• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SothisKrieg

Oct 25, 2017
I have an issue with Rajang especially one of his move it's his super jump/dive when he is enraged, i rarely manage to dodge the hitbox when he hits the ground. Maybe i need to dodge just when he land to iframe it. I guess it is possible to get out of the way before because the telegraph is here and kind of obvious but well...

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I have an issue with Rajang especially one of his move it's his super jump/dive when he is enraged, i rarely manage to dodge the hitbox when he hits the ground. Maybe i need to dodge just when he land to iframe it. I guess it is possible to get out of the way before because the telegraph is here and kind of obvious but well...
I just sheathe my weapon and superman dive it. Maybe that's not possible with all weapons though.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
It has lingering frames and hits twice. I was getting pretty frustrated so I went and looked up a general moveset video to try to better myself at him. When it leaves the floor is when it finishes the tracking. Can your weapon move or sheathe quickly? Just continue to walk backwards and add a roll away from him for good measure. If it's slow like HBG.. you have to add speed sheath and superman dive, atleast from what I tested.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I just did it once as I don't care for crown hunting but tbh I don't know why I'm surprised as this is MH.

So we've established it's not 100% I wonder if the rates are higher than the HR quests. Trying to get the crown trophy is what put me in burnout territory in vanilla so I'll take it easy (Kulve is what totally pushed me out).

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
It has lingering frames and hits twice. I was getting pretty frustrated so I went and looked up a general moveset video to try to better myself at him. When it leaves the floor is when it finishes the tracking. Can your weapon move or sheathe quickly? Just continue to walk backwards and add a roll away from him for good measure. If it's slow like HBG.. you have to add speed sheath and superman dive, atleast from what I tested.
Hits 3 times actually. And the aoe is fairly large which is why it's so annoying to dodge. For HBG it's probably easier to just block it, but against tempered it does heavy chip damage even on guard 5(like 90-100dmg or so) and obviously you better have full stam.

If you're sprinting away as he jumps you will avoid it, but if you're moving at lower speed you pretty much need a roll too and kinda time it properly. If you play a weapon that has terrible sheathe speed and can't block well(like Gunlance if you're not running Guard levels), well... good luck I guess.

So we've established it's not 100% I wonder if the rates are higher than the HR quests. Trying to get the crown trophy is what put me in burnout territory in vanilla so I'll take it easy (Kulve is what totally pushed me out).
Doubt it's higher, no real reason for it. The HR quests had pretty good crown rate, generally running it 2 or 3 times you'd see at least one crown. Key to these quests isn't mindlessly killing stuff though, that still takes a long time, key is you go in and measure the monsters with ghillie mantle, and only kill stuff that's a crown. With the increased chance to spawn it's a lot better than doing it normally(in my experience the quests were like maybe 5times better than investigations with 3gold 2silver). It's still grindy and it's still pointless unless you care about achievements, and if you do well, you should be prepared to grind since that's how most game's achievements work.

I'm almost done farming crowns myself, using investigations and some amount of save scumming. Need a couple of monster and then I'm going to need HR Deviljho which is fucking dumb as fuck and I don't know why they put it in the Iceborne achievement.

SothisKrieg

Oct 25, 2017

Hits 3 times actually. And the aoe is fairly large which is why it's so annoying to dodge. For HBG it's probably easier to just block it, but against tempered it does heavy chip damage even on guard 5(like 90-100dmg or so) and obviously you better have full stam.

If you're sprinting away as he jumps you will avoid it, but if you're moving at lower speed you pretty much need a roll too and kinda time it properly. If you play a weapon that has terrible sheathe speed and can't block well(like Gunlance if you're not running Guard levels), well... good luck I guess.

Thanks for the input guys.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
This game is breaking my controllers. The original one I got brand new with my XB1X the RT and RB buttons stopped working a few months ago and it feels like the RT on my replacement controller is starting to feel a bit clicky and a bit stuck.....

EDIT

Am I just manhandling my controllers a bit too much?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
This game is breaking my controllers. The original one I got brand new with my XB1X the RT and RB buttons stopped working a few months ago and it feels like the RT on my replacement controller is starting to feel a bit clicky and a bit stuck.....

EDIT

Am I just manhandling my controllers a bit too much?
Definitely sounds like you're being rough with them

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely sounds like you're being rough with them

Thing is shit like this requires RB held down quite a lot and I use a lot of charge up weapons using RT
t7iR6Yj.gif

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
what are the best food skills for hunting horn?
as a longtime bow player i have always used black belt (reduced stam use) and sharpshooter (normal arrow dmg up) but not sure what i should use for hunting horn.

i'm thinking slugger is probably a good call. or maybe black belt + something else, maybe polisher. but slugger is probably better than that.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Completionism. The same reason I collect weapons and, to a certain extent, armors (both layered and regular). It's just a thing to chase. I didn't get my MHW Platinum until 2019's summer. I don't obsess with it but I work slowly towards that goal.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Amazing mod for our PC bros

That is cool, but I still wish Capcom would actually reworked them. Besides the different texture quality which is a minor thing but still noticeable to some people, the main thing is that other players will still see the bum ass glued on weapons.

Also, that's super weird that MHO put Brachy slime all over the LS blade. That wasn't a thing in the previous games, the stripe in the middle just got somewhat thicker and the glow from it got stronger/changed color as you upgraded it.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any reason to do this Yodelling in the Forest quest? It doesn't seem to offer any reward...

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Off-topic, but if World is your first MH game and you have a Switch, MHGU is heavily discounted now at $20! I'll buy it today and try to beat it before the release of Raging Brachy and SSJ3 Raja.

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Kinda disappointed that they didn't do a developer update (which is basically a direct lol) along with announcing raging brachydios and furious rajang. I bet they were planning to have some stage presence in taipei show to make up for it until the corona virus started to hit eastern asia hard :(

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
MHW is one of those games I've put SOOOO many hours into and never went for the trophies because of the whole gold crown thing. I kinda want to try for it but I know it'll be a mission.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic, but if World is your first MH game and you have a Switch, MHGU is heavily discounted now at $20! I'll buy it today and try to beat it before the release of Raging Brachy and SSJ3 Raja.

I would like to play this some time soon as well, despite loving all the QoL stuff in World. My only concern is whether it's still populated (in Europe).

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
On why people want crowns. For me it's the last bastion of hunting goals to go for. Basically when you enjoy Iceborne as much as I do but already have everything crafted that you want you can either choose to farm T3 investigations for good decos which is just a horrible horrible experience or set crowns as a goal one at a time which is still a lot less terrible rng than getting Attack + or similar.

Also a game experience can be more interesting with a balanced dose of suffering. That's why people like fromsoft games, or league or dota, etc. Having a bit of suffering of certain kinds creates more contrast between the valleys of enjoyment and frustration which funnily makes a stronger emotional experience.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Still not sure why Rajang is part of the quest.

You 100% don't need its crowns to get the trophy/achievement.

Not only that, but why did they repeat anjanath and rathalos? They're already there in the high rank crown quest. Only 2 monsters for iceborne crown trophies. I can understand black diablos in next weeks crown quest cos I don't think it was ever included in the high rank crown quests.

Still it's far better than doing investigations.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be jumping in the ps4 squad throughout the weekend but nothing too exciting planned. Just knocking out HR/MR optionals that I've put off for too long.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm nearly MR 100 and got 4 new bows from Safi which are really slapping. Love going back to HR now and wrecking stuff.

I'm just loading into people's GL and whacking monsters. My levels just go up and down. Not sure how efficient it is but it's fun and I'm getting a steady stream of upgrades.

Higher gold crown chances, so unless you are interested in crown hunting you can skip it.

Okeey I can just safely ignore it then.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Thing is shit like this requires RB held down quite a lot and I use a lot of charge up weapons using RT
t7iR6Yj.gif
Other than stuff with mashing mechanics, like track and field games or... Mashing to get out of a monster grab before they attack in MHW(don't need to mash during mounts), it's always on the player when they break their controllers, even if they're breaking while playing fighting games, then you're doing something wrong.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
what are the best food skills for hunting horn?
as a longtime bow player i have always used black belt (reduced stam use) and sharpshooter (normal arrow dmg up) but not sure what i should use for hunting horn.

i'm thinking slugger is probably a good call. or maybe black belt + something else, maybe polisher. but slugger is probably better than that.

I don't really worry too much about food skills for hunting horn. Mostly anything that boosts health and stamina. Your buff songs will be the most important key as a HH player as songs affect the whole team.

EDIT
Things like Defence up song and Stamina decrease are really good. It's best to play a song twice to extend it's effect. So you don't have to keep replaying and rebuilding buffs to much during a battle. Along with a Sonorous jewel is a plus.

hDXVlse.png

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Other than stuff with mashing mechanics, like track and field games or... Mashing to get out of a monster grab before they attack in MHW(don't need to mash during mounts), it's always on the player when they break their controllers, even if they're breaking while playing fighting games, then you're doing something wrong.

EDIT
I mean like it's my most played game this gen and everything requires the spamming or holding down Right Trigger which is the button that's most affected.
WHzj2sg.png

Last edited:

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's so damn hard to make Sword and Shield work. Terrible range, low damage per hit, one wrong input and you do something completely different than you wanted to do.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure these crown quest favor large sizes. Been trying to get mini Garuga for hours now.