• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Define significantly worse
How are they not? Sure they have more affinity but it's so ridiculously easy to get 100% affinity on tenderized parts that you really don't need it. They do a ton less damage and have basically the same amount of purple. And level 3 slots are stupid. I'd honestly take the 2 levels 1's from Shara any day.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Repeat after me.....This game needs a universal transmog feature, for every weapons and armors.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, people can use whatever they like.

But why would you when there's a clearly superior weapon available?
rsz_5e2a508b37c6a.png

benj

Oct 27, 2017
damn, these gold/silver tickets from steamworks turn out some pretty good decos. is there anything I should do to maximize gaining them, or do I just do the steamworks whenever its fuel is maxed out and otherwise not sweat it?

also, none of the base game meld options can turn out 4-slot gems, right? I've been wondering if I should be melding. I basically don't need any of the base game's decos, so it's only worth it for me if I can get 4-slots

also, does anyone know if you can get Blackveil Vaal's Shadowpierce Fangs as an investigation reward, or if they're only for breaking the head? I only need fangs, and am having trouble finding investigation SOS's—lotta optionals and assigneds, though, wondering if I should just go for those

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
damn, these gold/silver tickets from steamworks turn out some pretty good decos. is there anything I should do to maximize gaining them, or do I just do the steamworks whenever its fuel is maxed out and otherwise not sweat it?

also, none of the base game meld options can turn out 4-slot gems, right? I've been wondering if I should be melding. I basically don't need any of the base game's decos, so it's only worth it for me if I can get 4-slots
If you have access to the guiding lands you can mine for coal there. You can pretty easily get 10s of thousands of fuel there.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can't get them from the base game meld options, but you can get them from the two Iceborne options that require bones from the Guiding Lands.

What you can't get from the melder at all are rarity 12 feystones that contain the best decos. This is a big change from the base game, where every deco was theoretically available from the melder if you were lucky enough.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017

Haven't played in a while, what are these tickets?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played in a while, what are these tickets?
Steamworks give tickets you can use at the melder. There are three tiers of tickets. The first tier seems to give 1-slot decos mostly (but the droprate must be pretty good, I got an Attack in my first ~10 decos), the second tier seems to give 2- and 3-slot decos, the third tier seems to give 4-slot decos.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just hold R at steamworks or is there a benefit to actually pressing the buttons?
I know that when the cats appear I should start kind of paying attention.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correction on the platter, the daily skills aren't set for special occasions like I thought. I just happened to have parting gift and defender Hi on mine hehe.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Yuuup... Two loops around the Guiding Lands and I had 1,400 fuel. Gonna farm so many decos during this event.
jesus. I should try to get there before the event expires I guess, I've been kinda lollygagging the last few days not doing story stuff. what's the requirement for guided lands? and how long is the event up for?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
it seems insane that after 260 hours with this game, I still somehow have to farm HR Jyura. I think it's maybe the only monster I've never ever done hunts for fun against because it's just so boring, so every time a weapon I'm crafting requires LR/HR Jyura stuff I have to actually go out for it. I don't really mind stomping all over it with an MR Switch Axe, but I'm honestly surprised I don't have a huge backlog of Jyura stuff because I feel like I've farmed it soo much.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Anything stopping me from cheesing the ticket deco melding by loading up an old cloud save? Or did they seed your decorations like in the wyverian ritual?

Edit: apparently not possible

Last edited:

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is the overdrive bonus for the Steamworks determined? Does it change every time you return from a quest, or is it daily?

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap Barioth is tough as a hammer user. Ended up joining someone else's run and the three of us captured it with less than 10 minutes left!

My first run no one responded to my SOS. :(

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap Barioth is tough as a hammer user. Ended up joining someone else's run and the three of us captured it with less than 10 minutes left!

tbh I'd think the whole expansion from Barioth on would be pretty tough as a hammer user, but I haven't used hammer much so I wouldn't really know

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
tbh I'd think the whole expansion from Barioth on would be pretty tough as a hammer user, but I haven't used hammer much so I wouldn't really know

'it's not. As a hammer main I've booped everything a few times. It's mainly RT level 2, clutch claw, weaken. r2 level 3, clutch claw weaken. almost the whole fight a hammer user should be airborne and softening the monster.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017

The trick to him is breaking both of his arms. He'll slow down a lot and start stumbling. Learned this way after my first fight with him and tried it again to see and it made it so much easier.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
just beat Nergi and Shara

had absolutely no idea that Shara was coming straight after Nergi. fun surprise, probably would've picked...different gear

Shara was pretty fun and crazy to fight knowing absolutely nothing about them beforehand, but boy I hope I never have to farm them for anything. I'm sure in multiplayer you can blast them down, but that was like a half an hour fight for me

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
just beat Nergi and Shara

had absolutely no idea that Shara was coming straight after Nergi. fun surprise, probably would've picked...different gear

Shara was pretty fun and crazy to fight knowing absolutely nothing about them beforehand, but boy I hope I never have to farm them for anything. I'm sure in multiplayer you can blast them down, but that was like a half an hour fight for me
When you do it again there'll be no Nerg. Shara has one mat, the Tenderplate, that's a real pain to farm because you have to break his head and it's really easy to accidentally kill him before you break it. I made a special partbreaking hammer set just for that task. You need that part for all his weapons, some of his set, and some charms.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I've unlocked pretty much none of the stuff from events so this is incredibly handy.
No problem!

benj

Oct 27, 2017
guess I'll try to stick with CB until MR 70, because none of its sets seem to need Shara and I am pretty totally disinterested in farming that thing

I'm sure I'll have to do it here and there for stuff but not something I'd like to be running much in the foreseeable future

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
'it's not. As a hammer main I've booped everything a few times. It's mainly RT level 2, clutch claw, weaken. r2 level 3, clutch claw weaken. almost the whole fight a hammer user should be airborne and softening the monster.
Is there any other way of getting airborne besides the downhill air spin attack and jumping off ledges? I need to work on my clutch claw timing as well...