• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Bow is still ridiculous and gets the 2nd highest clear times in the game, with a big difference between the next highest clear time. It is the most deco hungry weapon in the game though, you want Constitution, Mighty Bow, Spread Shots, Normal Shots, 100% affinity, maxed out elemental, and then max WEX and Crit Boost alongside Crit Element.

It's main flaw other than that is that alot of things one shot you even with Health Boost.

what's the fastest clear time weapon anyway? HBG?

...But if they don't matter that much why did they consciously choose to make the rarity 12 stones so difficult to get? That point can be used for either side.
i disagree with the person you quoted and i think they matter a lot! i think mighty bow by itself is like 16% extra damage or something which is nutty for a single deco.

Last edited:

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Spread HBG with the scope mod that makes it horribly unfun to play.
81x2AZFcDmL._AC_UY606_.jpg

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
man i only had mods for a few days and am spoiled by them. Stracker's tool breaking with last night's patch made me realize how much I already rely on the drop indicator mod and how bad it is regularly looking for white sparkles in the snow

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
man i only had mods for a few days and am spoiled by them. Stracker's tool breaking with last night's patch made me realize how much I already rely on the drop indicator mod and how bad it is regularly looking for white sparkles in the snow

i've used the one that makes paws show on shinies and it makes a world of difference imo. definitely one of those mods i'll try to have on all the time unless like you said a patch breaks it.

i also have used the one that makes guiding lands gathering spots more prominent which was incredibly helpful but i turned it off once i memorized where nodes were.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa

You guys must be using a different light pillar mod from me because mine is still working fine. And it never relied on the tool to make nativePC work.

I use the Souvenir's mod and it never required the stracker mod to function.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
i've used the one that makes paws show on shinies and it makes a world of difference imo. definitely one of those mods i'll try to have on all the time unless like you said a patch breaks it.

i also have used the one that makes guiding lands gathering spots more prominent which was incredibly helpful but i turned it off once i memorized where nodes were.

yup using a variant of the paws, haven't gotten to guiding lands yet so did not install the nodes mod yet

You guys must be using a different light pillar mod from me because mine is still working fine. And it never relied on the tool to make nativePC work.

I use the Souvenir's mod and it never required the stracker mod to function.
I used this one unique v3 so it has a different symbol over each type of drop https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/2325?tab=files

then I tacked this one on top to make the colors bolder https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/2351?tab=images

2351-1581249912-1482577338.jpeg

they remind me of the signs in death stranding haha

edit: looks like stracker's is fixed

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I wonder why that one needs Strackers loader but the pillar one doesn't.

I need to start using that one though. It looks awesome.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why that one needs Strackers loader but the pillar one doesn't.

I need to start using that one though. It looks awesome.

Capcom allows cosmetic modifications to assets, like transmog or the light pillars. Anything that involves editing the game itself requires nativePC, which Capcom disabled with Iceborne and can only be re-enabled using Stracker's Loader.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Capcom allows cosmetic modifications to assets, like transmog or the light pillars. Anything that involves editing the game itself requires nativePC, which Capcom disabled with Iceborne and can only be re-enabled using Stracker's Loader.

Well yeah I know that. I just don't get why these other mods that are basically pillar mods do require it. Unless there is something else the mods do I guess.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah I know that. I just don't get why these other mods that are basically pillar mods do require it. Unless there is something else the mods do I guess.
it edits visual effect files which are by default barred from loading since Iceborne, hence the need for strackers loader. Haven't looked at the pillar mod, I guess it's just a model and texture edit therefore no need for the loader

Aug 13, 2019
O7Q2yjw.jpg
Spent a good chunk of today hunting Rajang over and over. it's a damn good time and its armor looks amazing. I assume the material necessary to upgrade the Rajang weapons only drops from the tempered version?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
O7Q2yjw.jpg
Spent a good chunk of today hunting Rajang over and over. it's a damn good time and its armor looks amazing. I assume the material necessary to upgrade the Rajang weapons only drops from the tempered version?
Its a shiny drop from Tempered Rajang in Guiding Lands. Make sure to slap a geology decoration on and 1 hunt will get you like 20 to 30 of the dropped material.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
They just gave away the mind's eye jewel😭. Thanks Capcom that was the only one I was missing from the base game.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Okay the reason Lance was sucking was because I was playing multiplayer. In single player it's 50x as effective. I'm never playing this weapon in multi again.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Looked at the event schedule and Safi is back on March 6, until March 26. I think it's safe to say the Kulve and Safi sieges are on permanent rotation now, basically taking turns: if Safi is available, Kulve isn't and if Kulve is available, Safi isn't.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
As a dual blade user, isn't a Minds Eye gem as a login bonus rather decent? I didn't even realise you could get that effect as a single decoration !

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I must admit I think the Guiding Lands as an endgame activity is pretty boring. Grinding out zones to get certain monsters gets tired fast.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
As a dual blade user, isn't a Minds Eye gem as a login bonus rather decent? I didn't even realise you could get that effect as a single decoration !
It's a great decoration to have access to. I've played this game for many hours and have many of the other rare decos, but this one eluded me. Having it is great for certain hunts for sure.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Mind's Eye seems great for all melee weapons. It's good to have on a set against monsters like Scarred YG or G/S Rath with dangerous hitzones even at max sharpness, where bouncing can lead to a cart or at least lots of hurt. Very happy to have it on something else than a charm. So was it always in the decoration tables or is it new to this patch or Iceborne? Never seen it before.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Mind's Eye seems great for all melee weapons. It's good to have on a set against monsters like Scarred YG or G/S Rath where bouncing can lead to a cart or at least lots of hurt.
It's pretty useless or more of a needless luxury for a lot of weapons. You wouldn't get it on GS. You wouldn't get it on a weapon like Lance if you have purple sharpness and master's touch. Switch Axe has free mind's eye in sword mode to begin with.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty useless or more of a needless luxury for a lot of weapons. You wouldn't get it on GS. You wouldn't get it on a weapon like Lance if you have purple sharpness and master's touch. Switch Axe has free mind's eye in sword mode to begin with.

I seem to recall bouncing even with purple sharpness on certain monsters. Perhaps I'm misremembering. Sure, it's a luxury in that I could just aim better and it's not essential. But it's nice to have. Why wouldn't I get on GS specifically?

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So should I be blasting through the story as a new player? Been trying to play as fast as I can! Been using all the good gear they give you like the defense armor.

I've been figuring that I should keep all my loot and whatnot until I get to the point they want me at.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Minds eye is less useful now that claw-softening is possible and some weapons have purple sharpness (purple never bounces [edit: I think?]).

Still, it's very nice for anyone still on the story, since you may be using blue-sharp weapons that bounce like hell.
It's also useful for a few hunts where monsters have hard parts and claw softening is dangerous (especially in single player, where you don't have a 4-way cuthc-claw rodeo to keep everything softened)

Monsters like scarred garuga and silverlos have very hard parts and a failed clutch claw attack on the tail/head is going to hurt you.
To be honest, it's one of those "Fuck this bullshit, I should've brought X to this fight" gems for me (c.f. steadfast and tremor resist). I almost never use it, but often wish I had.

So should I be blasting through the story as a new player? Been trying to play as fast as I can! Been using all the good gear they give you like the defense armor.

I've been figuring that I should keep all my loot and whatnot until I get to the point they want me at.

Go as fast as you like, but you shouldn't stop to 'grind' anything unless you really enjoy the fight.
Keep all the loot at the end of fights. If you need cash for something, you can sell stuff that you have an excess of while back at camp.
There are some low and high rank materials that you'll need as part of the upgrade path for master-rank weapons.

The easiest way to get cash is to use your daily ticket on an investigation that already has a bonus cash reward - and do it in single player. The cash rewards in master rank are high and mean that selling low/high rank stuff for a few pennies is rarely worth it (I mean, you get 3K or 10K zenny just from the pig between every quest in master rank, some investigations give >100K even without a ticket, and the steamworks can get you a lot of cash for doing basically nothing). I think I've seen investigation rewards go as high as 180K, though that's for something insane like a triple tempered rajang/deviljho/rathalos with 1 faint.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

If you want to just keep pushing forward and you're having a great time doing it keep at it! Whatever you're comfortable fighting against is where you should be. You'll know when you hit a wall and either need to practice a lot against something tough or build up your gear.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I seem to recall bouncing even with purple sharpness on certain monsters. Perhaps I'm misremembering. Sure, it's a luxury in that I could just aim better and it's not essential. But it's nice to have. Why wouldn't I get on GS specifically?

You probably don't want to hit hitzones where you bounce to begin with on most monsters, so when you have the luxury of an easy to aim long range melee weapon like with GS you can just hit the better hitzone, or you tenderize it if it's something like the head of Silver/Gold Rath that you actually want to break. Your primary focus on those monsters are the tails anyway.

You also never have sharpness issues with GS, so losing purple sharpness isn't a factor.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Regardless of usefulness for certain cases, I almost feel like a PSA should be made for people to login in order to get the Mind's Eye deco. :D
I've played for more than 1200 hours and I've never gotten one so receiving it as soon as I log in tonight will be appreciated.
Normally, if I suspected I would be in a fight where bouncing could be annoying I was wearing two pieces of Rajang armour but more flexibility is always appreciated.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Mind's Eye is still very useful for Behemoth because there's no way to wound the chest AFAIK and it is still too easy to accidentally bounce off of it when playing Lance.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of usefulness for certain cases, I almost feel like a PSA should be made for people to login in order to get the Mind's Eye deco. :D
I've played for more than 1200 hours and I've never gotten one so receiving it as soon as I log in tonight will be appreciated.
Normally, if I suspected I would be in a fight where bouncing could be annoying I was wearing two pieces of Rajang armour but more flexibility is always appreciated.

I hardly touched it although I was thinking it might be great on Kushala especially when he's surrounded with all that wind
EDIT
nvm
YEp3Bt2.png

Last edited: