• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
I just thought of another possible update collaboration for Iceborne, they already have the Re remake 2 in there already. Almost the same though this time re 3 remake! It's around the corner so maybe a fall update if they keep supporting the game. Boom handler gets a nemesis skin and maybe we get a Jill one with a weapon thrown in there. As for which monster would be the bioweapon? Hmmmmm don't know on that one

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
I just thought of another possible update collaboration for Iceborne, they already have the Re remake 2 in there already. Almost the same though this time re 3 remake! It's around the corner so maybe a fall update if they keep supporting the game. Boom handler gets a nemesis skin and maybe we get a Jill one with a weapon thrown in there. As for which monster would be the bioweapon? Hmmmmm don't know on that one
I doubt Capcom would let them use 2 of their games for a collaboration.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Made myself a healer set in preparation for Raging Jang
506CtvE.jpg

I still need to finish awakening my sns (gonna replace atk v for sharpness) but I'm really happy out it turned out.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So is "to the very ends with you" the actual final mission? I'm most of the way there with just a couple more MR to gain, but the grind to get here has really burned me out. Is there nothing new beyond that? Kinda want to kill it and move on to something else again, though if theres more I'd be tempted to carry on. Just not if I have to grind 25 MR again lol

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So is "to the very ends with you" the actual final mission? I'm most of the way there with just a couple more MR to gain, but the grind to get here has really burned me out. Is there nothing new beyond that? Kinda want to kill it and move on to something else again, though if theres more I'd be tempted to carry on. Just not if I have to grind 25 MR again lol
There's more quests at 125, 150, 175 and 200 MR. They're not really part of the story though, just random quests, the first 3 give temporal mantle, affinity booster and some other mantle upgrade(forgot which, the one that wasn't upgraded) and the last is just the usual "hard" final quest that has everyone in town say something like "wow that's really impressive", similar to the HR 100 quest.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's more quests at 125, 150, 175 and 200 MR. They're not really part of the story though, just random quests, the first 3 give temporal mantle, affinity booster and some other mantle upgrade(forgot which, the one that wasn't upgraded) and the last is just the usual "hard" final quest that has everyone in town say something like "wow that's really impressive", similar to the HR 100 quest.
Ah thanks! I think I might as well finish Nerg and take a break then. Another 100 MR will feel like an eternity if I'm going out of my way to do it so I figure I'll make this one to fire up once in a while now.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
4 to 5 hours I guess. I have never burned that much but 10k takes about an hour so it should be around that timeframe.
If you're playing on PC you can try this; I've been using Cheat Engine to enable Speedhack, I set it to 10x speed, get back in-game and let it run with R2.
Thank you both. I found this mod which works perfectly (literally) and I got through a big chunk of it tonight.

www.nexusmods.com

Automatic Steamworks - 100 Percent Success Rate

*100% Success Rate* [421471 (V15.11.01) - App Version: 19.0] Reads the game memory for the 'expected' order of the Steamworks Mini game and then plays that sequence. Auto-Restarts the Game if you hav

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Is Safi and Stygian in the same PC patch Thursday? Or are they staggered by a week like the console last year?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Would this be a worthwhile Insect Glaive build?
unknown.png
Well not sure about the items but first since it's in red, you have too much latent power. Second latent power is pretty bad overall, so I wouldn't bother, although ymmv I guess. Finally you need flinch free if you want to get the additional earplugs/tremor levels, which I think is what you're going for? If it's not, I wouldn't get random points like that unless you're specifically hunting a monster that has these. But as a reminder of how it works in case you're not and still want some levels, if you have flinch free 3 and activate the 3 kinsect essences together, it will provide earplugs 3, wind resist 3 and tremor 3 for "free".

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Without the safi set bonus I dont think Latent power is that good unless you let the monster hit you. The build is also missing Crit boost which is a 15% damage increase at level 3.
Well not sure about the items but first since it's in red, you have too much latent power. Second latent power is pretty bad overall, so I wouldn't bother, although ymmv I guess. Finally you need flinch free if you want to get the additional earplugs/tremor levels, which I think is what you're going for? If it's not, I wouldn't get random points like that unless you're specifically hunting a monster that has these. But as a reminder of how it works in case you're not and still want some levels, if you have flinch free 3 and activate the 3 kinsect essences together, it will provide earplugs 3, wind resist 3 and tremor 3 for "free".

Latent power is like one of the worst skills in the game. And you really don't need that much of affinity

Yeah my friends said the same thing and i went with a Master's Touch build instead and this went better
E7Zy20m8.jpg:medium

Cahill

Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut, USA
No, it's for Great Spiritvein Gems and it's the best source for those currently.

I did the quest 3 times and got one Great Gem in each. I also got fkn Spritvein Gem Shards, which honestly, shouldn't even be a thing for a quest like this. On the other hand, I received 6 Great Spritvein Gems from a single Temp Lunastra in the Guiding lands... RNG can be funny sometimes.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
I love this arena in for the tempered ruiner Nergi event. Hammer ledge hop for the entire quest 😂 and hoarfrost reach crown event confirmed for the 27th. Platinum all but assured.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's obnoxious that you can spend 20 minutes doing a crown quest and not get a single crown, much less two or three times in a row.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's obnoxious that you can spend 20 minutes doing a crown quest and not get a single crown, much less two or three times in a row.

Here here! The additional bullshit that if you already got all the crowns for the non-Iceborne monsters means you are diluting you chances of getting another crown is horrendous too. Love MHW, but they need to scale back the rng is quite a few places, just a little.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You all should count yourselves lucky.

You didn't get all of the crowns before they started doing the crown quests.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've found the crown rate to be pretty decent. Finished this weeks crown event in like 5 missions, needed both crowns for seething bazelgeuse and small brachydios. Last week it took more like 12-15 but I needed all of the Iceborne crowns. I feel like the HR crown event quests were more stingy personally.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I gave up crown hunting after I spent days hunting nothing but fucking kushala without getting the small crown I needed. Never again.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me understand something? I made the Astral + set and it gives Gratitudes Gift and Gratitudes Blessing. Do those skills only work during festivals or what? I'm not really sure what benefit it gives. I've searched and haven't really gotten a good explanation.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me understand something? I made the Astral + set and it gives Gratitudes Gift and Gratitudes Blessing. Do those skills only work during festivals or what? I'm not really sure what benefit it gives. I've searched and haven't really gotten a good explanation.
Yes, they only improve the drop rate of the tickets afaik. In particular Astral only improved Gratitude VIP drops I think.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
They both only increase their own gratitude vip tickets and nothing else, and only during festivals. Once a festival is over you can't get any of the drops from it until the year after(and well if they run all festivals at some point like for the 1 year aniversary). Unless you're on PC then you can just edit the shop to sell tickets whenever.

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
And this is why I didn't even tried to get the platinum in vanilla World. I love the game and I usually hunt monters I don't need to hunt just for fun. But I know the second I start doing that to get the crowns all the fun will just vanish.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So with all the free quarantine-time coming up, now seems like a good time to buy Iceborne! But the steam reviews have me worried about the kind of performance I might get out of the pc version. Does anyone know how credible the complaints about pc performance are, and will a 6600k + gtx 1070 system run this no problem?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So with all the free quarantine-time coming up, now seems like a good time to buy Iceborne! But the steam reviews have me worried about the kind of performance I might get out of the pc version. Does anyone know how credible the complaints about pc performance are, and will a 6600k + gtx 1070 system run this no problem?
Launch the game and check. The base game was updated to Iceborne stuff, so there's virtually no difference between the 2(I guess you might have specific issues with snow but that'd only be when playing the new map, and I haven't really seen have these kind of specific issues, it's more like general "the game runs like shit now" issues). There's been a few performance patches so it should be better than it was at launch when the bulk of complaints were made. Also check with AND without DX12, it's finnicky, and personally DX12 the couple of times I tested ended up crashing the game so I went back.