seems like tempered monsters are the go to for mats.

Siegmeyer

Nov 2, 2017
I think I am starting to hate Velkhana. Anyway, I did some hunts with lance and, goddamn, that weapon is legit.

Lance is amazing. First time I used it I hated it for how slow and immobile you are. Once I mastered the moveset I realised it's one of the most mobile in the game when you utilize the charge and also the advancing guard into lunging thrust to reposition.
I haven't used it much in Iceborne but it's still my most used weapon by at least 100 quests

Oct 29, 2017
Lance is amazing. First time I used it I hated it for how slow and immobile you are. Once I mastered the moveset I realised it's one of the most mobile in the game when you utilize the charge and also the advancing guard into lunging thrust to reposition.
I haven't used it much in Iceborne but it's still my most used weapon by at least 100 quests
I am still learning how to be mobile with it but yeah, positioning and how you can pinpoint damage output is amazing.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With all the insanity over the...issues with Pokemon lately, I just wanted to say how fortunate we are to have a developer who is trying to add as many old monsters as possible, regularly giving us free new content, and actively listening to fan feedback.

Yeah, the endgame loop is a bit rough and we still can't skip cutscenes, but...it could be a lot worse. A lot worse.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody i got the dlc and about to play it evenually but I have a few questions!
1) I have it on ps4 and I see there are now two separate trophy list can you still get the world trophies while playing iceborne? Or in general how do the two trophy systems work?
2) after playing iceborne is there a point to playing the base game content? I'm asking if I should play the events first or do you guys go back and forth to the dlc and base game.
3) How do all the cross over events work? I havent played since last December
Also I'm a level 38 character with around 480 defense playing as the insect class.
Thanks everybody I love this game but it confuses me sometimes :)

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Hey everybody i got the dlc and about to play it evenually but I have a few questions!
1) I have it on ps4 and I see there are now two separate trophy list can you still get the world trophies while playing iceborne? Or in general how do the two trophy systems work?
2) after playing iceborne is there a point to playing the base game content? I'm asking if I should play the events first or do you guys go back and forth to the dlc and base game.
3) How do all the cross over events work? I havent played since last December
Also I'm a level 38 character with around 480 defense playing as the insect class.
Thanks everybody I love this game but it confuses me sometimes :)
1) You can still get World trophies while playing Iceborne.
2) You may still want materials from the base game, so there is a reason to go back. You can decide if you'd rather play events now in World gear, or play them when you have Iceborne gear which makes them very easy.
3) They're just quests that you can play. At the end you get crafting material exclusive to that quest, and you can use it to craft gear for that event. Like right now, there's a Resident Evil quest that drops S.T.A.R.S. badges, and you can use them to craft gear, stuff for your room, and pendants to put on your weapon.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
1) You can still get World trophies while playing Iceborne.
2) You may still want materials from the base game, so there is a reason to go back. You can decide if you'd rather play events now in World gear, or play them when you have Iceborne gear which makes them very easy.
3) They're just quests that you can play. At the end you get crafting material exclusive to that quest, and you can use it to craft gear for that event. Like right now, there's a Resident Evil quest that drops S.T.A.R.S. badges, and you can use them to craft gear, stuff for your room, and pendants to put on your weapon.
Thanks so much! :)
Also do you find the gear in iceborne is vastly better then the gear in the base game?

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I needed some Nergigante tails for gear, so I did the high rank quest. His tail came off like it was made of paper, and he died in a couple of minutes.
Damm also I have this issue tonight i found I wasnt able to find any quests online to join in the base game. Is this normal now with the dlc being the focus?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
With all the insanity over the...issues with Pokemon lately, I just wanted to say how fortunate we are to have a developer who is trying to add as many old monsters as possible, regularly giving us free new content, and actively listening to fan feedback.

Yeah, the endgame loop is a bit rough and we still can't skip cutscenes, but...it could be a lot worse. A lot worse.
Yeah they are definitely building something special with this. cant wait to see what they do next. Especially when they have the new consoles to power the game up even more. Even more frames and monster movement to a pretty awesome set of animations.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish the less popular weapon type win the popularity contest (cough Fist Gunlance cough).

I imagine no one cares if they give it meta stats (because no one use them in the first place) and it could help boost the popularity of the weapon.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you on that one. I started using great sword the first time with the Ignition and liked it so much that I played thru MHGU with the great sword.

I hope the next contest winner is some ridiculous, over powered hunting horn.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Grandmeowster Chef hammer got fucking robbed.
Of all the contest items, this is the one I hope they sneak in later on. It's a really simple design that wouldn't be hard to add, and it's just a fantastic concept.
The gun-fist was the best design, but I imagine it's pretty hard to code all the animations it'd need.
And Deviljho-cowboy got robbed as the best palico gear.

I beat Ruiner Nerg last night. That is a seriously intense fight when he goes into full rage mode. Did it with Lance because I'm a coward. He's the only monster I've fought that can really hurt you if you counter-claw the wrong move. Taking half my health in chip damage is no joke!

I also had my first RE2 quest where Vaal actually went to an effluvium area instead of hanging around the acid lake. It's pretty much impossible to avoid being permanently zombified, but the zombie health regen in effluvium is really fast (I was also wearing vaal super-recovery gear). Using a GS with no damage reactions is dangerous, but means nothing can stop your true-charged-slash.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why am I unable to join Guiding Lands expeditions? The game says I haven't progressed enough in the story, but I'm at a higher MR than everyone in there!!!
Either it's a bug or you really aren't higher MR than the people in there. Rank 6 guiding lands are locked behind MR 70 and rank 7 guiding lands are locked behind MR 100. There are story quests you have to beat at MR 69 to get to MR 70 and at MR 99 to get to MR 100

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Ruiner Nerg turned up in my first MR100 GL expedition, so I had a go with the GS. It was surprisingly easy, though largely because of the Shieldspire Stooge. If you get lucky and it deploys against a wall, then nerg won't move around that much and you have the openings for a lot of TCS. You'll get caught in some of his big hitbox attacks, but he doesn't follow up and it's easy to heal.

I also fought him in the Coral area with a glider mantle. It feels great to have a better flying divebomb and shoulder charge than Nerg himself.

Then I joined an MP session and met Scarred Yian Garuga. That fight went less well. I've never seen so many people faint in such a short time.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hi, quick question: does the Master Edition of Iceborne come with everything on disc, or is it just the base game + a DLC code? I've been playing the base game and want to upgrade to Iceborne, but I'm something of a stickler for physical media.

Also: if you have Iceborne, are all of the weapon changes (LS sheath stuff, etc.) available in the base game, or just Iceborne?

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That's not because of Iceborne, it's the side-effect of being a man made of coffee.
Ha, but I actually moved from coffee to green tea :P Maybe I should consider a name change.

So what are the opinions on Iceborne overall? Does it have enough end game content or do you quickly get to a point where the monsters aren't a challenge anymore?

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Ha, but I actually moved from coffee to green tea :P Maybe I should consider a name change.

So what are the opinions on Iceborne overall? Does it have enough end game content or do you quickly get to a point where the monsters aren't a challenge anymore?
Even with maxed defense on your armor a Master Rank T3 can still one or two shot you. Endgame is much improved from World imo.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, quick question: does the Master Edition of Iceborne come with everything on disc, or is it just the base game + a DLC code? I've been playing the base game and want to upgrade to Iceborne, but I'm something of a stickler for physical media.

Also: if you have Iceborne, are all of the weapon changes (LS sheath stuff, etc.) available in the base game, or just Iceborne?

It's all on disc, though already has been significant content patched in since the disc release.