• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the main story... Apparently my hunter isn't very good at finishing off monsters.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tend to only clutch when the monster doe that drooling with the head to the side thing. Give you enough time to clutch to the face and run into a wall without any flinging off.
Hrmm, yeah that is pretty safe. I think I just get a bit panic filled and waste good chances.

Also, on a side to this. I think Bows should have the same ability as Bowguns and have their coatings with higher capacities.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So you know what's actually a really fun build? Not like an insane good build or meta or whatever but just fun?
That build from the Zinogre arena for the greatsword where you have 100% draw affinity and adds stun to draw attacks and uses the impact mantle. It's hilarious. So fun to knock a monster out multiple times with a damn greatsword.

Agreed. Ran that quest a bunch of times and I really enjoyed it. Very fun build.

Just finished the main story... Apparently my hunter isn't very good at finishing off monsters.
That scene was just baffling, especially after how quickly you dispose of Ruiner Nergigante in the previous battle. Like, I know it was supposed to be a story version and all that, but jeez, you don't bury a monster that hard just to push them for no good reason at all.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
That scene was just baffling, especially after how quickly you dispose of Ruiner Nergigante in the previous battle. Like, I know it was supposed to be a story version and all that, but jeez, you don't bury a monster that hard just to push them for no good reason at all.
Well, Nerg's whole deal is regeneration and we don't know what's up with Shara.

Makes more sense than the Lunastra special assignment having you kill Teo and then find him chilling in the special arena.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm finally trying out hunting horn and I gotta say, I'm having a ton of fun with this. As someone with 750+ hunts with both hammer and insect glaive I kinda find hunting horn to kinda be a strange combination of those 2 playstyles. The buff upkeep of the insect glaive coupled with the head smashing of the hammer.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal to only have like... 3 things under Master Rank and 1 thing under Low/High Rank for layered armors on PC? Are there just not many released or do I have to do side quests to unlock them?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Is it normal to only have like... 3 things under Master Rank and 1 thing under Low/High Rank for layered armors on PC? Are there just not many released or do I have to do side quests to unlock them?
There isn't much layered armor available to craft until you get to Guiding Lands and even then I'm not sure if it's on PC yet, it took a title update or two before consoles got it.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
New PC patch just dropped.

x7NVq6i.png

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
There isn't much layered armor available to craft until you get to Guiding Lands and even then I'm not sure if it's on PC yet, it took a title update or two before consoles got it.

I just finished the story and discovered the Guiding Lands but haven't done anything there. Guess it is time to wait.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i crafted and upgraded all the new weapons from this event, and i got that one guild armor set (i dont remember what its called or if its new with this update)
getting the arena coins was a pain

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Chuckled just a bit too hard at how true some of these are :D

Holy shit. This is amazing.

Also taught me some meta shit I didn't know about. Glider mantle here I come.

Edit: Oh my god. Claw attacking a sleeping monster into barrel bombs is genius. Why haven't any of the randoms I've played with online been doing this?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
I'm getting a Missing File Privileges on my Steam downloads for the update and I've tried like all these fixes and still can't get it to work.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Finally got a group together to take down extremoth... sure am glad that's over. Ancient Leshen is still my most hated though.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Dealt with rajang all weekend for the buff set and post story stuff. Sick of him and bet my friends are sick of me saying "oh he big mad"

Last edited:

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
beat Namielle. I'm loving the new monsters, including the variants. Some of these attacks of theirs are amazing to see, like bazelgeuse's new dive bomb is ridiculous, lol. Anyway, it seems I can't play the game without having evasion +5, I just gotta have it or I'll feel really vulnerable against some of these monsters.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
So I finished the main story and the first few hunts in Iceborne. I still have my Defender Switch Axe but I'm not sure what to do. I want to craft a different Switch Axe but are there any new base weapons to start from in Iceborne? Or do I need to start from the original weapons and craft like that?

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
What LBG build is it talking about? Every Sticky one I've seen has been the Rajang LBG.
I assume this video was made before the Rajang patch, and before the new meta of Safi aquashot.
So I finished the main story and the first few hunts in Iceborne. I still have my Defender Switch Axe but I'm not sure what to do. I want to craft a different Switch Axe but are there any new base weapons to start from in Iceborne? Or do I need to start from the original weapons and craft like that?
It's just like going from low rank to high rank. You can (and should) upgrade your old weapons. You also get some "shortcuts" at the forge to directly craft a lot of entry level master rank weapons.
At the start, you'll only be able to directly forge master rank metal and bone rarity 9's. As you fight more monsters, you'll unlock rarity 9 versions of other weapon trees.

I don't know about switch axe, but for most weapons, you should mine some ore in Hoarfrost reach and craft the master rank metal weapon (and upgrade it as much as you can). The basic metal weapons are some of the best you can get until you have enough parts to max out other monster trees, since you can usually craft a higher rarity level in metal.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
I assume this video was made before the Rajang patch, and before the new meta of Safi aquashot.

It's just like going from low rank to high rank. You can (and should) upgrade your old weapons. You also get some "shortcuts" at the forge to directly craft a lot of entry level master rank weapons.
At the start, you'll only be able to directly forge master rank metal and bone rarity 9's. As you fight more monsters, you'll unlock rarity 9 versions of other weapon trees.

I don't know about switch axe, but for most weapons, you should mine some ore in Hoarfrost reach and craft the master rank metal weapon (and upgrade it as much as you can). The basic metal weapons are some of the best you can get until you have enough parts to max out other monster trees, since you can usually craft a higher rarity level in metal.
Okay thanks for the info! I'll have a look tonight.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019

Chuckled just a bit too hard at how true some of these are :D

Man, the constant search for slinger ammo is too real. Playing Bow and Gunlance is the worst in this regard. Constantly need more slinger to keep Thousand Dragons and Wyrmstake blast prepped in addition to flinchshots. Makes me play pretty damn recklessly trying to clutch claw off slinger pods at times.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
How many items are the unity tickets needed for?
- space lord hammer
- witcher sword and shield
- zirael dual blades
- dante charge blade

anything else?

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So what's the consensus for using Free Element on the guild palace weapons? I've been slapping together some Free Element stuff for my sns build with it just so I don't have to mess around with a different water sword.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The quest that gives unity tickets looks like the kind that returns about every month or two, though. Unlike the seasonal tickets that you have to wait a year for if you missed them when they were available.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations for the next weapon I should learn after Hammer? I've put about 100 hours into Hammer and dabbled with the other weapons in the training area but can't really decide on one. I know I'm not into the ligher/faster weapons like S&S, Insect Glaive, and Dual blades. I really like the crunchy hits the Hammer gets in on the head, so I'd like something like that but with different moves and stuff.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Anyone have any recommendations for the next weapon I should learn after Hammer? I've put about 100 hours into Hammer and dabbled with the other weapons in the training area but can't really decide on one. I know I'm not into the ligher/faster weapons like S&S, Insect Glaive, and Dual blades. I really like the crunchy hits the Hammer gets in on the head, so I'd like something like that but with different moves and stuff.
I'd say Great Sword or Charge Blade. If you like applying buffs to teammates, maybe the Hunting Horn.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Hunting horn has a simple moveset but it has the same satisfying hits that cause stun damage. The whole song concept provides an interesting twist. It might be for you especially if you hunt in groups.

Other than that, GS is a slow heavy hitter that is very satisfying. It does sever damage rather than blunt like the hammer/HH.

Also I recommend switch axe to everyone because it's the most fun IMO. You should try it.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Finally started doing better against Barioth and Tigrex with charge blade. Practiced my guard pointing while staying on the monster and just took a little more time to let the monsters tier themselves out. May not be getting huge speed but only died once on tigrex and once in three times on Barioth.

Oct 27, 2017

Gunlance with Long shelling. Wyvern Stake Blast is life.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the consensus for using Free Element on the guild palace weapons? I've been slapping together some Free Element stuff for my sns build with it just so I don't have to mess around with a different water sword.
I'd steer clear of free element and use an elementless jewel to buff the raw damage. I didn't really even look at the element stats on the weapons but I'd assume there are better elemental weapons that don't require 3 levels of free element.