• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
is the tigrex mastery nerfed?
i havent play since before rajang came out on console so dunno if its still 75% free meal or not. and is this nerf on the pc ib too?
It hasn't been nerfed but they did fix a bug where just having free meal secret gave you one lvl of free meal. That was 2 months ago or so though.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Today I finished the quest This here's horn country and got Vitality Mantle +.

My friend didn't have the quest in his list of quests though but did join in. He didn't get the upgrade. How do you obtain this quest?

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Today I finished the quest This here's horn country and got Vitality Mantle +.

My friend didn't have the quest in his list of quests though but did join in. He didn't get the upgrade. How do you obtain this quest?
Some of the upgrade quests need to have others done before them and some of then unlock with master rank levels.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
How annoying is Tigrex? Goddamn, and his hits hurt a lot, A LOT. So far with Iceborne we're having the biggest difficulties now with him.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Tigrex is the game's way of reminding you about monster stamina. Just poke him as best you can and let him wear himself out.
You can hit and run him. Usually as he gets enraged, you can bail out and wait for him to calm down. Or you just keep him exhausted and he becomes easier to deal with.

Hmmm, that's actually not a bad idea at all. I'm probably too hung up constantly trying to hit the enemy, but it's better to move away with this one too. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Tigrex sucks but it does make for good Iai Slash practice.

Lai Slash?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well I was kinda dreading the Nargacuga fight after struggling a bit on the Barioth my first couple tries but I did pretty well I think. I carted once acting like a jackass but overall not too tough, but these huge monster hp pools have been an adjustment...

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam seems to be down, completely disconnected and can't reconnect in any game.

Oct 25, 2017
Tigrex is the game's way of reminding you about monster stamina. Just poke him as best you can and let him wear himself out.
Yeah, there's so many new mechanics and moves in world that you kind of forget about the MH basics. When he started beyblading me in world I got really frustrated after carting before remembering what you have to do, then I was just like "oh yeah you're meant to exhaust him"

First Tigrex hunt in Iceborne:

3643A8C28BE013906E6F1FA1AAB7A3C9D0E3319B

This does not bode well for things I want in the near future.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So while I finished my first encounter with Velkhana, could I have blocked the icebeam with 2pc Uragaan? That felt really hard to react to with a guard dash with how fast it was.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a video on how to play Gunlance and have fun? I have watched the Arekkz one but it's fucking dry. I feel like I "get" every other melee weapon in MH apart from GL and Dual Blades, and maybe it's because I've rotated to GL after playing hammer, which is an insanely fun, mobile, versatile if straight forward weapon that the GL just seems like a convoluted nightmare.

I legitimately find it harder to comprehend what to do than even CB

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
How annoying is Tigrex? Goddamn, and his hits hurt a lot, A LOT. So far with Iceborne we're having the biggest difficulties now with him.
On top of the advice from other people already that fatigue devastates Tigrex's offense, there's one other tip:

If you get hit by Tigrex while it's going mental, particularly during the charge moves, consider not pressing buttons to get up quickly after getting knocked down, instead just lie down and use the invincibility to evade its follow-up attack

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Glavenus being a lil hoe by not dropping his fuckin' mantle for me. Almost tired of farming his bitch ass

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a video on how to play Gunlance and have fun? I have watched the Arekkz one but it's fucking dry. I feel like I "get" every other melee weapon in MH apart from GL and Dual Blades, and maybe it's because I've rotated to GL after playing hammer, which is an insanely fun, mobile, versatile if straight forward weapon that the GL just seems like a convoluted nightmare.

I have about 2k hours in this game and Gunlance is the lamest weapon IMO

Oct 25, 2017
I have about 2k hours in this game and Gunlance is the lamest weapon IMO
I feel this way too now, tbh. Even the regular lance, as of MHW has a lot of great new moves and strats, you can have a lot of fun with it and do some crazy shit. Whereas gunlance is just like, poke poke boom or overhead hit, slam, horizontal swipe, stabby explody thing.

It doesn't feel great. Something with a name like "Gunlance" needs to be WAY more awesome than it is in it's current state. It needs to not just have "the best blocking" because having the best blocking in an active game like MH is fucking boring actually.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Normal lance technically has the worst clear times in the game but I definitely have more fun with it since counter guarding and power guarding is far more satisfying than anything Gunlance has to offer.
I'll also add that I think IG is a very meh weapon in its current incarnation. Every time I play it I feel like I would have more fun and do more damage with LS.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Normal lance technically has the worst clear times in the game but I definitely have more fun with it since counter guarding and power guarding is far more satisfying than anything Gunlance has to offer.
I'll also add that I think IG is a very meh weapon in its current incarnation. Every time I play it I feel like I would have more fun and do more damage with LS.

I love the lance, its the one weapon I feel like I "get". I just wish I didn't have to press R3 to swap to the clutch claw with my weapon out. I like Sword and Shield too but I feel like I just annoy monsters with it.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
First Tigrex hunt in Iceborne:

3643A8C28BE013906E6F1FA1AAB7A3C9D0E3319B

This does not bode well for things I want in the near future.

Did it solo too, almost ran out of time ... and to be fair Odogaron did most of the work ...
As much as I like HH, I need another weapon for the Tigrex/Nargacuga types, fighting them with it is a real nightmare with how they bounce everywhere.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

I played Gunlance for most of my playthrough after switching to PC and thought I liked the weapon but switched back to my beloved Hammer shortly before starting Iceborne and I could not be happier.