• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
anyone possibly give me an invite to the monhun era squad on PS4? Would be down for some hunts/crown hunting this weekend :)

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
EDIT
I mean like it's my most played game this gen and everything requires the spamming or holding down Right Trigger which is the button that's most affected.
WHzj2sg.png
At that much time it could just be regular decay lol, though I'm only like 500 hours behind(which probably make up for playing fighting games) and still using the same controller since MH launch. Though the only thing I mash to in MHW are Rajang and Jho's grabs.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couple of questions.

1. Did online ever improve in the regard to breaking parts and cutting tails? I felt like it took FOREVER to get a tail cut when the game was first out and sometimes the monster would get killed before that even happened.

2. Did quests take near the full time when you first got in to master rank? I nearly timed out on the Barioth quest the first time. I have stepped up my game in maximizing the new systems in World and subsequent quests have gone a bit faster. That Narga quest is beautiful insanity.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Couple of questions.

1. Did online ever improve in the regard to breaking parts and cutting tails? I felt like it took FOREVER to get a tail cut when the game was first out and sometimes the monster would get killed before that even happened.

2. Did quests take near the full time when you first got in to master rank? I nearly timed out on the Barioth quest the first time. I have stepped up my game in maximizing the new systems in World and subsequent quests have gone a bit faster. That Narga quest is beautiful insanity.
Kinda depends on the monsters, some have easy tail cuts, some not so easy. But mostly it depends on the people. If you have 3 people who can cut the tail but you're the only one on it, it makes perfect sense it'll be challenging to do before the monster dies. You're not meant to do 1/4 of the damage on the tail and get the cut on everything, people are supposed to focus it together. Still for the most part I've seen most monsters get their tails cut unless it's a resistant one or no one else is helping at all(not even random hits because they're close).

Time depends on people I think, I've seen people mention they were taking 40+ mins on most hunts and struggling, personally I think 20mins is the most I got and most of the hunts were ~15mins while lvling.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Couple of questions.

1. Tails and parts are very easy to break if you work together, but one player hacking at a tail while the rest ignore it means that tail is staying put.

2. Yeah some of my early IB hunts took a while. I'm not sure how much was down to my rusty skills, and how much was due to my underpowered gear.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Part breaker 3 + Greatsword + TCS is the only way to cut tails if you are the only one attacking it with almost 100% of certainty in my experience.

is there room for a peasant like me in the squad xEik ?

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I usually have great experiences with randoms but I just had like five Quest Faileds trying to farm Teostra today. 😬

Frustrating to spend like an hour and a half and coming out with basically no mats.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Part breaker 3 + Greatsword + TCS is the only way to cut tails if you are the only one attacking it with almost 100% of certainty in my experience.

is there room for a peasant like me in the squad xEik ?
I'm off to sleep now. We can try to meet tomorrow. It's a bit annoying that invites don't work asynchronously.

xEik ClearMetal

When do you guys want to do AT Kulve next week? I am busy on Tuesday and Thursday, but the other days should be fine.
I'm fine any day. Tomorrow should be fine as well. As long as the time is known in advance, there should be no problem.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of questions.

Barioth was the same for me as well - easily the longest quest I've done. Have to say I hate his design in general. He makes Bazelgeuse look fun and welcoming.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm off to sleep now. We can try to meet tomorrow. It's a bit annoying that invites don't work asynchronously.

I'm fine any day. Tomorrow should be fine as well. As long as the time is known in advance, there should be no problem.

Tomorrow as in 16th or 17th? :D If it's the former I am not available then, but Monday would work for me.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Tomorrow as in 16th or 17th? :D If it's the former I am not available then, but Monday would work for me.
I meant Sunday but given that it's not possible for you, let's try Monday. If anyone wants to Kulve for the layered armors, raise your hand. Well probably be playing at about 19:00 or 20:00 UTC.
Monday should be fine for me as well. There may be a 10% it isn't, but I will let you know Monday afternoon if I can't join you after all.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i just made the velkhana hunting horn, which is the first horn i have made with health boost.

if your team is already at 200hp, does health boost act as a heal or does it do nothing?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
i just made the velkhana hunting horn, which is the first horn i have made with health boost.

if your team is already at 200hp, does health boost act as a heal or does it do nothing?
iirc the base melody acts as heal, the encore does nothing in that case. You can't use it as a permanent heal song to my knowledge, you will have to wait until the effect wears off first

Deband

Oct 29, 2017
I need some light bow gun advice guys. I'd like to try it and I have access to most of the game, but I don't want to just make the safi gun and be done. Any suggestions to start out, sets or weapons. Ta

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Something great I learned about the Insect Glaive just yesterday:
As long as the triple buff is active each point in flinch free also gives you a point in earplugs, tremor resist and wind resist. Which makes flinch free 3 always useful in my opinion.
And if you bring flinch free 3 and earplugs 2 you become immune to roars as long as you have the triple buff.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Something great I learned about the Insect Glaive just yesterday:
As long as the triple buff is active each point in flinch free also gives you a point in earplugs, tremor resist and wind resist. Which makes flinch free 3 always useful in my opinion.
And if you bring flinch free 3 and earplugs 2 you become immune to roars as long as you have the triple buff.
While you can make a set that's a lot more efficient for these, I never use earplugs personally and flinch free isn't really, well, free.

I've played a lot of IG recently, fell back in love with it even though I hadn't really played it much since HR leveling back in the vanilla days(was the 2nd weapon I used after Dual Blades in LR, and I used IG until I found the Lance and just played that for a long time).

The weapon has a bunch of micromanaging but my current setup feels good to play still, I have power prolonger 3 and otherwise a fairly offensive setup(generic teostra garuga rajang with the usual suspects). The big things that make it feel better are the longer buffs from PP3 which lets me not worry too much about gathering extracts and the high base affinity of the royal glaive, 15% base with good purple, I have 65% with crit eye, affinity augment which means I have 95% affinity on weak points with wex without tenderizing(could substitute a crit boost for agitator for 100% but doesn't seem worth it). So I don't spend too much time tenderizing parts and do it more organically when an occasion presents itself, and that makes the whole light weapon tenderizing shit not feel as bad.

The free release setup I use for this:
anlSk9v.png

The non elem version replaces a free release by non elem, drops the fortify release for steadfast+ and replaces the last free elem by a normal steadfast to add stun immunity. I think there's probably ways to optimize the handicraft without using the charm since I don't need 40 hits of purple but it's more comfy when I decide to hit a non tenderized non weakened part and lose sharpness.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I'm not hugely enjoying the new monsters from Iceborn. Have hit the part where you fight Barioth / Nargacuga / Glaenus / Tigrex in a row, and there's only so many "massive monster than runs around really fast and crushes you" design I can take. Three of them feel like basically the same monster, and I seem to spend ages just chasing the fuckers around the fight as they move so fast.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I'm not hugely enjoying the new monsters from Iceborn. Have hit the part where you fight Barioth / Nargacuga / Glaenus / Tigrex in a row, and there's only so many "massive monster than runs around really fast and crushes you" design I can take. Three of them feel like basically the same monster, and I seem to spend ages just chasing the fuckers around the fight as they move so fast.

For me, the worst part by far is the emergence of a ton of monsters having the sweeping, full length Xeno'jiiva beam attacks. That coupled with MH i-frames being garbage on most things makes the spamming of these types of attacks really annoying.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
For me, the worst part by far is the emergence of a ton of monsters having the sweeping, full length Xeno'jiiva beam attacks. That coupled with MH i-frames being garbage on most things makes the spamming of these types of attacks really annoying.
Superman dive or invest in Evasion. Heck, for a lot of those attacks, you can just sheath and run up to the monster's face to avoid the beams, assuming you're not using something like GL or HBG.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Going back to Bow now that I have Silver Rath unlocked has been quite rough xD the slinger/claw controls really don't fit well .....

I'm really warming up to CB too, but I really need to complete all the optional quests first and upgrade my mantles first.

And thinking we have another festival on the horizon on PC, too much stuff to do !

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Superman dive or invest in Evasion. Heck, for a lot of those attacks, you can just sheath and run up to the monster's face to avoid the beams, assuming you're not using something like GL or HBG.

Yeah, I can dodge them on LS without much issue by superman diving (or Foresight Slash if I see it coming). On HBG it sucks even with Evade Window and Extender sometimes.

What I do in HBG, provided I see it in time, is use the giant rolls from Evade Extender to try and get up the the face as mentioned.

Last edited:

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this Kulve Taroth siege worry doing after you hit master rank? I've been away from the game for a while and I'm not really sure what I'm doing or how to play with others during it.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I can dodge them on LS without much issue by superman diving. On HBG it sucks even with Evade Window and Extender sometimes.

What I do in HBG, provided I see it in time, is use the giant rolls from Evade Extender to try and get up the the face as mentioned.
I can see it being an issue if you don't have shield up but if you do have it as a deco it's pretty easy for HBG to just ignore all that crap and block them, most monsters don't chip that bad on beams(obviously don't try it on Shara) so it's fairly easy. Without the deco though it's quite a bit more of a problem on HBG.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Question for anyone here. I am playing through the story of iceborne with friends rn and I've read a bit about the guiding lands (upgrading the different regions, etc) but I don't have a clear picture yet. Are there still investigations in the guiding lands or just expeditions? Are there any weapon augmentations to farm like there were in the base game? If not, what is the point of tempered monsters anymore?

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Question for anyone here. I am playing through the story of iceborne with friends rn and I've read a bit about the guiding lands (upgrading the different regions, etc) but I don't have a clear picture yet. Are there still investigations in the guiding lands or just expeditions? Are there any weapon augmentations to farm like there were in the base game? If not, what is the point of tempered monsters anymore?
Just expeditions but they drop unique mats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gAWRSi7OAkJAM4dWPt5d1JEFF0iKQ_44ec9uVwW_yX4/htmlview
Second one isn't 100% up to date with the new land info but it's still good.

If I just got a Guiding Lands region to level 7 should I fix the region levels if I'm trying to make certain monsters spawn there?
Not needed but it helps if you don't want it to delevel it accidentally. All mons have a regions they can spawn in and exclusive ones level up area only. ( this goes for tracking footprints too)

They work in tandem as far as the endgame is concerned. You still need investigations for tempered monsters to get as many opportunities at decorations as possible, in addition to a couple of other endgame materials that are exclusive to them as completion rewards, but you do also need to fight tempered monsters in the Guiding Lands for their dropped materials, since they're required for higher levels of augmentations.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
My GL has L7 coral and wasteland. Tempered Gold Rathian showed up for the first time last night, so I called in an SOS. Since not many people have Wasteland 7 and Temp.Goldian, it filled up super quick.

Then Temp. Silverlos showed up. I assume this only happens when Coral is L7 too, though I've never seen Silverlos go to the wastelands before.

I have never seen a tougher fight, or more faints. Crazy fire damage everywhere and those spinning attacks coming from multiple directions meant that even my lance was getting wrecked (even with high fire resistance). The two raths together are just relentless and leave you very few openings. I think the best solution is to mount one ASAP and just ride it as long as possible to keep it out of the fight. Luckily they fought next to the big cliffs for easy jumping attacks.

Anyway, I've ticked T.Goldian off my list, so I think I'll de-level the wastelands and go for a new region now.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up 3 Greatspirit Gems within seconds of each other from Velkhana shinies.

That thing can burn in Hell btw. :)

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an online website that can let me create and plan armor combinations? I can't do it ingame, its too overwhelming.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
just got through MWH content and started Iceborne. Holy shit HR gear does not cut it lol. Is the Astral set the best MR early set to make? I think I have enough gratitude tickets. Also, does anyone have an early MR weapon recommendation for HH, Bow or SA?