• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Make sure you equip at least 1 point of botanist for the Icebloom quest so you get 2 iceblooms per harvest. Can finish the quest in like 20 seconds if you go to camp 15

studknckl

Oct 27, 2017
I've already sunk a ton of hours into this. Folks weren't kidding about the amount of content added. That said, I do feel like the endgame is a bit clumsy in its design. Sorta frustrating at times.

my advice is to never run guiding lands solo. Just jump into other's sessions via sos.A full room can take out monsters quickly. I usually jump in and run several hunts in under an hour. Solo you might get two in and they would be a chore.

some of the most fun I have had in iceborne has been in the guiding lands.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
bringing waterproof mantle and turning player silhouettes on removed most of the annoyance on namielle for me. having to keep the wounds up so much is a little tedious, but it's mostly a fun fight i thino

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
my advice is to never run guiding lands solo. Just jump into other's sessions via sos.A full room can take out monsters quickly. I usually jump in and run several hunts in under an hour. Solo you might get two in and they would be a chore.

some of the most fun I have had in iceborne has been in the guiding lands.

I think it's just not clear how certain mechanics work. Sometimes I'll lure out a monster that I don't have a lot of lures for and it arrives for a minute and immediately leaves? When I'm in other folks' groups, does reporting affect my region progress or theirs?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I hated Namielle until I got a really good Fire PEP CB build. Now I can clear it super fast with no real issue.

It eats so much damage from SAEDs and it's got mad weakness to fire when it's wet, which will be most of the fight.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. I wanna get the Guild Cross layered armor but I HATE being forced to use weapons I dont like. Arena quests having exclusive upgrade materials is such shit.

Jan 4, 2018
I've been swapping between Hunting Horn and Hammer regularly and every time I go "Oh my God this is so much better" and then after like a dozen hunts I think "Let me switch back for a bit" and repeat the process. It's nice to have them both in my rotation for variety's sake.

Any Hammer recommendations? Just finished making Velkana, Brachy, and Rathalos. Want to make Zinogre's for the Thunder coverage and Vaal Hazak for the aesthetic. Currently working towards Acidic Glavenus hammer for raw damage

Oct 29, 2017
I did Greatest Jagras for the first time today and got not only my first crit boost deco but the second one too. Nice, I might prefer it to the tickets even.

studknckl

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's just not clear how certain mechanics work. Sometimes I'll lure out a monster that I don't have a lot of lures for and it arriv es for a minute and immediately leaves? When I'm in other folks' groups, does reporting affect my region progress or theirs?

reporting impacts your level even if you are in someone else's session. If you want to jump in and help someone but don't want your levels to be impacted you can freeze yours temporarily.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I see why people bitch about Namielle, what an annoying fucking fight.
I didn't realize people had issues with them. I run a fire bow and, like Velkhana*, both of Namielle's wings are connected for wounding. So all I got to do is two weapon attack clutch claws every 90 seconds on either of their wings to make like 80% of their body weakened. Pair that with Namielle's having so many attacks that are perfectly safe to ride out on the wings, it's trivial to keep that uptime rolling.

*Velkhana's marginally harder, just because they require you to break their wings the first time before you can even get crit bonuses off wounded wing shots, but thats usually remedied through like 15 blast coated arrows anyway.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
if I have pretty much no good gems and I'm looking for stuff like weakness exploit and crit boost, should I just be doing the Greatest Jagras quest?

If so, is there anything special to it other than just fighting it and picking up the drops? Any way to make the drops better quality?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The lavasioth event has better gems but was more annoying.

Apparently farming grinding lands for ore is the way to go, dragonvein coal chunks and steamworks for tickets.

Oct 29, 2017
if I have pretty much no good gems and I'm looking for stuff like weakness exploit and crit boost, should I just be doing the Greatest Jagras quest?

If so, is there anything special to it other than just fighting it and picking up the drops? Any way to make the drops better quality?
I got a weakness exploit from a steel ticket from the steamwork too and you get dozens of them

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I'm an idiot, I spent a good 20 minutes farming for VIP tickets with the oolong set, I didn't realize the set bonus is only for the vip joyful tickets 😑

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I would do the guiding lands + steamworks method over Jagras, if you have access to it. Seems to give a lot of great decos easily. More so than Jagras, which mostly gives a lot of lower tier decos like elemental resist and such.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a good list of what I should do in this Appreciation Festival as someone who missed almost all of it since launch? There are so many event quests it just seems overwhelming

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

That or just get a good mining route and use Steamworks.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I think he's one of the easier elders since he's sort of square shaped and slow. But I can't for the life of me dodge his drop down nuke. Does that have a tell I can prep for?
It makes a distinctive noise when it takes off for the nova. More than enough time to sheathe and superman in most scenarios.
I've been swapping between Hunting Horn and Hammer regularly and every time I go "Oh my God this is so much better" and then after like a dozen hunts I think "Let me switch back for a bit" and repeat the process. It's nice to have them both in my rotation for variety's sake.

Any Hammer recommendations? Just finished making Velkana, Brachy, and Rathalos. Want to make Zinogre's for the Thunder coverage and Vaal Hazak for the aesthetic. Currently working towards Acidic Glavenus hammer for raw damage
You only really need Kurogane (II) until you can get Acid Glav imo. Element on Hammer is never really worth it.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
before I craft the Guild Palace CB for looks/fun, are any Guild Palace weapons best-in-class? anything i should make sure to craft from fest tickets?

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
The amount of good decos you can get from steamworks with silver / gold tickets is wild.

Last night my haul included:
3 Attack
3 Handicraft
3 Focus
2 Critical Boost
and a ton of other good stuff.

I have a full set of just about every pre-IB deco at this point. It's not a reliable way to get 4* decos, but if you had any gaps left from vanilla you'll fill them incredibly quickly if you've been farming GL even a little bit.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The amount of good decos you can get from steamworks with silver / gold tickets is wild.

Last night my haul included:
3 Attack
3 Handicraft
3 Focus
2 Critical Boost
and a ton of other good stuff.

I have a full set of just about every pre-IB deco at this point. It's not a reliable way to get 4* decos, but if you had any gaps left from vanilla you'll fill them incredibly quickly if you've been farming GL even a little bit.
Yeah, it's crazy good for filling gaps.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Ugh. I wanna get the Guild Cross layered armor but I HATE being forced to use weapons I dont like. Arena quests having exclusive upgrade materials is such shit.
I feel the same way. I did the AT Kushala quest and was lucky enough to get two Kushala tickets on my first try, but then I saw I needed five arena coins! Really took the wind out of my sails.

But the Guild Cross armour does look really cool though...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
wow, I should've been using AED in my Savage Axe rotation this whole time. was mostly using normal attacks and elemental discharge. these are...some big numbers, especially considering how easy they are to put out and how low the opportunity cost of using AED is

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I think he's one of the easier elders since he's sort of square shaped and slow. But I can't for the life of me dodge his drop down nuke. Does that have a tell I can prep for?

Yeah, Namielle will do a distinct animation where it goes on its hind legs, then flies up a little off the ground in order to slam down and light up the area with electricity. When it's up in the air, I do the superman dive as the invincibility window is large enough that you'll avoid all damage. It's more consistent for me than trying to get out of damage range.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I play with the sound off because I usually listen to podcasts or tv...

Thanks Capcpom :|

So do I. The sound is at the same time as the huge wind up fly animation, you aren't missing out on some huge tell. You can tell it's about to happen if she's been at Max fire aura for a good minute or so. Have some battle awareness and don't commit to any huge animation commitments when the time is near.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's such an amazing feeling to know that you've just saved someone from carting with your mega potion. Wide range is so good.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've done this Floral Frostbite quest with full Astral armor like six times and I haven't received a single VIP ticket. Did they change the drop rate on these things? It took me like ten minutes to farm five tickets last festival.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I've done this Floral Frostbite quest with full Astral armor like six times and I haven't received a single VIP ticket. Did they change the drop rate on these things? It took me like ten minutes to farm five tickets last festival.
I'm two for two on Duffel Duty so the armour definitely works. You're just having a run of bad luck.

studknckl

Oct 27, 2017

when I ran it this morning I got one vip ticket per trip. I suppose they could have pushed a change with the daily update this afternoon.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
PwzyAPR.gif

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yanno, i think part of why i haven't been AEDing much is that it's for some reason the only input in this game that i sometimes whiff on. it feels like sometimes it just...doesn't go through and I SAED instead, it's odd. i'm sure it's a timing thing. REALLY devastating to accidentally AED instead of SAED on savage axe, though

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Does anyone have a good list of what I should do in this Appreciation Festival as someone who missed almost all of it since launch? There are so many event quests it just seems overwhelming
some1 posted this on the mh discord
i click and made my own copy to track what im missing. primary doing the quest for weaps and layer armor only. dont care about the low/high rank armor gears no more

friend got a string of badluck too. only got 2 ticket then like 7 straight frostbite quest 0

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
some1 posted this on the mh discord
i click and made my own copy to track what im missing. primary doing the quest for weaps and layer armor only. dont care about the low/high rank armor gears no more

Awesome thanks. I kind of want to do the old stuff I missed even though I'm in MR now but its just so much I know I might burn out on it. I'm just starting Iceborne too so trying to get through that as well and just had all this festival stuff come out of nowhere.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
PSA for PC players, the guild weapons are probably the best weapons you can have before safijiva, even potentially better than your gold rathians

Last edited:

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Man, I think I need to look into changing from the Charge Blade or doing something different. I've beaten Glavenus, narca and barioth but both Narca and Barioth have felt like i barely squeezed by and won by luck. I feel like the damage is way too high and I'm not good enough at either guard pointing or dodging. Tigrex seems the same way.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Man, I think I need to look into changing from the Charge Blade or doing something different. I've beaten Glavenus, narca and barioth but both Narca and Barioth have felt like i barely squeezed by and won by luck. I feel like the damage is way too high and I'm not good enough at either guard pointing or dodging. Tigrex seems the same way.
As a Charge Blade main i'd say hang in there if this is your first encounter with those namely narca and barioth be patient and Savage Axe mode is your friend not sure which CB you're running but their quite easy with alot of tells for alot of Charge Blade abuse make sure you're clutching them and their front legs to make them immobile and keep wailing on them till they run out of stamina for lots of openings