• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
n6NB1pv.png

Da MVP.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I want to move my MHWIB installation onto an external HDD, but now it wants me to format the external HDD, will this format / erase everything that's on it?
Because that's a no go, I just deleted enough for MHW having more than enough space, but otherwise I still need the data on the external drive.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
So I want to move my MHWIB installation onto an external HDD, but now it wants me to format the external HDD, will this format / erase everything that's on it?
Because that's a no go, I just deleted enough for MHW having more than enough space, but otherwise I still need the data on the external drive.

Formatting usually means deleting everything, yes.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I know, but I thought maybe it makes a partition or something.
On the other hand I think the hdd is formatted in NTFS so PlayStation couldn't do anything with it either way.
I need to somehow backup what's on the drive first then, ugh

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where do you get Gracium (I believe that is what it is called it's the ore that you need for the Beotodus pants)? I've been mining a lot and have not got any.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Lance users, what's a good MR set to go for? Me and my brother are up to 4* MR quests and haven't had too much problem in HR gear (kulve/teo max def) but figure I should upgrade at this point. I'm even still using my Odogaron lance.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Lance users, what's a good MR set to go for? Me and my brother are up to 4* MR quests and haven't had too much problem in HR gear (kulve/teo max def) but figure I should upgrade at this point. I'm even still using my Odogaron lance.

I'm using:

Barroth Helm
High Metal Mail
Baan Vambraces
Baan Coil
Beo Greaves

Throw in an Earplugs deco and you've got full Earplugs and full Guard. You can also use a Bulwark Charm or Shield deco if you have them to get Guard Up.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Just beat Velkana. On to the next

Nah, Barioth seems to be a harder fight for most folks for some reason

The trick to Barioth is to break his claws. It makes him far more managable. He will slide more and be far less agile. It's always been his main weakness. Also when pseudo-wyverns are enraged, just run and only attack hyper conservatively, they'll run out of steam pretty fast and be much slower and less frustrating to chase down. Think of them similarly to Odo... they have really fast and furious enrages but they don't last nearly as long. Barioth is the only one with a trick like the claw thing too. He's meant to be easier than Tigrex and Narga. (Though I find Barioth a little more frustrating at times because of his breath attack)

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Whats a good MR bow to go for initially? Up to MR 3 now but still using high rank bows and feels my damage isn't quite there.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

You can upgrade the Odogoran lance once you fight it in MR. I just did it with mine.

For armour I'm using:

ClockworkHelm B
Banbaro Mail a
Uragaan Vembraces B
Clockwork Coil B
Urgaan Greaves B

With decorations this gives 5 Guard, Guard Up, 3 Weakness Exploit, 3 Partbreaker, 2 Speed Sharpening, 2 Offensive Guard, 1 Agitator, 1 Evade Window, 1 Iron Skin, 1 Speed Eating, 1 Non-elemental Boost.

Then I have Sheath Charm 3. I've only just tried using this and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised how long my HR gear is lasting me, I'm on the Tigrex/Brachy story beat and the only MR gear I've crafted so far is the Barioth lance. Though that Glavenus fight was pretty rough and I'm finally considering making some new armor.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Something I hope changes in the inevitable sequel is MP lobbies. Let me find everyone who is playing the game and doing X quest and join them.
Is there an Era clan or whatever they called?
Yes, I'm trying to recruit players. So far there's about 11 people interested without counting myself.
The hard part is getting people into the session to invite them but as soon as we have some subleaders it should get easier.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Finally hit the endgame, and I have to say, this has been extremely enjoyable ride all around.

As much as I'd like to just keep delving more into this, I think this time I'll hold back and wait for the PC-version and focus my time there. It was a bit more jarring to get back to the PS4-performance (Pro with framerate priority even) than I'd liked. Also going from nearly instant loading times to this wasn't pleasing.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
any suggestions on good skills for Insect Glaive?

Also, which skill specifically stops the immense stamina loss from aerial combat?

Feb 15, 2019
I hoped Capcom would've made the multiplayer for story missions less shitty with having to watch the cutscene, go back to town and then post the quest again. Having to sit through like 3 loading screens and waiting for 2 quests to load takes ages on the base ps4.

Are the Odogaron lance upgrades good? I used to run the Odo lance with the teostra/behemoth set for Master's Touch, but the Final Odo upgrade is seemingly only rarity 10 idk if that's gonna be enough for the long run. If not what are some good G rank lances?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao at the scene that plays when you overdrive the steam machine, especially with Serious Handler.

Glad they embrace the goofy nature of the series more.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
any suggestions on good skills for Insect Glaive?

Also, which skill specifically stops the immense stamina loss from aerial combat?
Does the stamina instantly loses a chunk when used? If yes, Constitution works. Does the stamina slowly drain when used? Then Marathon Runner works.
Marathon Runner is for dual blades.
Constitution for IG and bow.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, I didn't really find Narga to be that much harder than Barioth. Granted, I carted twice to Narga while I didn't cart to Barioth at all, but both of those carts were due to easily identifiable mistakes that I won't make next time (was not expecting that double tail smash when he's enraged, lol). It's been years since I last fought Narga, but I can tell he's definitely got some new moves in World.

jromz03

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised how long my HR gear is lasting me, I'm on the Tigrex/Brachy story beat and the only MR gear I've crafted so far is the Barioth lance. Though that Glavenus fight was pretty rough and I'm finally considering making some new armor.

Just passed the ice bird and the shrieking bird event. still HR. Maybe because I'm doing solo, so monsters have less HP. Wish they allow upgrade of your HR armour to MR, like MHGU.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A question for those at the endgame.

Is it true that there's no cart limits in the guiding lands? If so, what do they do to keep the hunts engaging (I.E does carting lower rewards or something?)

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, is there a way to turn the cheek blush makeup off on female characters, I really hate it and it definitely not something I've selected.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to keep serious handler, I lost respect for the default one after she called me pard

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Anyone else using the Narga LBG? Any recommendations for bowgun mods for it, or recommendations for good Iceborne LBGs?

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
Man the Pukei-Pukei master rank hammer is an absolute monster! If anyone wants a good starting MR hammer, go with that shit!

I'm loving all the weapons so far but gunlance and hammer are my go to's right now. Does anyone have any recommended gunlances to make? I've got the Banbaro and Tigrex GL's right now.