• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Started the iceborne content this weekend and the jump from high rank to master equipment is really steep. I doubled my defense with a master alloy armor. The new monsters are very cool so far. Just hunted viper Tobi.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What charms are popular in the Iceborne endgame right now? I'm prepping a PC file and I just wanted to get this knocked out before I start tunneling on Rathian weapons. A google search has me seeing Handicraft, Agitator, Focus, and Elemental Charms being mentioned, but that can't be all of them right now, can it?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What charms are popular in the Iceborne endgame right now? I'm prepping a PC file and I just wanted to get this knocked out before I start tunneling on Rathian weapons. A google search has me seeing Handicraft, Agitator, Focus, and Elemental Charms being mentioned, but that can't be all of them right now, can it?

Those are the most common, yes. There's also the Razor Sharp/Spare Shot charm that's only in Iceborne and earned as a quest reward, not craftable.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any idea if the Safi weapon upgrade system is in *addition* to the current augment system? The youtube videos show weapons in the regular crafting tree, but they're just extensions of the Xeno tree, so I'm assuming the seige drops an entirely separate group of weapons a la Kjarr. I'm just not sure if I should spend a few days building a stash of Great Spiritgems and rarity 12 augment mats when the Safi system doesn't use any of that.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am only master rank 44, is there a way I can hunt a Savage Deviljho for the weekly quest?

I was a bit late in finishing Iceborne - the female armor you can get from the Old Everwyrm has a really cool helmet. It's freaky how it basically changes the proportions of your head though. It kind of disturbs me.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I am only master rank 44, is there a way I can hunt a Savage Deviljho for the weekly quest?

I was a bit late in finishing Iceborne - the female armor you can get from the Old Everwyrm has a really cool helmet. It's freaky how it basically changes the proportions of your head though. It kind of disturbs me.
There's an event with Savage Jho and the listed conditions are MR 21. Do you mean you want to hunt it with someone?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any idea if the Safi weapon upgrade system is in *addition* to the current augment system? The youtube videos show weapons in the regular crafting tree, but they're just extensions of the Xeno tree, so I'm assuming the seige drops an entirely separate group of weapons a la Kjarr. I'm just not sure if I should spend a few days building a stash of Great Spiritgems and rarity 12 augment mats when the Safi system doesn't use any of that.
I would like to know this as well.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

I don't think this is confirmed anywhere and it's a big question. The siege drops will be a separate group of weapons, but we don't know if we can augment those weapons only through the Safi system or through the regular system as well. Most likely only through the Safi system, but it remains to be seen.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
The guard charm is useful since it goes to level 5.
The offensive guard charm is probably good too, since there aren't many sources for that skill.
I often use the master charm (crit eye 4) if I'm short on other sources of affinity. It depends if it's easier to slot handicraft or crit eye gems.

I'm still short on lots of augment and max-rank charm materials. I guess I just need to really focus on guiding lands L7 tempered elders without getting distracted by all the events, bounties and other stuff.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I will have nightmares about lunastra. Such a beautiful monster but such a pain to fight her melee. Fire everywhere, that monster is fast like no other and I never see the mega heatwave coming and this carts me a lot of times. Lunastra screams to be dealt with bows or bowguns.

Nov 7, 2017
I will have nightmares about lunastra. Such a beautiful monster but such a pain to fight her melee. Fire everywhere, that monster is fast like no other and I never see the mega heatwave coming and this carts me a lot of times. Lunastra screams to be dealt with bows or bowguns.
Fireproof mantle makes her pretty easy imo

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Fire Moly is something I tell ya. Still need the ones from Coral and Tundra and then I'll be done with 'em.

By the way, is there a way to reset your Weapon usage stat? I'm at 1000+ CB, 500 IG and double digits for a few of the other weapons. It's EMBARRASSING. omg.

UnsungVagrant

Dec 11, 2017
The Fire Moly is something I tell ya. Still need the ones from Coral and Tundra and then I'll be done with 'em.

By the way, is there a way to reset your Weapon usage stat? I'm at 1000+ CB, 500 IG and double digits for a few of the other weapons. It's EMBARRASSING. omg.
Nope you gotta rep that bar graph with pride

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Repping that bar graph with pride.

ELYJOCvWoAIht-m

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Maybe you did it for the regular Dante gear and didn't get any extra. That's what I did, so I'm also waiting for the quest to return.

Actually no, I barely finished World and did some end game fights but then stopped to grind FFXIV, then Iceborne came and I got back in. Got some mantles I was lacking from World and then dedicated purely to Iceborne.
Right now I'm missing Brute Tigrex and lots of Master Rank armors. I've seen an event for improving the Impact Mantle so I'll do that eventually.

I got the Aloy layered armor yesterday, and I've seen that doing Kushala Arch Tempered and Zorah's gives me some layered armor.

I've seen on twitter an event for a layered armor by fighting Vaal but it doesn't look like it's currently up.

Tl,dr I didn't do much extra content on World og so I missed most collaborations.

Oct 29, 2017
I used to play this on PC but got burnt out. I heard that Kulve Taroth was going to have scaling at some point. Has this happened yet?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
There's a rumor that her weapons might be able to be broken down into crafting mats for the new siege weapon augments, but we don't know yet.... guess we'll find out in a fee hours!

Not a rumor. I believe this has been confirmed directly that these weapons will be updated in some way?

Ill try and find the source

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine Kulve weapons will end up like Streamstones.

In that it'll be a nice bonus if you still have a bunch but there's no reason to go back and get more if you don't have any.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine Kulve weapons will end up like Streamstones.

In that it'll be a nice bonus if you still have a bunch but there's no reason to go back and get more if you don't have any.

I was thinking they might give them an augment system similar to how the Awakened weapons work and give us a new fight to slay Kulve for Master Rank

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Super helpful vid on what skills stack with the new crazy Safi armor set bonus. He says this is part 1, with part 2 on weapon skill activation questions coming.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't playing for the last Siege, do these things work out where you need to specifically organize a group from somewhere online to have a chance? Or can you just join up with randos in your sessions Gathering Hub and it works out? I'm guessing there isn't a way to SOS into this?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I wasn't playing for the last Siege, do these things work out where you need to specifically organize a group from somewhere online to have a chance? Or can you just join up with randos in your sessions Gathering Hub and it works out? I'm guessing there isn't a way to SOS into this?
When you start the game you can set filters so you end up with a bunch of siege players. Then just use the Gathering Hub and it usually works out.