• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, Raj, or some say Rajang...

Do you hear our prayers?

No, we shall not abandon the grind.

No one can cart us! No one can stop us now!
Be careful what you wish for.
www.nexusmods.com

Player Rajang

Rajang is a hunter. you like it?
SmartSelect_20200220-153559_Reddit.jpg

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
What difference in distance are we talking about for Mind's Eye with ranged weapons? Is it ever useful for having to move less into the optimal distance?
I think it's good on pierce if you're trying to use it on monsters that aren't very big, but other than that it's not really that important. You can also get it via 2pc Rajang at a minimal cost anyway so it's not super important. I think something like Mighty Bow or Guard Up are a lot more useful, but Mind's Eye/Ballistics works for everyone so it's a nice thing to give.

And yeah haven't used it since Behemoth in vanilla, although I guess it could be useful for Rajang too if you're using a weapon that sweeps too much(longsword maybe, also kinda IG).

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Mind's eye helps a bit with normal ammo and is good with Pierce. I have been using 2 pieces of rajang with my Meat hammer build but now I'm free to use any blue/white sharpness weapon with any armor without the fear of bouncing.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, I was going through my videos and found this old one I didn't get around to posting yet. It's a beautiful punish of a teostra's ultimate. Shot his tail clean off!

Yeah I think the design is great. And it's a flying creature that actually just straight up attacks you with everything it's got from the air and doesn't give a fuck that you can't hit it or were dumb enough to fight it with melee weapons. Also wind dragons are quite uncommon.

Open up the the menu and go to "Check Special Tracks" you might be surprised to find a Glavenus in your line up already.

Yeah turns out I have some so that's good.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I've had Guard Up since <100 hours, got a Mighty Bow from the GL two weeks ago and now they hand out Mind's eye. Paired with the steamworks filling out my inventory I'm feeling pretty rich right now.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finally got around to doing the Silver + Gold Rath quest for the first time. Still not great fights, if only because of that forced arena mechanic. In my case Rathalos showed up just as Rathian went limping and of course they first stunlock me with alternating roars and then Rathalos bumbles into the shock trap I set up for Rathian. Oh well. At least I got two Research Commission Tickets out of it, so I was able to forge my first Kulve layered set. Yay!

Let me know if anyone (Zhao_Yun, xEik?) wants to do more Kulve sieges. I'm available this whole weekend during the night and likely next week as well.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Finally got around to doing the Silver + Gold Rath quest for the first time. Still not great fights, if only because of that forced arena mechanic. In my case Rathalos showed up just as Rathian went limping and of course they first stunlock me with alternating roars and then Rathalos bumbles into the shock trap I set up for Rathian. Oh well. At least I got two Research Commission Tickets out of it, so I was able to forge my first Kulve layered set. Yay!
If you're farming tickets, you will become very efficient at that quest. It feels like I spend most of the time waiting for Rathalos to show up after Rathian is trapped.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If you're farming tickets, you will become very efficient at that quest. It feels like I spend most of the time waiting for Rathalos to show up after Rathian is trapped.
I definitely felt a bit rusty.

I do hate they picked Nergi's nest as the arena, though, since my DPS relies so much on sliding. There are a few small slide spots, but using them actually put me at a disadvantage because it makes me an easy target of the Raths' sweeping attacks and big hitboxes in general. Area 14 would've been a much better pick in my opinion.

Last edited:

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Finally reached Rank100 (MR 133 / HR 178) and unlocked the last levels for guiding lands. Currently rocking a Hunting Horn Build with Wide Range, works well in quests and the guiding land. Trying to push Forest and Lava Zone and gettings some mats for affinity, attack and health reggen augmentations.

Unfortunately my mate is currently having a longer break after we pretty much played nonstop since Inceborne launched for PC. Is there an active resetera community on PC? Want to push the guiding lands right now. Playing in UTC+01:00 timezone, mostly hammer, insect glaive, hunting horn, switch axe.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally reached Rank100 (MR 133 / HR 178) and unlocked the last levels for guiding lands. Currently rocking a Hunting Horn Build with Wide Range, works well in quests and the guiding land. Trying to push Forest and Lava Zone and gettings some mats for affinity, attack and health reggen augmentations.

Unfortunately my mate is currently having a longer break after we pretty much played nonstop since Inceborne launched for PC. Is there an active resetera community on PC? Want to push the guiding lands right now. Playing in UTC+01:00 timezone, mostly hammer, insect glaive, hunting horn, switch axe.

I'll add you - what's your Steam ID? I'm close to hitting MR100.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
Our 4-man is absolutely getting stomped by Rajang and Kirin. The only way we've managed to properly survive is one of us going full support/healer.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Fuckin hell, what is wrong with master rank black diablos?! Never stops attacking. I keep forgetting how crazy she is cos there's no real reason to hunt her much.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Our 4-man is absolutely getting stomped by Rajang and Kirin. The only way we've managed to properly survive is one of us going full support/healer.

I found Rajang easier to solo, in both this and mhgen. His movements become predictable and it is easier to stay safe. In multi I find him very unpredictable, which makes it more challenging for me. Could just be me though.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
I found Rajang easier to solo, in both this and mhgen. His movements become predictable and it is easier to stay safe. In multi I find him very unpredictable, which makes it more challenging for me. Could just be me though.
I tried Kirin solo the other day and it was definitely a lot more managable. I think just the lower HP makes it less of a slog. Will have to try Rajang at one point. This is the first time we've run a healer/support in our team (we're all fairly casual) and I'm amazed how effective it is. I wonder if we should attempt the Extreme Behemoth.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Kirin solo the other day and it was definitely a lot more managable. I think just the lower HP makes it less of a slog. Will have to try Rajang at one point. This is the first time we've run a healer/support in our team (we're all fairly casual) and I'm amazed how effective it is. I wonder if we should attempt the Extreme Behemoth.

I used to Bow Kirin but Master Rank version was proving a real pain even with my best bow setup (it doesnt help that it moves so much and spread shot is near useless on a target that small)

I ended up just brute forcing it with Switch axe (go for the head in axe mode and grind it for knockdowns with sword) and its was fucking night and day

Switch Axe is arguably the way to fucking go lol

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

hammer too for Kirin and you definitely have to make use of the terrain the sliding and jumping mechanics are key here

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally picked this up but I'm getting destroyed! What sort of gear are you supposed to start the dlc with and how would you go about getting it? I figured I'd be ok since I had 80+ defense armor and a couple strong charge blades to choose from but everything is hitting me like a tank and it took me over an hour to kill the first monster.

I was a bit rusty to start out with remembering how the blade works, but I went back for a run against diablos and had no trouble so I'm thinking I'm maybe not geared up for it.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
So I finally picked this up but I'm getting destroyed! What sort of gear are you supposed to start the dlc with and how would you go about getting it? I figured I'd be ok since I had 80+ defense armor and a couple strong charge blades to choose from but everything is hitting me like a tank and it took me over an hour to kill the first monster.

I was a bit rusty to start out with remembering how the blade works, but I went back for a run against diablos and had no trouble so I'm thinking I'm maybe not geared up for it.
You need to make a Master rank armor set those have 120+ defense and also upgrade your weapons to master rank.

This is a video about how to craft MR sets early and easy

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I did Rajang with about 10 different groups. All failed. It's that fucking blast that's killing people. I think I might give up. The guy's just too fast.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I did Rajang with about 10 different groups. All failed. It's that fucking blast that's killing people. I think I might give up. The guy's just too fast.
how many times have you tried solo?
if people don't know what they are doing he is a lot more difficult in multi. If you play Bowgun is really easy to beat him using a sticky build.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
That is so freaking weird to me because I never considered any of Rajang's ranged attack to be the actual problem. It's the giant jumping slam that might cart me, especially if wearing Rocksteady because it's kind of balanced around only hitting once, but the attack hits Rocksteady twice since you tank the first hit.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
how many times have you tried solo?
if people don't know what they are doing he is a lot more difficult in multi. If you play Bowgun is really easy to beat him using a sticky build.

I've tried solo once and failed, but I memorize the moveset enough that I can avoid dying in multi. It's just other players are getting creamed. I played GS and it's a pain in the ass for solo so I tend to do everything in multi.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I've tried solo once and failed, but I memorize the moveset enough that I can avoid dying in multi. It's just other players are getting creamed. I played GS and it's a pain in the ass for solo so I tend to do everything in multi.
if you are playing GS a frostcraft-critical draw build is good against him. also bring all the traps you can carry and equip your cat with a sleep weapon and the trap gadget and spam the boomcage.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Frostcraft GS is fantastic for Rajang for sure. Velkhana GS is probably the best one you can get against him before Safi weapons.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
if you are playing GS a frostcraft-critical draw build is good against him. also bring all the traps you can carry and equip your cat with a sleep weapon and the trap gadget and spam the boomcage.
Frostcraft GS is fantastic for Rajang for sure. Velkhana GS is probably the best one you can get against him before Safi weapons.

Tried it again and beat it :)

Yeah, frostcraft and critdraw really made the fight easier since I can do hit and run. Took a while but it's done.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man some of these early monsters in the expansion are totally wrecking me even with better gear lol. Everything seems to come with some real nasty side effects.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man some of these early monsters in the expansion are totally wrecking me even with better gear lol. Everything seems to come with some real nasty side effects.

I started bringing Nulberries on every hunt in Iceborne because so many monsters give iceblight or other blights.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

oh if you are in Hoarfrost try getting a warming jewel? otherwise Red Potions Hot Drink every few minutes to thaw the chill

EDIT

your wall will probably be Barioth and Viper Tobi Karachi

haha Red Potions... I'm thinking of another game.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so damn hard to make Sword and Shield work. Terrible range, low damage per hit, one wrong input and you do something completely different than you wanted to do.
You get an infinite combo you can re-aim constantly and dodge out of any moment, or shield if need be. You should be in monsters face almost nonstop. Other melee need back off or wait for safe moments. SnS don't need give a damn.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started bringing Nulberries on every hunt in Iceborne because so many monsters give iceblight or other blights.
I think this is probably the source of my issues lol. I rarely bothered to pack nulberries so I should probably try and make more of a habit of it.
oh if you are in Hoarfrost try getting a warming jewel? otherwise Red Potions Hot Drink every few minutes to thaw the chill

EDIT

your wall will probably be Barioth and Viper Tobi Karachi

haha Red Potions... I'm thinking of another game.
Viper Tobi Kadachi was a pain but it was the nightshade one giving me the most trouble since it incapacitated you for 10-15 seconds a time

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of trying out a Hunting Horn support build for my first real foray into multiplayer stuff. Anyone any suggestions beyond the arikzz video?

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Am i cursed? i just want my release/ironwall deco. Why do i keep getting this out of all the R12?

Monster-Hunter-World-Iceborne-20200222160500.png

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
Finally got my volcanic region in GL to a level 7..... No fucking thanks to a tempered Kushala .....it was needed for the attack augments and the zone level. By the FUCKING WAY Since when can this fucking thing mix it's tornadoes with fucking Lava to make moving Lava tornados?!?!?! That is some next level shit!

I could have gone a life time without knowing that this thing can mix shit up with other elements... Wtf is next... Thunder tornadoes..... Cyclones... ice storms?

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my volcanic region in GL to a level 7..... No fucking thanks to a tempered Kushala .....it was needed for the attack augments and the zone level. By the FUCKING WAY Since when can this fucking thing mix it's tornadoes with fucking Lava to make moving Lava tornados?!?!?! That is some next level shit!

I could have gone a life time without knowing that this thing can mix shit up with other elements... Wtf is next... Thunder tornadoes..... Cyclones... ice storms?

wait till you see Kushala appear with a silver or gold rathian in the same room

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Custom weapon upgrades changing the look of your weapon is a terrible idea.

I might just wind up getting one of the transmog mods so I can go back to having the cool looking shit.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Custom weapon upgrades changing the look of your weapon is a terrible idea.

I might just wind up getting one of the transmog mods so I can go back to having the cool looking shit.
it would have been a cool idea if it gave the weapon a unique design but since it's the same shitty looking strap on design it doesn't work at all.