• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wow, you can turn regular Safi'jiiva materials into weapons at the melder, and you can meld Safi weapons into upgrade/augment material. Haven't tried it yet since I want the armor set first. But it's a lot better than letting the mats go to waste in your chest after you don't need them anymore. I think I still have like 1300 scales and 1700 golden nuggets from Kulve Taroth...

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wow, you can turn regular Safi'jiiva materials into weapons at the melder, and you can meld Safi weapons into upgrade/augment material. Haven't tried it yet since I want the armor set first. But it's a lot better than letting the mats go to waste in your chest after you don't need them anymore. I think I still have like 1300 scales and 1700 golden nuggets from Kulve Taroth...

Yeah, it seems to be giving a LOT more chances for rolls because the rolls are kinda awful. I pumped my potential to level 20 (max) and was still getting 3 star rolls. ☹️ Have a feeling it's going to take a while to minmax the weapons.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay the big eyeball on the Safi Charge Blade that is just kinda... out there when you store phials is an absolute nightmare.
Oh and the Longsword doesn't have a sheathe? Hmmmm I dunno about all these weapons.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The tune played by the Safi HH is godlike.

And hey, look! A badass looking SA!

Edit: You can actually customize your song list through upgrading the HH. That's amazing.

Edit 2: Holy shit, weapons apparently change appearance at a sufficiently high awakening level. The hammer looks downright evil:

mszq4yathb441.jpg

From Reddit.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Almost done with my hammer. Dropped the special skill in favor of a flat affinity increase since it lets me wear whatever I want.

nJPiBBI.jpg

That said... Do I really want to use this...?

JYo2oD8.gif

banter

Jan 12, 2018
If the seeker's comments about something coming for the humans isn't foreshadowing Fatalis, something is wrong! I'm stoked!
Love the siege, wish I had more people to do it consistently with! (Me and one friend spent 4 hours doing it by ourselves, just the two of us 😅)

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just beat him. LS looks SICK

Woah that eye!
When you charge the hammer, the charge effect won't cover the eye so you really have it looking at you at all times. I can't check now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually tracks the camera, like how Shara's eyes do.

I've seen some of the other awakened weapons on reddit and man, they really knocked it out of the park with these designs.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Almost done with my hammer. Dropped the special skill in favor of a flat affinity increase since it lets me wear whatever I want.

nJPiBBI.jpg

That said... Do I really want to use this...?

JYo2oD8.gif

Something to be said for smashing things with a giant eyeball on a stick I guess. I hope the bows don't look like that though ha ha.

Looking forward to trying this out when I get back tomorrow.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Made a hell of an awesome Hunting Horn as my first customized weapon. Even got the Tigrex essence on it so I can keep my free meal level 3 without having to keep 3 pieces of the Tigrex armor on anymore. I think I'll try to make my perfect gunlance next.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I have barely done anything with my Safi GS and it's already better than the Nergy GS. marginally more raw and 23% affinity, and I have a ton of room to upgrade it further.

This thing is gonna be so broken.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I didn't play yesterday because I'm in the UK and was trapped in a personal hell dimension of grief and rage, but I'm looking forward to playing this evening. Is the consensus that everything is fucking awesome?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't play yesterday because I'm in the UK and was trapped in a personal hell dimension of grief and rage, but I'm looking forward to playing this evening. Is the consensus that everything is fucking awesome?
I played a bit last night and it seems everything can be awesome but it'll take some work and luck to get there

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wait wtf happened? I goot a pool of weapons but it only got 3 of them? I lost all the LSs!

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that in no place they tell you that.

Why the fuck they would change that from Kulve when it looks the same way.
Probably to avoid the insane inventory spam that Kulve caused. You can ensure you get a particular weapon type by doing the siege with that weapon type equipped. So if you need an LS, do it again with your LS.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Minus a lunch break I've basically played through Safi sieges for 6 hours. The rewards are quite nice, the only problem I have is that all my weapons will look the same come january. Gonna do the weeklys now for a change of pace.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that in no place they tell you that.

Why the fuck they would change that from Kulve when it looks the same way.
They actually do tell you, there's a pick 3 message next to the weapon window, but I made the same mistake the first time. Don't sweat it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Probably to avoid the insane inventory spam that Kulve caused. You can ensure you get a particular weapon type by doing the siege with that weapon type equipped. So if you need an LS, do it again with your LS.

I did use LS, I saw 2 LS but I couldn't grab them. That was annoying as fuck and should be mentioned somewhere...

oh well, atleast the fight wasn't so bad, killed it with randoms first try. His AT baby version would kick his ass.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I did use LS, I saw 2 LS but I couldn't grab them. That was annoying as fuck and should be mentioned somewhere...

oh well, atleast the fight wasn't so bad, killed it with randoms first try. His AT baby version would kick his ass.
Yeah I don't know what the UI is like because I haven't done the fight yet, but if it doesn't make clear that you need to choose three weapons, that's shit. I only know from reading news about the siege.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know what the UI is like because I haven't done the fight yet, but if it doesn't make clear that you need to choose three weapons, that's shit. I only know from reading news about the siege.

Its has a giant counter on the left side telling you how many picks you have left

It is easy to accidentally press the button on the wrong weapon though with no reversal option so be careful

Hopefully they update this selection prompt in a future update

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Got Safi Venomblade (and fire and thunder), I suppose it's one of the good ones. I don't really understand this ability system though lol

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we just stack 4 elemental bonus and a Namielle essence and then more elemental augments on top if we want to go full element with CB? Or maybe swap an element out for affinity? Hmm