• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
just got through MWH content and started Iceborne. Holy shit HR gear does not cut it lol. Is the Astral set the best MR early set to make? I think I have enough gratitude tickets. Also, does anyone have an early MR weapon recommendation for HH, Bow or SA?
For HH The bone set and bone or metal HH are good to start with.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I need some light bow gun advice guys. I'd like to try it and I have access to most of the game, but I don't want to just make the safi gun and be done. Any suggestions to start out, sets or weapons. Ta
When you say "the safi gun" I assume you mean a Sticky 3 Aquashot build but the other Safi LBG's are, for the most part, top class for each ammo type. Bowgunning is usually about picking a single ammo type you want to specialize in and building a set around that.

Sticky 3: Aquashot
Spread 3: Drakshot or Blackwing Bowgun II
Spread 2: Frostshot
Pierce 3: Aquashot
Pierce 2: Boltshot
Normal 2: Drakshot
Thunder: Adept Stormslinger (PS4 only) or Boltshot
Fire: Hellshot
Water: Aquashot
Ice: Frostshot

Builds: https://imgur.com/a/EtU0FXU

Hope you have plenty of Safi mats hanging around.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
OK, now I need to make a female Hunter with HBG/LBG to cosplay Lady Eboshi in-game and hunt Banbaro. Thanks a lot, xEik.
Even since my PSP days I've had my female ranged character (I also had a male melee character back then when armors were separate) named Nausicaä. I don't think she would be OK with killing so many monsters but it's clear that the film is an important inspiration to the creators of the game.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I've been given the green light for tonight, Zhao_Yun and xEik. How late do we start? I'm available from about 19:30 - 20:00 UTC, but later is fine as well.
I'll probably be online from 18:30 UTC so anytime is fine for me. I'd like to stop by 22:00 or 23:00 UTC at the latest, I gotta get up early tomorrow. A pause somewhere in the middle for having lunch would be good as well. Yeah, I know we have dinner incredibly late in the Mediterranean coast for northern European standards. XD
If anyone in the thread wants to join today's Kulve to get your layered armor, you are more than welcome to do so. Even more so if we take into the account that there's only three of us confirmed so far. :P

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've been given the green light for tonight, Zhao_Yun and xEik. How late do we start? I'm available from about 19:30 - 20:00 UTC, but later is fine as well.

19:30 UTC should be fine for me :)
Is there anything I need to know for AT Kulve? I just assume that using Partbreaker will be useful just as with Safi

I'll probably be online from 18:30 UTC so anytime is fine for me. I'd like to stop by 22:00 or 23:00 UTC at the latest, I gotta get up early tomorrow. A pause somewhere in the middle for having lunch would be good as well. Yeah, I know we have dinner incredibly late in the Mediterranean coast for northern European standards. XD

My Spanish colleagues always complain about German dinner time (usually between 6 and 7 local time), so I understand :P

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Is there anything I need to know for AT Kulve? I just assume that using Partbreaker will be useful just as with Safi
The few times I've done it I haven't noticed anything particularly different other than the rage phase in the end where there's increased lethal lava puke and it feels more aggressive. I cannot even tell if it has a greater health pool.
Breaker I think is definitely important but never having farmed Kulve further than to get its armor I'm far from being knowledgeable for the fight other than elemental weaknesses.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Should we do it in the era squad session or look whether there is a kulve session going on to make it faster? could still set a password for our party so that we won't have any randoms.

Oct 27, 2017
When you say "the safi gun" I assume you mean a Sticky 3 Aquashot build but the other Safi LBG's are, for the most part, top class for each ammo type. Bowgunning is usually about picking a single ammo type you want to specialize in and building a set around that.

Sticky 3: Aquashot
Spread 3: Drakshot or Blackwing Bowgun II
Spread 2: Frostshot
Pierce 3: Aquashot
Pierce 2: Boltshot
Normal 2: Drakshot
Thunder: Adept Stormslinger (PS4 only) or Boltshot
Fire: Hellshot
Water: Aquashot
Ice: Frostshot

Builds: https://imgur.com/a/EtU0FXU

Hope you have plenty of Safi mats hanging around.

On PC, so no Safi for me. Need some good LBGs for Sticky 3, Spread 3 and Pierce 3. What say you?

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
guys quick question. I already have Mon Hun for PS4 but with my Plus expiring soon...I was wondering how good population wise is it on PC? Is it still active? I just looked at that Steam Sale and I'm very VERY tempted to double dip.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's been such a long time since I fought Kulve. I wonder if I can stick with Safi's blast hammer for the entire fight, or if I should switch to Velkhana's ice hammer for the last phase just for that little bit more potential DPS.

I should also remember to slot in two Heavy Artillery (cannon damage) decos and maybe wear the HR Kulu arms in the 1st phase.

Yeah, I know we have dinner incredibly late in the Mediterranean coast for northern European standards. XD
Just another reason for me to move to the Mediterranean. People here always look at me funny when I tell them I eat around 19:00 local time. Here in the Netherlands it's 17:00 or bust, and maybe 17:30 if you're feeling rowdy.

So yeah.

Dinner break tonight works out for me as well because I can walk my dog then.

Should we do it in the era squad session or look whether there is a kulve session going on to make it faster? could still set a password for our party so that we won't have any randoms.
We might as well look for a dedicated Kulve sessions first. If it doesn't work out we could always go back to the squad session.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
19:30 UTC should be fine for me :)

My Spanish colleagues always complain about German dinner time (usually between 6 and 7 local time), so I understand :P

Kulve has several attacks that can one shot you back to camp. I'm kinda glad I got no more reason to do it anymore. Safi is enough of a headache at times.

EDIT
Partbreaker and stun
wPR6sR0.gif

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Søren has been joining the Era session quite regularly these days. I don't know if they would be interested in the siege. I'm not even sure who that is here because I haven't been able to easily match a username, either via hunter name or PSN.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
People talking here like having dinner at 7 pm is late when the usual here is 8 or 9 pm.
I'll love to join the KT session but 20:00 UTC is 4pm that's too early for me :'(

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
People talking here like having dinner at 7 pm is late when the usual here is 8 or 9 pm.
I'll love to join the KT session but 20:00 UTC is 4pm that's too early for me :'(
It's not unusual for me to have dinner at 23:00 local. The good/bad things about living alone.
We might still be online by 22:00 UTC in case 6pm is more feasible for you.
Maybe RNGesus won't bless us and we'll be still praying for a drop we are missing. The weapon rewards are a non-factor nowadays.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
guys quick question. I already have Mon Hun for PS4 but with my Plus expiring soon...I was wondering how good population wise is it on PC? Is it still active? I just looked at that Steam Sale and I'm very VERY tempted to double dip.

It's still quite active. Always find SOSes in moments. Well, in Iceborne anyway. Haven't played the old stuff much since that came out. It has consistently been among the (top) most played games on Steam since release. Right now, there are over 150,000 playing:

store.steampowered.com

Steam Charts

Top selling and top played games across Steam

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Alright, I'm in the squad session, Zhao_Yun and xEik. Ready when you are.

Hopefully we can get enough mats for at least one set tonight. I'm feeling a bit under the weather, but hopefully I feel better when I can focus on the siege.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I was able to find three Kulve rooms with the filter. 11 players, 13 and 14.

I'll go and quickly check them out to see if they're actually active.

Edit: The one with 13 players (14 with me) seems alright. One group of 4 at siege level 4 and another "group" of 1 by themselves.

Code is:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Edit2: looks like the group at siege level 4 were the stragglers, since the siege is back at level 1.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god each monster is getting more and more infuriating. Shrieking Legiana was definitely fun as short range melee.

What's the difference between a variant and a subspecies?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I was able to find three Kulve rooms with the filter. 11 players, 13 and 14.

I'll go and quickly check them out to see if they're actually active.

Edit: The one with 13 players (14 with me) seems alright. One group of 4 at siege level 4 and another "group" of 1 by themselves.

Code is:

[Hidden content]

Edit2: looks like the group at siege level 4 were the stragglers, since the siege is back at level 1.
Are we joining this, then?

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
A variant is something a regular monster can turn into, like a savage deviljho is a deviljho that came close to starving and is even hungrier and madder than ever, while a subspecies is some kind of evolutionary divergence from the regular family of monster. Like coral pukei isn't a pukei that drank too much water, it's a polar bear to pukei's brown bear.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If more people from ERA want to join later, we can always go back to the squad session then. For now this looks like our best bet to get the quickest results.

Edit: shit, session is full. Hopefully someone quickly leaves.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
A variant is something a regular monster can turn into, like a savage deviljho is a deviljho that came close to starving and is even hungrier and madder than ever, while a subspecies is some kind of evolutionary divergence from the regular family of monster. Like coral pukei isn't a pukei that drank too much water, it's a polar bear to pukei's brown bear.

In gameplay terms is there any difference? I assume monsters can't turn into variants mid mission?

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
In gameplay terms is there any difference? I assume monsters can't turn into variants mid mission?
Not really, no. Generally variants are the same as old monsters just with new moves while subspecies often have a different element, but I don't think there's any hard rules for it. They could make up an ice rathalos and explain it as either a rathalos that ate a bunch of snow cones or as a northern cousin of the rathalos, ultimately it would do the same thing when you fight it.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I played the living shit out of this game at the weekend. We had Storm Dennis here and I has stuck indoors so I just ate, slept and played this. Really impressed this game can still pull me in like that after so many hours. Capcom hit the nail on the head with this game.

Mainly I was just doing endless battle in the Grinding Lands but I think I need to be more targeted. If wanted a boatload of Smoldering Tailedge how would I go about it?

It seems this comes from glavenuses but I never see this creature at all.

You can just use the [ hide ] tag.
For the squad invitation that would have to be done by the leader (which is me) or the subleader (a position currently vacant).
I'll hop online in a moment.
Ah okay.

Thanks too xEik & IvorB I'm now part of the iceborne era squad 😄
Cool!

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC here looking to link up to farm TGL sometime? I'm usually on in the evenings (Pacific Time). Would love to hunt with some of you and share some lures, as well as level up some regions. I'm trying to get Coral and Volcano to level 6 (currently my cap, I need to get up to MR100 to unlock 7).

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Seems like you get 2 nuggets on average per run. So need ~6 more runs to get all 3 sets... At least the fight seems to be pretty doable even if it should just be us 3.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Man, I played the living shit out of this game at the weekend. We had Storm Dennis here and I has stuck indoors so I just ate, slept and played this. Really impressed this game can still pull me in like that after so many hours. Capcom hit the nail on the head with this game.

Mainly I was just doing endless battle in the Grinding Lands but I think I need to be more targeted. If wanted a boatload of Smoldering Tailedge how would I go about it?

It seems this comes from glavenuses but I never see this creature at all.

Ah okay.

Cool!
Lure them (you might have some from your GL grinding) or meld the parts from other GL mats.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
All good and well, those nuggets, but without the tickets, which I assume you get from endgame quests, I can't craft that layered armor.

Hopefully I already have one of those optionals unlocked...