• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
But you don't need any artillery that goes if you're going to use artillery secret cuz Zora has like five points of it. And guard up really isn't that useful of a skill it's cool to have but it's not something you really need.

I don't need any artillery gems of course, but I do need 3 Zorah armor pieces at all times.
Guard up is of course, not necessary all the time, but I really do like it in the endgame, where the amount of unblockable attacks seems to triple.

I really don't want to miss out on it. I spent like 300 hours not worrying about attacks that are not blockable. I'm set in my ways. :P

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
I just finished The Storm Brings the Unexpected, the optional quest that has Tempered Kushala and Tempered Black Vail Hazak it upgrades the affinity booster and I fucking roared out loud with Gutts facial expression in mind! I fucking hate both of these elders..... Btw Fcs GS Blast Safi'jiva with all the mele spec ei. wkns exploit, crit Boost &eye maxxed etc etc. I felt like guts, ripped their tails and broke heads and chests multiple times.... Long bloody fight...... I was victorious at the end with a 44min run! Btw no bastard wanted to join even though I had the SOS up the whole time..... That saddened me.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Finally jumped on it since it was on sale on XBL. I originally put 100+ hours into the base PS4 version back when it came out but now I have an XB1X and would love to play with the elite controller. How is Iceborne? Is it more of the same of what we had with the base game? Not that there's anything wrong with that as I loved it minus stuff like matchmaking etc. Any big QoL updates since the first game? I'm excited, creating my character right now. Also would you prioritize resolution, quality or performance? I think resolution was the way to go back in vanilla.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Also hows the Bow? That was my main and my alternate was the hammer. Any big changes? Still a good weapon to use? Thanks

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
Finally jumped on it since it was on sale on XBL. I originally put 100+ hours into the base PS4 version back when it came out but now I have an XB1X and would love to play with the elite controller. How is Iceborne? Is it more of the same of what we had with the base game? Not that there's anything wrong with that as I loved it minus stuff like matchmaking etc. Any big QoL updates since the first game? I'm excited, creating my character right now. Also would you prioritize resolution, quality or performance? I think resolution was the way to go back in vanilla.

Prioritize performance, it's the most responsive thing you need against any type of monster since they are very roided up an the same types and the new types of monsters are very aggressive.

Clutch claw is your friend, learn it with any weapon and the game becomes even more open to your play style.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Also hows the Bow? That was my main and my alternate was the hammer. Any big changes? Still a good weapon to use? Thanks

From what I gathered, bows tend to go for elemental damage these days. That means Dragon Piercer is not that useful anymore as cool as it is.
Besides the usual bow skills like constitution, bow charge, etc, you're going to try to maximize your elemental damage.

The hammer got a pretty great upgrade through its clutch claw attacks all around the board. You can cluch andf do massive damage to a part and you can clutch mid-attack to do a huge combo as well.
Hammer is a greatly appreciated tool right now, just after the underrepresented Huntin Horn.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017

Bow is still ridiculous and gets the 2nd highest clear times in the game, with a big difference between the next highest clear time. It is the most deco hungry weapon in the game though, you want Constitution, Mighty Bow, Spread Shots, Normal Shots, 100% affinity, maxed out elemental, and then max WEX and Crit Boost alongside Crit Element.

It's main flaw other than that is that alot of things one shot you even with Health Boost.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019

Bow got a new move, the thousand dragons, which is a close-range shotgun like burst that uses slinger ammo for maximum effect. And yeah, element has been redeemed in iceborne, since the cap was removed.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Hey, is the ERA squad still active on PS4?

I'd really love to have a group to return to.
SoSs are fun sometimes, but bad when you want to get shit done. :/

If someone could send me an invite I'd be eternally grateful...almost literally considering the amount of hours I put into this game. >.<
The squad is only moderately active, more so in the weekend than during the working days. Unfortunately, there is no way to invite asynchronously so to get an invite we have to be in the same session at the same time. I usually play at around 20:00 UTC so the best course of action is to ask for the session id around then, get in, I invite you and then you can log off it is a bad time for you.
At best you're looking at 6 true raw and 5% affinity. Endgame weapons now regularly go over 300 true raw, so that's a 2% boost. That 2% isn't going to matter unless you're speedrunning. And you can get 5% affinity from one point in Expert or Agitator, which you can get from significantly more common decos.
Ever since I got my third Agitator/Health Boost decoration I'm a happy camper and those are in almost all my builds considering that, with wall banging, monsters stay enraged most of the fight.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Yup, you have to train yourself mentally and physically to become a meta hunter. :P

Fake Edit: I'm still grinding for a shield gem so I can ditch those Uragaan armor parts..I only get gunner shit :(

I've swapped from Lance to LBG for a bit and the game still hasn't given me a Shield jewel. I'm convinced it isn't real.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
The only jewel that isn't real is the mind's eye one. At least you can get the skill with 2 pieces of Rajang armor now.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up to PC players who use Stracker's Loader, there's a bug in the latest version that will skip scripted cutscenes and breaks unlocks for certain stuff (in particular Rajang special assignment unlocks have been reported to break). Disable the quest loader in your config file while a fix is being worked on, that prevents the issue.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished The Storm Brings the Unexpected, the optional quest that has Tempered Kushala and Tempered Black Vail Hazak it upgrades the affinity booster and I fucking roared out loud with Gutts facial expression in mind! I fucking hate both of these elders..... Btw Fcs GS Blast Safi'jiva with all the mele spec ei. wkns exploit, crit Boost &eye maxxed etc etc. I felt like guts, ripped their tails and broke heads and chests multiple times.... Long bloody fight...... I was victorious at the end with a 44min run! Btw no bastard wanted to join even though I had the SOS up the whole time..... That saddened me.
Should have asked for help in the discord. I think I need to still do that quest as well haha, but I don't want to fight Kushala. :[

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Since I've been going through the side content, I'm pretty certain that the treasure hunt stuff is longer than most games are in their entirety.

had to force myself to complete all that not long ago..
YccoJ61.png

I'm in the middle of clearing out the Elder's Recess treasures myself, with just Hoarfrost to go. I guess I should be thankful that they didn't stick another tribe in GL, since there are far fewer notable landmarks in there to write clues around.

Seriously, the middle portion of the Wildspire hints was some Da Vinci Code nonsense.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Started up Iceborne recently after a long break from the game and 1. this is super overwhelming, so much stuff! And 2. oh boy I am clearly not strong enough to be taking on these monsters by myself. Glad to jump back in and get some MR stuff together, but I am considering ditching my puny LBG haha

I really enjoyed the treasure hunting. I did not really enjoy reloading the levels over and over until I got a clue from Pawswap.
That's easily the worst part, especially since you have no way of knowing when a tip will actually drop. It feels very steeped in design elements for quests that shouldn't apply at all since it's a cute side thing otherwise.

The weird part is that aside from the weirdly specific pose they ask for Viper Tobi that doesn't at all click with how it's described to you, the research requests work exactly like you would want the treasure tips to work, and even let you reset without a trip back to the hub.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
This is a very good Hammer build.

Needs peak performance instead of slugger. I'd probably also max out crit eye and attack instead of stun resist and medicine but I can see why people would like those for comfiness and you can get the affinity from Safi awakenings at the expense of attack like they did. You gain back a ton of health just with a single health boost augment on a hammer though so medicine is kinda meh imo.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Finally fought Rajang for the first time in my MH career.

Went with a lance, which is my only close-to-end-game weapon atm.

Carted once, and yeah he is pretty annoying.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Finally fought Rajang for the first time in my MH career.

Went with a lance, which is my only close-to-end-game weapon atm.

Carted once, and yeah he is pretty annoying.
I never tried Rajang with lance but doing that fight without really being able to dodge sounds rough. Hammer is my go-to against him. Once you learn his attacks he's not that hard to dodge.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
I never tried Rajang with lance but doing that fight without really being able to dodge sounds rough. Hammer is my go-to against him. Once you learn his attacks he's not that hard to dodge.
It's doable. With guard/guard up, Gunlance and Lance can tank just about everything he has. Only his enraged explosion aerial pound does serious chip damage, but with evade distance you can back hop away safely.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Lance is the easiest weapon to kill him with for me(besides sticky spam and what not). Can block everything but the grab which is fairly easy to dodge even with hops and can chase him down well enough to keep hitting the tail. You absolutely need health augment for tempered though cause you get chipped like crazy, but other than that it's pretty simple.

Aug 13, 2019
Guys. Guys. Guys... I think I love Rajang. Like, Rajang might be my favorite fight so far. Not the tempered version, I haven't gotten there yet, but basic Rajang is amazing. Every moment feels so tense and he's so fast! I lost to him 5 times, mostly time running out, but I finally beat him in 33 minutes and it felt so god damn good! I don't think any hunt has given me that kind of satisfaction yet. I'm gonna farm that bastard until I'm wearing him from head to toe.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: they didn't change a single file in the chunk containers only changed two (!) files for a few KB. I love how bandwidth conscious they are, especially when you factor in the massively bloated denuvo riddled exe too.

Oh btw, my game won't launch anymore after the update, so shout out to them. Thankfully I know my enemy and have backed up the old exe (which still works fine) before updating lol

Last edited:

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I think the drop rates from sealed feystones should be rebalanced to increase the R11/R12 drops and reduce the R10 drops. There are loads more R11 and R12 jewels than there were R7/R8 jewels, so it will take a lot more effort to get them than it did at high rank.

I also think that the important armour skill jewels (Mighty bow, guard up, mind's eye, polish) should be added to the drop tables for carved/sealed feystones.
I don't want to grind out easy fights vs HR monsters just because it's the only way to get the warped/worn stones that have guard up in the drop table.

I'm also hoping for a greatest banbaro/my name is beotodus quest at some point.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
Guys. Guys. Guys... I think I love Rajang. Like, Rajang might be my favorite fight so far. Not the tempered version, I haven't gotten there yet, but basic Rajang is amazing. Every moment feels so tense and he's so fast! I lost to him 5 times, mostly time running out, but I finally beat him in 33 minutes and it felt so god damn good! I don't think any hunt has given me that kind of satisfaction yet. I'm gonna farm that bastard until I'm wearing him from head to toe.
I use the Beta helmet as a pride thing from his hunt, there are better ones for my build but I won't let that go until I replace it with the Furious Rajang helmet, which ever one looks cooler!

Plus I like the SSJ hair it gives yah with horns xD

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Rajang is a fantastic fight.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Lure them (you might have some from your GL grinding) or meld the parts from other GL mats.

I Googled this and it sounds like a major endeavour. Well, guess know what I'm going next. I'm nervous to meld other materials for this in case I need those materials later for something else.

One of my favourite monsters! I love the fight and he has a great theme. Everyone seems to hate the monsters I love ha ha. I think Kirin and Kushala are great.

Although I was thinking Rajang seems pretty furious already so wonder what the hell the new version is going to be like.

Last edited:

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
The deco rates are so easy to fix. Just rebalance and stop letting much lower rank decos pop from sealed feystones. It really makes no sense why So many lower rarity stones can come from sealed stones other than to try and keep people playing.

The thing with the decos is that they really don't matter enough to really change the game play and just a easy stick to grind for.

...But if they don't matter that much why did they consciously choose to make the rarity 12 stones so difficult to get? That point can be used for either side.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I Googled this and it sounds like a major endeavour. Well, guess know what I'm going next. I'm nervous to meld other materials for this in case I need those materials later for something else.

One of my favourite monsters! I love the fight and he has a great theme. Everyone seems to hate the monsters I love ha ha. I think Kirin and Kushala are great.

Although I was thinking Rajang seems pretty furious already so wonder what the hell the new version is going to be like.
Open up the the menu and go to "Check Special Tracks" you might be surprised to find a Glavenus in your line up already.