• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If the siege weapons weren't top tier I'm sure we'd all be complaining about what's the point so I'm fine with it. That being said can anyone who watched the diary give any deets on the bowguns if any were shown?
I didn't see any stats, but some of the upgrades for them are SUPER interesting. You can upgrade stuff like reload and recoil, as well as capacity for individual ammo types. If the guns have half-decent stats, you'll just be able to turn them into whatever kind of bowgun you want I figure.

And of course built in True Spare Shot is probably broken.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know if I should do something because next week is going to be a huge gamechanger. Wish they would have dropped the full hunt today already.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
14BEVGt.gif

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Updated thoughts on Siege weapons.

I'm starting to think we might not get full set-bonuses on them. It's hard to tell. The presentation doesn't show the upgrades giving them Master's Touch, it gives them Teostra Technique. "But DrArchon, Teostra's Technique is Master's Touch!" Yes, but so was Soul of the Dragoon on the Drachen armor, and it's not like the Luna weapons give Nergigante Ambition or Xeno'Jiiva divinity, they just give Hasten Recovery and Razor Sharp/Spare Shot.

All I'm saying is that there's probably a non-zero possibility that the upgrade just gives 1 point of set bonus, meaning you'd only need 2 Teostra pieces to get Master's Touch (which would still open up basically every Melee build in the game, but not break it in two).

Nov 7, 2017
Updated thoughts on Siege weapons.

I'm starting to think we might not get full set-bonuses on them. It's hard to tell. The presentation doesn't show the upgrades giving them Master's Touch, it gives them Teostra Technique. "But DrArchon, Teostra's Technique is Master's Touch!" Yes, but so was Soul of the Dragoon on the Drachen armor, and it's not like the Luna weapons give Nergigante Ambition or Xeno'Jiiva divinity, they just give Hasten Recovery and Razor Sharp/Spare Shot.

All I'm saying is that there's probably a non-zero possibility that the upgrade just gives 1 point of set bonus, meaning you'd only need 2 Teostra pieces to get Master's Touch (which would still open up basically every Melee build in the game, but not break it in two).
Im down either way. Masters touch plus divine blessing secret plus garuga legs. Or masters touch and brachy essence? Still awesome (Longsword)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I can't believe you can craft the MR versions of the HR Deviljho and Nergigante armor for your palico with this update, yet they aren't available as layered to your character.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I didn't see any stats, but some of the upgrades for them are SUPER interesting. You can upgrade stuff like reload and recoil, as well as capacity for individual ammo types. If the guns have half-decent stats, you'll just be able to turn them into whatever kind of bowgun you want I figure.

And of course built in True Spare Shot is probably broken.
As in I can upgrade recoil and not use a mod slot? That does sound super interesting. Built in TCE and TSS are gonna make builds ridiculous...if i can ever get some of those level 4 elemental jewels. Spread 3 is going to be even dumber lol.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just noticed they added additional GL mats to the melder, even from monsters you haven't hunted yet. The only one I was missing was regular Barroth and my Wildspire area is currently level 7. Wasn't looking forward to de-leveling it just for Barroth. But now its GL material is added to the melder and I can simply trade in my tempered Barroth mats for normal ones at a 1:1 conversion rate.

(I don't know if this is old news since I missed the RE update. But it's handy nonetheless.)

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's obnoxious that you still can't meld tempered elder dragon parts from the Guiding Lands, and that there's no way to meld a non-tempered elder's parts without the tempered version's parts.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Are the new weapons going to be random variations like the Kulve ones? I had such a great bow from that.

This new monster looks like Grigori from Dragon's Dogma:

th

Maybe they are cousins or something...

Yeah because every single new monster they added for Iceborne is a dragon.

We even got another non dragon monster in the same update as Safi.

I never said that was the case and it was just a lighthearted comment anyway so there's no need for you to get wound up about it.

Bitsurugi

Nov 2, 2017
Safi weapons won't have full set bonuses (would be too OP), but instead will count as a 1 set piece toward the set. You can also see that by the difference of the naming. Still, will make some interesting mixups (ex.: melee with 3 set kush and Master's touch or any combination of two 3-set bonuses).

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Getting rid of a single piece of Teostra armor is enough tbh. That armor set's skill and slots are not top tier.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finally did the Safi'jiiva recon quest. That last attack was indeed pretty cool.

I wonder if, during the actual siege, it will do that attack at the end of every stage, starting with the second. I also wonder if the amount of boulders to take cover behind will decrease with every stage. Three during the 2nd phase, two during the 3rd and one for the final phase.

This recon quest wasn't particularly hard, although I still carted twice. Guess I have my work cut out for me this week. At least there are plenty of slopes and ledges in the 2nd phase, since I kind of depend on those for max DPS.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i run 800 def armor, health boost 3 and divine blessing 3 on pretty much ally sets these days

I will likely run DB 5 once i get access to it but only for the real heavy hitters

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
Just got back into monster hunter again,I don't like safi'jiiva design , looks too normal compared to Xeno.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Moly Hunter World complete again. I was not too excited about the Frosty Moly, much more exciting when the headbanger moly was added!

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Met lunastra for the first time and holy moly what an awesome monster. The fight itself is also very interesting with fire everywhere. Basically you play the floor is lava.
I also switched after 75 hours of long sword to switch axe. I am still figuring things out but the damage output capabilities in sword mode with elemental discharge are astounding.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I watched a video earlier that said even if you get Master's Touch on your weapon, it won't necessarily be best choice because the Teostra set is so solid.

But then I saw the Safi set bonus. The full 5 set will be meta in almost all circumstances. It is BROKEN AF. Monster Hunter World is almost over and we're going to cross the finish line drifting sideways with full nitro, quad damage, noclip and infinite everything. I love it!

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you want from the endgame? If you want to level your MR to unlock the remaining few monsters, join someone's GL and fight what they fight. I'm about to go online and find someone with Tundra level 7 because there's no way I'm grinding that shit in my own GL.

I guess? I just hate I have to GRIND to unlock monsters. I wanna fight Nergigante and Gold/Silver dangit.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a PC player that hasn't really been paying much attention to how the game has shaken up since Iceborne—does anyone know of (or is anyone down to write) a quick primer on how weapon metas have shifted? I was poking around last night and read that Savage Axe mode has maybe eclipsed SAED spam for CBs which is insanely exciting to me—I loved MHW CB but was tired of SAED spam, using axe more interestingly is exactly what I wanted.

esp interested in CB, Lance, Bow—curious if/how their playstyles have shifted in the past few months

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I guess? I just hate I have to GRIND to unlock monsters. I wanna fight Nergigante and Gold/Silver dangit.
MR 100 and MR 70 respectively. Then you just need to gather tracks in the elder recess once they're in your hunter notes. You don't even really need to grind them. I get far more than I would ever fight, especially Nergigante. The silver/gold event quests pop up every month, sometimes twice a month so you don't even need to farm guiding lands to get them in your hunter notes.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a PC player that hasn't really been paying much attention to how the game has shaken up since Iceborne—does anyone know of (or is anyone down to write) a quick primer on how weapon metas have shifted? I was poking around last night and read that Savage Axe mode has maybe eclipsed SAED spam for CBs which is insanely exciting to me—I loved MHW CB but was tired of SAED spam, using axe more interestingly is exactly what I wanted.

esp interested in CB, Lance, Bow—curious if/how their playstyles have shifted in the past few months
Most CB speedruns use Savage Axe, but SAED-style is still perfectly usable. Savage Axe plays more like 4U CB, where you use a lot of EDs and AEDs on downed monsters. Murders your sharpness though so Master's Touch is a must.

Lance plays about the same, except the meta Lances are all elemental. But no one actually puts skills into elemental damage, every build is still about Master's Touch and maxing raw damage regardless of the lance.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Most CB speedruns use Savage Axe, but SAED-style is still perfectly usable. Savage Axe plays more like 4U CB, where you use a lot of EDs and AEDs on downed monsters. Murders your sharpness though so Master's Touch is a must.

Lance plays about the same, except the meta Lances are all elemental. But no one actually puts skills into elemental damage, every build is still about Master's Touch and maxing raw damage regardless of the lance.
those both sound great. getting away from SAED-spam sounds amazing, and having monster-specific ele lances be better than, like, Fiendish Tower spam is awesome

did the same thing happen across all weapons, broadly? or is whichever weapon has the highest raw still dominant in a lot of classes?